(wL) Forums

Full Version: Farewell Threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is it that people bother providing others with personal explanations to why they may or may not be playing and eventually come crawling back? I have seen this in multiple communities across multiple game platforms. There will always be a time when someone leaves. There will always be a time when someone has to do something or has to go somewhere. But in reference they will be back. Goodbye is never goodbye. For those who leave those types of threads it makes me create my own ideas on their ulterior motives as if they expect that when they return they will be praised and loved by all. On rare occasions this is the case and I mean very rare. The individual must be well respected on every level and be proficient in whatever they do. But hardly ever is it you see someone from the lower rings rising to fame from leaving and returning. I believe I could go through these forums and point out insignificant instances where individuals had departed and returned with nothing in wait. But alas that is what I believe and those who read this can take it with a grain of salt.

So my quote ensues:
"You may believe that a departure will bring you fortune and fame upon your return, but in the end all that will remain with your return are older repetitious events that have not been altered since you had departed."
Why do you care? o.o
I have online friends as a substitute for my real life friends. I would be super mad and sad if someone left without letting me know.

FUCK YOU ALL and fuck you MY MOM for leaving us, you said it'd be a few weeks ITS BEEN MONTHS Sad Sad: (
Riser, post: 100859, member: 992 Wrote:I have online friends as a substitute for my real life friends. I would be super mad and sad if someone left without letting me know.

FUCK YOU ALL and fuck you MY MOM for leaving us, you said it'd be a few weeks ITS BEEN MONTHS Sad Sad: (

He doesn't have access to Internet.
It's just your point of view. People can go ahead and leave and expect fame on their return. Though, people can make threads just for the sole purpose to explain their absense for the future. Them getting fame could just be a coincidence. I don't expect most people to make these types of threads solely for fame, but if they do --which is unlikely-- , they're just attention whores who wants people to recognize them.
I care not for any explicit reason Eternal, I only acknowledge the action and am inquisitive of it's primary motive. I felt nor feel any concern nor interest in the matter any more than any other trivial subject, stating obvious facts and applying logic based thinking. I came at this from a social and psychological perspective so I chose to input objectified beliefs on what the possible and most plausible subconscious choice of those who decide to participate in the ritualistic act of leaving a farewell thread only to return some time later. You're exactly right xXThatNubXx, it is only my point of view as far as the thread has shown however every individuals view has some meaning. I don't just type things because I am completely crazy, I do it because I feel there is truth hidden in the message.
I think they didn't do it on purpose. I try to diminish my playing time for studying but I am still here.Big Grin

Double post

Riser, post: 100859, member: 992 Wrote:I have online friends as a substitute for my real life friends. I would be super mad and sad if someone left without letting me know.

I feel you Riser. But it's inevitable to have some real one even thought they may be not as good as we think.