(wL) Forums

Full Version: High End GPU's giving FPS lag in CSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, having major issues with my high end GPU's (GTX 780x2 SLI) giving me freeze FPS lags in CSS. I figured I do some research on google for it, and found zit, most people that play CSS use mid/low-end computers which puts me in a unique spot of being miserable.

I figured I would give it a go, to see if anyone encountered any SLI/X-Fire issues that sound similar to this and found a work around?

Note: This is only a CSS problem, I get no problem maxing out any other (BF4/Ghosts etc).
Probably a driver issue.
Matt, post: 104466, member: 178 Wrote:Probably a driver issue.
Tried three different drivers, including the latest beta. Problem seems to lie in the SLI, as soon as I shut it off it helps a bit, and prolongs the delay of a FPS freeze, but not for long. Problem is I can't replicate it in any other game, so it seems to be a CSS related issue and not hardware/driver one :/
I think CS:S doesn't even support graphics card in SLi or CrossFire/CrossFireX mode.
Did this randomly start happening?
What type of monitor do you have?
Can you check your dxlevel?
Does it also lag whenever you use vsync?
Check event viewer for error logs.
Definitely fool around with newer and older drivers.
Lower your resolution a bit?
I ran into an issue where my gtx680 ran too fast for my monitor and started tearing my screen. I ended up running css in -gl mode, -dxlevel 111, and bumping down the resolution which fixed it

Double post

Does it get too hot?
Mista Moop, post: 104557, member: 17022 Wrote:Did this randomly start happening?
What type of monitor do you have?
Can you check your dxlevel?
Does it also lag whenever you use vsync?
Check event viewer for error logs.
Definitely fool around with newer and older drivers.
Lower your resolution a bit?
I ran into an issue where my gtx680 ran too fast for my monitor and started tearing my screen. I ended up running css in -gl mode, -dxlevel 111, and bumping down the resolution which fixed it

Double post

Does it get too hot?

Monitor: It is a 32'' ASUS 2ms, 2012 model.
DXLevel: Tried most of them. Not the problem.
VSync: Does not help (On / Off tested)
Event Viewer: No error computed.
Drivers: Done old, new and betas. No change.
Resultion: Lowest/Mid-levels/Highest tested. Same problem

Turned off SLI mode it is helping a bit, but not a lot. Going to keep playing around a bit with settings when final exams are done. I might have to go to Steam support, but I have feeling they will just give me the run-around solutions.
cucubelu, post: 104456, member: 15378 Wrote:freeze FPS lags

Explain further, does your screen/sound freeze? Or just one or the other.

Double post

Try going into your task manager, and set the "hl2" process to "High Priority". Css may need to use more memory, than there is allocated.
Sneaaaky Fucking Sniper, post: 104572, member: 17123 Wrote:Explain further, does your screen/sound freeze? Or just one or the other.

Double post

Try going into your task manager, and set the "hl2" process to "High Priority". Css may need to use more memory, than there is allocated.
24gb RAM, plus it is already a priority through settings.

Looks like FPS Freeze / Lag, but my fps remains constant at maximum level 300. Tried to put it down to 99 or increase to 999, same thing. It remains constant and never drops more than 1-2, so whatever it is mimics FPS lag.
cucubelu, post: 104575, member: 15378 Wrote:24gb RAM, plus it is already a priority through settings.

Looks like FPS Freeze / Lag, but my fps remains constant at maximum level 300. Tried to put it down to 99 or increase to 999, same thing. It remains constant and never drops more than 1-2, so whatever it is mimics FPS lag.
I would have no idea then. Sorry.
its a conspiracy for you to buy GO Wink
Pages: 1 2