(wL) Forums

Full Version: Americans + "N" Word = WTF!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Masterful1, post: 111874, member: 3284 Wrote:That form of racism IS banned here. Personally, first offense receives a one day ban for Racism from me. Notice that it is almost never said when I am on, Alina.
Only because you actually do your job. Admins that shall not be named by me will join in this. It may be socially accepted in America, but it isn't here. I believe they should be banned regardless of what they think of the word.

Oh, btw, thanks for being an awesome admin! We need more people like you.
Masterful1, post: 111874, member: 3284 Wrote:That form of racism IS banned here. Personally, first offense receives a one day ban for Racism from me. Notice that it is almost never said when I am on, Alina.
I never see people use it either.
Server is international and Zero tolerance for racism. Not only the "N" word...if a player is disrespecting a certain community or country or origin of another player, it's PUNISHABLE.
If u find anyone under this, pls report with a proper proof. if admins were present at the situation and didnt take any action. report the same with the proof.
NB: Please don't blame entire community for a single/ few player's mistake.
RJU, post: 111866, member: 17557 Wrote:Actually there was a foreign exchange student in my school from Belgium and he said you wouldn't believe how many people over there actually say it.

Well, Belgians...

It's all about context and connotation really. The word 'neger' in Belgium doesn't have the same pejorative connotation as it does in the US. Yes, it's considered politically incorrect in social situations, not but really racist by most.
I find it very short sighted to equal the use of the word with racism.

I do find it normal to ban the word in servers, otherwise stuff just gets out of hand.
George Of The Jungle, post: 111919, member: 3094 Wrote:Well, Belgians...

It's all about context and connotation really. The word 'neger' in Belgium doesn't have the same pejorative connotation as it does in the US. Yes, it's considered politically incorrect in social situations, not but really racist by most.
I find it very short sighted to equal the use of the word with racism.

I do find it normal to ban the word in servers, otherwise stuff just gets out of hand.
So people say it quite a bit there though? Tongue
another oversensitive girl.
Gotta love it. Listen, do people find it offensive to use the cracker slang for white people? If they don't than it is equally true that the term nigger should also be accepted as a slang term for black people regardless of history. That supposed word lost its true terrible meaning around the 60s,70s era. It's just a word that means black in spanish. Oh no.
RGHappyCamper, post: 111939, member: 17881 Wrote:another oversensitive girl.
Gotta love it. Listen, do people find it offensive to use the cracker slang for white people? If they don't than it is equally true that the term nigger should also be accepted as a slang term for black people regardless of history. That supposed word lost its true terrible meaning around the 60s,70s era. It's just a word that means black in spanish. Oh no.

It's funny you say this, because there is no history behind the term "cracker" besides the edible food. It's only referenced to Caucasians because of the color (?). But when you actually typed out the derogatory term used for African Americans, it's not the slang term used in today's world. "That supposed word" still retains its true meaning and you really did not have to type it here. What we were referring to earlier in this thread was the slang 5 word letter, not this. Also, that specific word does NOT mean black in spanish.
He's referencing the term though. There isn't anything offensive about the term in that context. Otherwise we should mail Wikipedia to delete the following page as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger . And a bunch of movies and music while we're at it.

Also, what about the term 'faggot'. Gay people have been discriminated for years (so there's a history involved). People don't usually shit their pants when they hear that word.

Racial slurs are forbidden on the servers though (which I agree with), so you can just report the people who use it on the forum.
George Of The Jungle, post: 111943, member: 3094 Wrote:He's referencing the term though. There isn't anything offensive about the term in that context. Otherwise we should mail Wikipedia to delete the following page as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger . And a bunch of movies and music while we're at it.

Also, what about the term 'faggot'. Gay people have been discriminated for years (so there's a history involved). People don't usually shit their pants when they hear that world.

Racial slurs are forbidden on the servers though (which I agree with), so you can just report the people who use it on the forum.

I'll use an example for this one.

When you hear people calling someone the n word(the real term), it's clear there's intent to insult somebody. You don't just call someone the n word for fun, because there's no real alternative to the meaning. However, when you hear someone call another a f*****, you're not necessarily implying that the person is a homosexual. As Louis C.K the comedian said, "I didn't call someone a f***** for being gay. I called them a f***** because.. well, he's a f*****."

The word used to insult homosexuals did not originate from anything related to them until it was later agreed upon that it best suited them because of the fact that so many of them were burned on a stake for their personal preferences. <--- (There's some history behind this one).
^ This word has so many differing meanings to it that it's wrong for you or anybody to say that it's only meant to be used for homosexuals.
"A fag is a cigarette, mate."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5