(wL) Forums

Full Version: Battlefield 4 - Single Player review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you intend to purchase this make sure only to purchase it if you are going to play the Multiplayer mode all the way.

The campaign is a sad a excuse, and will leave you wanting more but you will never get it.
Not immersive at all, and the story is way too predictable and includes way too many clichés.

You will not have any customizations available for your weapons which basically is the worse part for me, where as you have these amazing different "options" to put on weapons but no way of doing it in your weapons locker as the game won't allow changes in the campaign mode.

Also to note, the campaign is a super short one, we are talking tops 4 hours of game play on medium.

I am disappointed again... I should have learned from BF3.

On a side note too, the dozen of assault rifles and carbine options when looked from "First person view" will all look similar to one another, they are for some reason drawn bigger than they are and very few distinctions in details are found between them. Plus they decided not to include the AK47 *sadface*
Downloading it right now.
cucubelu, post: 103417, member: 15378 Wrote:If you intend to purchase this make sure only to purchase it if you are going to play the Multiplayer mode all the way.
I think this is what they were going for, I noticed you said single player is a +/- 4hrs by a bit. in today's age of gaming it's all about multiplayer, showing off your skills, so of course the single player campaign's going to suck, look at mw3, it was pure shit, and took maybe 2 1/2 - 3 hours to beat, but no one talked about single player, it was all multiplayer, I don't even know why the commercials show single player trailers, should just jump straight into multiplayer combat, where everyone goes to anyway

edit: on a side note though, you may be a single player kind of guy, get to know the story, so you do have a point in some regard
henry, post: 103426, member: 395 Wrote:I think this is what they were going for, I noticed you said single player is a +/- 4hrs by a bit. in today's age of gaming it's all about multiplayer, showing off your skills, so of course the single player campaign's going to suck, look at mw3, it was pure shit, and took maybe 2 1/2 - 3 hours to beat, but no one talked about single player, it was all multiplayer, I don't even know why the commercials show single player trailers, should just jump straight into multiplayer combat, where everyone goes to anyway

edit: on a side note though, you may be a single player kind of guy, get to know the story, so you do have a point in some regard
Yea, I am all about the story. Hell I love game play that takes you deep into the story whether it is an FPS or a third person. I was disappointed by BF4 in that regards, because they said they wanted to improve their campaign and story line a few years ago.
"Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault" the best storyline ever