(wL) Forums

Full Version: Valve Lets Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Players Police Themselves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May 24, 2013 - 6:13am
Valve has decided that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players are mature enough to police themselves, so it launched the Overwatch where they are able to do so.

The Overwatch system chooses “reputable” members of the game’s community automatically and nominate them as “investigators.” Other players in the game are then able to click a special “Overwatch” button to alert investigators to in-game cases.

When the Overwatch button is pressed, the investigators assigned to the case will be able to watch eight rounds’ worth of game replay (about 10 minutes) before deciding whether the suspect has engaged in behavior deemed Majorly Disruptive (cheating), Minorly Disruptive (griefing), or there is Insufficient Evidence. A verdict is then reached according to the judgment of the “overwhelming majority” of investigators assigned to the case.
As an extra precaution, Overwatch assigns old cases that have already been decided in order to asses their objectiveness and competence.

Source: http://megagames.com/news/valve-lets-cou...themselves
Valve is completely retarded. BUT we knew this the first 20 times they broke their best game( css ).
inb4 spam of the overwatch button.
It's an interesting concept, trying to prove and believe that humanity on the internet is still capable and functional to be intelligent and respectful.
While my optimism is high for this event, I personally hated CS:GO, and haven't played very much of it compared to the amount of CS:S I've played.
Might be a better platform to attempt on CS:S, considering the hacking and griefing, but then again admin's are more prevalent on CS:S per server, so ... meh?
J33f, post: 93324, member: 17021 Wrote:It's an interesting concept, trying to prove and believe that humanity on the internet is still capable and functional to be intelligent and respectful.
While my optimism is high for this event, I personally hated CS:GO, and haven't played very much of it compared to the amount of CS:S I've played.
Might be a better platform to attempt on CS:S, considering the hacking and griefing, but then again admin's are more prevalent on CS:S per server, so ... meh?

would be pointless on CSS, there is no matchmaking or valve servers, it's all community based servers which already have VAC and SMAC implemented and have admins on as you said.

CSGO matchmaking desperately needs anti-cheat, it seems like there is none whatsoever at the present moment with tons of wallers and aimboters/nospreaders in the higher ranks. They'll just wall at first but when they start losing and think you cheat, then they'll turn their aimbot 100% and thne there's no point getting out of spawn.

I saw a video of a guy who got the overwatch beta and it seems like it will work really well because it is not open to everyone, only certain people have it that valve think are qualified (people with helpful youtube channels, long time steam users, professional players) and therefore that certainly limits the drawbacks of this service. Basically all you do is watch a recorded demo of the reported player, and at the end say if it is cheats, trolling or if theres not enough evidence for either. Hopefully some cheaters will start getting banned