(wL) Forums

Full Version: CSS unplayable.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let me know when there will be a new css update on steam. I stopped playing the game because the latest update screw up my game. I can only play for 5 minutes without lag, after that I get some weird performance choppiness in game. It is not network related lag. I re-installed the game, re-installed steam, removed config file, moved the game and steam to another hard drive, changed settings. The only way to get rid of the lag is to enable v-sync. But I can't play the game with it. I also noticed that my laptop's fan works non-stop when the game is running, but I have a fairly decent laptop for this game. It is Asus G73SW, with i7 and gtx460m. It all started after that update a few weeks ago. I'd appreciate any new useful advises, but I gave up for now. Please let me know on steam or here when the next update will hit CSS on steam. Hopefully it will fix the lag.
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Jn8K8EA7-Q[/video]
Bison is the mayor.
Ruplayer is the witch.
The lolipop gang = Joker8baller, spartacus and remix.
The rest of you are fggts
pTK, post: 88189, member: 2725 Wrote:The rest of you are fggts
Including You.
Moriarty, post: 88188, member: 9168 Wrote:Let me know when there will be a new css update on steam. I stopped playing the game because the latest update screw up my game. I can only play for 5 minutes without lag, after that I get some weird performance choppiness in game. It is not network related lag. I re-installed the game, re-installed steam, removed config file, moved the game and steam to another hard drive, changed settings. The only way to get rid of the lag is to enable v-sync. But I can't play the game with it. I also noticed that my laptop's fan works non-stop when the game is running, but I have a fairly decent laptop for this game. It is Asus G73SW, with i7 and gtx460m. It all started after that update a few weeks ago. I'd appreciate any new useful advises, but I gave up for now. Please let me know on steam or here when the next update will hit CSS on steam. Hopefully it will fix the lag.

Harsh situation man! Hope to see you in game soon though.
My suggestion would be to update your graphics card, or if it is fully updated, check to see if it has been updated recently and if so, downgrade the drivers.
Moriarty, post: 88188, member: 9168 Wrote:Let me know when there will be a new css update on steam. I stopped playing the game because the latest update screw up my game. I can only play for 5 minutes without lag, after that I get some weird performance choppiness in game. It is not network related lag. I re-installed the game, re-installed steam, removed config file, moved the game and steam to another hard drive, changed settings. The only way to get rid of the lag is to enable v-sync. But I can't play the game with it. I also noticed that my laptop's fan works non-stop when the game is running, but I have a fairly decent laptop for this game. It is Asus G73SW, with i7 and gtx460m. It all started after that update a few weeks ago. I'd appreciate any new useful advises, but I gave up for now. Please let me know on steam or here when the next update will hit CSS on steam. Hopefully it will fix the lag.
There was a css update on the 21st of march like two days ago. Try it and see if it solves your problem.
Assassin, post: 88198, member: 2398 Wrote:There was a css update on the 21st of march like two days ago. Try it and see if it solves your problem.
I will try today
Aimfish, post: 88194, member: 8312 Wrote:My suggestion would be to update your graphics card, or if it is fully updated, check to see if it has been updated recently and if so, downgrade the drivers.
One of the first things I've done, it did not help.
Can't wait to see you on the servers!

Have you tried changing dx levels? You got to set it in your launch options, instead of your console if you did.
mahyar, post: 88207, member: 992 Wrote:Can't wait to see you on the servers!

Have you tried changing dx levels? You got to set it in your launch options, instead of your console if you did.
What volume do I need to set?
Moriarty, post: 88212, member: 9168 Wrote:What volume do I need to set?

mat_dxlevel changes the DirectX mode used within a Source game. The player is only able to use modes that his/her hardware supports. The format is
mat_dxlevel [DirectX version]
mat_dxlevel 70
mat_dxlevel 80
mat_dxlevel 81

For DirectX 9 the value depends on the hardware's capability:
mat_dxlevel 90 - DX9 with Shader Model 2
mat_dxlevel 95 - DX9 with Shader Model 3
mat_dxlevel 98 - DX9 on DX10 hardware (SM 4)

This can also be specified with Launch Options, use +mat_dxlevel [DirectX version] on the launch options of any Source game to do so. Alternatively, you can use -dxlevel [DirectX version], however this specifies a number of extra presets, including resolution and quality.

Try some of these values, all I know for sure is that people with more modern system find 9 a lot more stable, but I have even read that some people managed to set it to dx11 to stabilize it for their system. However, don't know the values for those.

Also set it in launch options -dxlevel 95/98 (etc)

Hope one of these work for you.
Pages: 1 2 3