(wL) Forums

Full Version: Tips for new players.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First off, i aint an ex-invite, but i did many seasons of competitive CS:S, on esea, cevo, eco, twl, xpl (Open to Main). So here are some tips for new players who wants to improve a bit.

Basic communication and teamwork :

Always call your spot on ct side from the get go, first arrived first served policy when nobody called their spots, if everyone but you called their spots, you are playing the empty spot left.

If you want to switch spots during the match, always call it (if for a good spawn) or ask prior to do so.

If you flash with teamates near you, always call flash prior, if you smoke do the same, in case they think its a flash, if you want to prenade a spot on any side, ask in spawn prior to buy, because teamates in pugs do not have a strict money management.

When you are close to teamates, give them some space to move around to prevent blocking, but that doesnt mean to bait them 100 meters away.

Follow strategies that your team (pug) agreed to do, if they want to rush b in de_season, do not go under a without bomb to lurk for frags on a save round . You can propose changes or new strats too, but lurking around the map far from team is a receipe for defeat, except if you know what you are doing (in that case you wouldnt be reading this right now).

Please have a mic, its not an obligation, but it helps so much for calls ! And when you make calls, say 1 2 3 4 5 or bomb is there, not its B or A, because without a bomb seen, it can be a fake. And say it max 2 times, spamming mic when other people are playing won't help them.

Generally, ct's need to be passive until bomb is planted, and t's need to be aggressive until bomb is planted, roles are reversed then. But sometimes its useful to be passive on t side if cts are aggressive and vice-versa, or simply to surprise the enemy with a good spawn or a good lurk for rotates.

Do not failbhop in spawn, or be afk with good spawn, or fail run, your gonna block every1, which gonna costs seconds that are crucial in pushes to get in before presmokes and preflash.

If you see teamates without guns drop em something, its good for morale, they get better chances of killing stuff, and you get a better chance for a good RWS. That being said, if som1 wants to deag only (me), do not drop them anything, cause they will be aggressive, if they die other teams get no rifle to work with.

Guns :

You see that cute gun list ? Well, nearly half those guns are useless in a pug/scrim/match, do not use em except if you wanna troll or if people facing you are low rws.

Useless/wasteful guns : 5-7, tmp, mac10, ump, shotgun, auto-shotgun, aug, krieg, both auto snipes, m249.

5-7 isnt a bad gun, but usp does the same job and is the basic gun for cts, deagle is far superior to the 5-7, same for the p228.

tmp/mac10 : imprecise, same caliber then pistols that cost less, weak mid and long range even compared to pistols.

ump45 : worse then a glock. Complete waste of money, because of slow rate of fire

shotgun/auto shotty : extremely good at short range and thats it, not very efficient mid range and useless at long range, damage is related to spread, waste of money when you consider that deagle costs 650$, shotty 1700$ and auto shotty 3000$.

aug/krieg : like the 5-7 they arent bad guns, but m4a1, famas, ak47, costs way less for the same or better results.

auto snipes : aren't bad guns in any way, but awp costs less then t auto snipes and ct auto snipe is much weaker. A great deal of money to trigger your opponents to frag you down even more.

m249 : this gun costs the most in all of em (5750$), yes there is 100 bullets to spray, but its highly imprecise except at short range when you do so, its a m4a1 with a big clip without a silencer. Even a galil/famas would be a better buy at 2000$/2250$.

How and when to use the other guns :

Usp/glock : basic guns for each side, should be used as a main weapon only in first round (or in save rounds for ct's), some old school players likes to buy a usp on t side first round, which can be a strat same goes for buying p228. But money would be better spent on armor/defuse/nades, in my opinion.

p228 : if you slow spam its great, and if you fast spam it goes auto-hs every 3 or 4 bullets, some buy it round 1, which is useless if you are a ct, since you already got an usp. Still a decent secondary weapon for after round 1, but not an almost obligatory buy like the deagle is.

Deagle : please, never buy deagle round 1, its great in ecos, its great if you armor up and got good reflexes, you can take down 5 enemies if your aim is good enough in 1 clip, only spam if there is max 2 enemies in front at mid/short range. My personal strat with it, is to get guns from the enemy by playing deag/armor only a couple rounds, if it works it saves me money for my teamates and myself. At 650$, its the most cost effective gun in the game. You can also run and shot easily with it, drop shot, ladder shots and do amazing flicks if you practice enough.

Dualies : Try not to buy em in round 1, if you play vs good players its a trap, buy em for 2nd or 3rd round if you win round 1 on t side, it is a better version of an mp5 in every aspect (more precise, 1 taps, hits more, etc.) and cost less. If you are a ct and killed someone with duals in round 1, pick em up, it gonna save you money from an mp5 which cost 1500$. If you are used to it, you can even try to play 4th round with it, if you succeed you got a shit ton of money saved and you played with the enemy team heads.

mp5 : Only useful for ct side (on 2nd round only), since t's got dualies, its way more accurate then the tmp for a bit more money. Never buy one outside of 2nd round.

p90 : this gun is cancer, i mean, its over powered like none, barely even need to aim, if you do its an m4a1 which you can run and shot with it. Aim for chest, the guy is dead in 0,5 sec no hs, you can prefire way more then with rifles since it got 50 bullets. But try not using em vs good players, you're gonna make em rage and out to get your ass, every round for using p90.

galil/famas : a great way to save money, for cts, and both guns are great for 2nd round buy, do not upgrade for 4th round, it gonna save you a ton of money if your team wins the round. Famas is great since it cost way less then the m4a1 and a bit less then a p90, do not use burst fire, try to spam 2-3 shots at a time, and if there is a surprise push you can always spray down with it. After 4th round never buy galil again, but famas is still an option

m4a1 : since it costs 3100$, i like buying 2nd round a famas or a p90, so i can stack up money for m4a1/awp buy in the future rounds. Always put on the silencer, its great to tap or spray down, but always try to get the head, since it doesnt do much damage with chest shots.

ak47 : great 1 tapper, cost 2500$, best rifle. Never ever buy it on 2nd round, if you die and a ct with armor gets it, your team gonna hate your guts, if your team planted on round 1 and 2, you can force it and try getting the 3rd with ak's.

awp : 1 shot killing machine, please let good players buy it or use it, do not over buy awps if you cant frag with it, it gonna be a huge handicap for your team if you do so, max 2 awps same time, cause it gonna be hard to take sites without rifles to entry.

Why do i exclude deagle and dualies from first rounds ? Deagle because you wont have enough for a nade/flash/defuse and if you die, you give an enemy the possibility to have a deagle + armor/nades on round 1 which is great for clutches, and its useless to buy a deagle ct side, since you got a usp which is a great 1 tapper without helmet. And dualies, because if you die you are giving a better version of an mp5 to the enemy team + armor/nades = great for aces/clutches. Some people like to drop dualies to a person with armor round 1, but you'd make a player almost useless by doing so, + only 3 players will have nades if they buy nades.

Outside of round 1 : always buy armor, except for save rounds. Helmet isn't an auto need buy for cts (after round 4), its a good way to save bits of money to compensate for the high cost of awp and m4a1, since t's gonna use deag, ak47, awp which are all 1 tap weapons even with helmet. But t's should try to always buy 1, since the m4a1 isnt a 1 tapper with helmet on, which can save your ass 1-5 times a pug.

Nightvisions : useful to troll

Basic strats for pugs (nothing fancy) :

1-2-2, 2-2-1, 2-1-2 for t side, its player dispositions for main spots to work picks, if someone gets a pick, there is a hole in the ct setup, which now your team can use. If there is good spawn for a fast attack do it.

4-1(bomb) everyone knows that 1, 4 fakes a rush 1 site, since some noobs will call its b or a, people gonna rotate without bomb being seen, your gonna have site clear, most of the time for bomb to plant other side of the map, do not do that vs good players, because they know.

3-2(bomb) same strat but going safe, with having someone with bomb.

1-4(bomb) : the 1 throw stuff in 1 site, his flashes, he grenade, smokes and try to rambo, as soon he dies or kill people, the 4 others starts walking up/rushing the other side.

4 (bomb) - 1 have 1 guy lurking next to other site, when your 4 teamates work/rush 1 site, most ct's gonna try to rotate by pushing the other site, which will get them killed by the lurker waiting for them, from there your teamates can rotate or the lurker can.

Spawn related strats : in maps like de_inferno, or nuke, or de_contra, or de_dust2 ... in every map. There is spawns each side that you got to use at your advantage, some player can bhop like a god to make those spawns over powered, but generally it gonna give you 1-2 sec of advance over your other side counter part. But at the same time, do not make it 2 obvious cause ct's can know when you got good spawn if they are experimented.

Smokes and Flashes:

If you cant frag become the nade guy, every1 gonna love playing with you :

dust2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5G_zAXs_Ic
inferno : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhFi6a1DBqU&t=668s
tuscan : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ql5a2ruc4&t=1061s
season : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK-o8nW5nmw
nuke : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSmpoenHJeU
train : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3E5hmkRZMo
contra : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H7S3PGKnDU
im pretty sure you can find the rest yourself on youtube !

Entry fragging is also important and strategic, if you're not the fragger of your team, nor the clutcher on t side, push first, its not for other people to bait you, its strategic.

If you die, they didnt lose the fragger or the clutcher, so round is still doable.
If you kill someone and die, they can trade kill the guy who killed you and take site.
If you kill every1 on site, you effectively won the round, by taking a site without risking major assets.

But if you do not do it and bait, your gonna always end up being last alive and cant clutch, making your team effectively losing by your fault.

Tip for free RWS : be the bomb carrier/planter and or defuse a lot of bombs.

My teamate for the tournament, 250, clutches a lot or kill the last 1 alive a lot, he gets a lot of bomb because of that :

RWS : (15,67) FRAGS : (62)  ASSISTS : (10)  DEATH : (57) KDR : (1.09) AC% : (17,53)  HS% : (11,47)  ADR : (70,3) FPR : (0,6)   CLUTCHES :1 1vs1, 1 1vs2

With barely 70 adr, he hits 15,67 RWS. Why ? Bombs and clutches.

Positions on ct side :

Most maps were made with competitive in mind, on every map, on every site, there is at least 3-10 different spots to play, look carefully, watch what pros did on youtube or ask questions to good players while in pregame. Look on google, i bet there is 10s of old forum who talked about all the spot ever used.

Some maps only need 2 cts on 1 site at the beginning of the round in case the t's make pushes (A site de_inferno, B site de_dust2, ramp de_nuke), some maps like russka or nuke have an extra fast rotator who can switch spots every single round to fuck with the other team minds.

What spot you are playing can determine also what guns you should be using, if you are boiler in de_inferno, having an awp is almost suicidal, like trying to play mid d2 with a deagle or playing outside on nuke with an mp5.

Maps

Maps like it or not, are sided, this isnt an extra precise information, tried to find it on google, but there is csgo everywhere ! So using my old esea memories, but keep in mind that league play and pug play are way different. On (wL) part is from Bison with the official stats.

de_contra : 9-6 / on (wL) : 6.5 - 8.5
de_season : 9-6 / on (wL) : 6.5 - 8.5
de_dust2 : 8-7 / on (wL) : 7.0 - 8.0
de_cache : 6-9 / on (wL) : 7,5 - 7.5
de_tuscan : 6-9 / on (wL) : 7,5 - 7.5
de_cpl_strike : 5-10 / on (wL) : 7,5 - 7.5
de_inferno : 5-10 / on (wL) : 8 - 7
de_nuke : 5-10 / on (wL) : 8,5 - 6.5
de_russka : 5-10 / on (wL) : 8,0 - 7
de_train : 5-10 / on (wL) : 8 - 7

My little nerd opinion about it : ct side is a lot weaker in pugs then league, for obvious reasons (no practice, no teamwork, no setup), explaining why ct-sided maps in league are ties in pugs, but t-side maps are still t sided in pugs.

Little extra :

An optimal crosshair, is a crosshair which isnt 2 big for good long range aim, but not too small so you dont lose it when someone is close range. It needs to be a color you can see easily on any map, like pink or fluo green. Dynamic crosshair should be off, dot or no dot is your preference. It should not be too thick too.

Finally, get auto pick up off, thx me later . And always buy a kit on ct side outside of round 1 !
I would also recommend to have a sensitivity that suits you and keeping it consistent. You want something that allows you to move you crosshair with a persons head as he run away slowly, but not so slow that you can't turn around if someone flanks you. Try not to change your sensitivity at all if possible to keep aim as consistent as possible because it helps majorly when flicking the mouse to an enemy. If you are to fast you have less of a chance to be accurate and over flick the enemy.
Recommended cfg by (wL) : http://war-lords.net/netcode_css.cfg download into /cstrike/cfg
Add to autoexec.cfg: exec netcode_css.cfg
Alternatively, rename netcode_css.cfg to autoexec.cfg
(Dec 14 2016, 09:13 PM)Ben- Wrote: [ -> ]250 with barely 70 adr, he hits 15,67 RWS. Why ? Bombs and clutches.
The numbers are a bit inflated, but there's a bigger problem with your statement. Let me fix it for you.

(Dec 14 2016, 09:13 PM)Ben- Wrote: [ -> ]250 with barely 50 adr, he hits 15,67 RWS. Why ? He baits his teammates for bomb plants and defuses.
20+ plants/defuses in 4 matches. That's like 6-8 RWS per match in plants/defuses alone!  Tongue
Fastest way to farm rws: Awp headshots every round.
(Dec 15 2016, 12:47 AM)Angel Wrote: [ -> ]Fastest way to farm rws: Awp headshots every round.

Nope, max hp is 100 even if you damage them 999.
Lets move the discussion here.

Well since we moved away from admin abuse to actually getting better, here's a guide I used a really long time ago when I was still roaming the streets of cs_office. I had two people I looked up to, one of them was `Saur who was really active in a CSS community a long time ago but it died.

Unlike you, he got banned for being too good (he was unbanned) and he created a guide to help other players.

Here it is, a cached version.

--------------------------------------------------

In light of my current ban, and with time to burn, I've taken it upon myself to finally get around to typing up this shooting guide I'd been planning on for some time. It has been created at the request of a handful of regulars from the WiH community. Some of whom I've already offered a few suggestions, and with noticable improvement.

Therefore, I now offer the community these simple principles to follow to keep you and your buddies alive in the (very) hostile world of Counter-Strike: Source.

This is kinda lengthy, so you may not want to read it in one sitting. Instead, take it a step at a time.

Here I've broken it down into the 3 core sections that I feel are relevant to better shooting.

1.) Hitboxes
2.) SAFE Shooting
3.) Training
+ notes

And so we begin...

-----------------
HITBOXES
-----------------

First and foremost, if you're going to start shooting accurately, you must make sure your hitboxes are in good alignment. This requires tweaking a few client-side command variables (cvars) to optimize your computers networking abilities. These are the 7 Core Cvars I feel are necessary for more accurate shooting:

rate
cl_rate
cl_cmdrate
cl_updaterate
cl_interp/cl_interpolate
cl_smooth

If you want a more detailed explanation of these cvars, you can check here: 
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...hreadid=272677

For now, I'll simply offer my suggested values for these cvars. I assume the vast majority of you are on broadband, therefore, I'll provide values for broadband only. If you require further assistance, feel free to PM me.

I recommend:

rate 18000
cl_rate 18000
cl_cmdrate 85
cl_updaterate 64
 //(wih's max allowed updaterate)
cl_interp 0
 //(or .015625 [from 1/cl_updaterate])
cl_interpolate 1
 //(1 = use cl_interp, 0 = don't use cl_interp. Turn to 0 if having severe hitbox issues)
cl_smooth 0

I went ahead and commented the comments out in case any of you decided to go ahead and C&P this to a .cfg. I suggest you put it in your autoexec.cfg. If you don't have one, make one via Notepad. Also, you'll wanna put the autoexec.cfg into your 
yournamehere/counter-strikesource/cstrike/cfg dir. If you name it "autoexec.cfg" it'll automatically apply the settings for you when you start CS:S, otherwise you'll have to type them into console manually every time you start CS:S.

You may have to experiment with the values a bit, but if you decide to, please read about their properties first at the link I provided above before you make any drastic chances. And to dispel a current myth, a cl_cmdrate of 5, 1, 0, or any low number like that isn't adviseable. While it does mask your ping and allow you to play on servers w/ ping limits, it hinders your performance as a player by limiting client-server communication. You can test this yourself by lowering your cmdrate and turning cl_interpolate to 0.

Now on to the juicy bits....

-----------------
SAFE Shooting
-----------------

This is my original acronym to good shooting in fps games. It works. I know, because I follow it to the letter. If it didn't, I wouldn't be as good as I am as a shooter (though I have a much longer road to quality shooting than many of you may believe).

In the beginning, it stood for Stop, Aim, Fire, Evade. It's a good message, but not quite what I was looking for. Sure, it's simple, and powerful, but the connotations weren't quite what I wanted. Anyway, I was reading one of Marcinko's books when I came upon one of his many one-liners and it stuck with me. As an adaptation for CS:S, it became:

Sight, Acquire, Fire, Evade

Now it has everything I could have wanted it to have. Allow me to break it down and explain it more thoroughly.

1.) Sight: You can't hit what you can't see, as the saying goes. This is why flashbangs, when properly utilized, are devastating tools of war. If used in a singular sense, sight merely means seeing, but, to take it a step further, it can also be used to mean mental perception, or awareness. Both definitions apply because you must be able to perceive the location of the enemy. I believe this to be the most important aspect of SAFE shooting.

In order to improve your "sight" you must develop situational awareness. Let's take a look at how the military defines SA.

According to the Navy, "
Situational Awareness refers to the degree of accuracy by which one's perception of his current environment mirrors reality." I couldn't have said it better myself. Lol, though I must warn you... a developed SA will get you plenty of wallhax accusations. Many folks across many forums have remarked on my ability to find the "last man". I blame SA because it's SAFE. Situational Awareness Finds Enemies.

So, in order to have a strong SA, you've got to depend on your perception of actual reality -- of what you think is happening and what IS happening regardless of what you think.

Your perception (or Sight) therefore must come from not only your eyes, but by everything made available to you. Sight, sound, Radar, an AK shot, death of a team mate from the corner of your screen to the blip that just disappeared from your radar, where your team mates are positioned on your radar, and the areas you suspect are occupied. All this is information.

It's only fitting that we live in the Information Age. Business is capitalizing on it, the military is, our everday lives are affected by it one way or another. So it's only natural to employ the skills we have in reading information and applying it to our advantage in this game. It sounds complex, but it's not.

It's simple, and that's what makes it SAFE.

Pay attention to your environment. Know what the fux, who the fux, when the fux, how the fux, where the fux, and most of all, why the fux. You've got a HUD, CS:S has sounds, you know the maps, you know the camping hot spots, you know the Regulars and their favorite spots, you know so act off of what you know. Check those hot spots, watch for rushes, know when the enemy is afraid to come forward.

The way you use your information should be free of bias, but anchored with intelligent anticipation. That is the way to develop SA. That is the way of perception. That is the way of Sight.

2.) Acquire: Now that you know how to find your enemy, you must now know how to acquire him as a target. Acquiring your target means more than simply putting him in your crosshairs, although that's the key concept behind it. It's the step before actually fragging your opponent. The calm before the storm, the focus before the action. You literally prepare your opponent to be destroyed.

The most undesireable position is to be aiming at your opponent while he's trying to aim at you. A square up toe-to-toe match up. This is simply a test of aiming ability, a skill easily enough developed (over time, that is Tongue) and I will go over that later on in this guide.

The BEST position is to be aiming at your opponent from his flank or back, catching him unaware. Sweeping away all his skill and techical know-how, dropping him in one fell shot, and moving on.

You do this primarily by timing. In order to have good timing, you'll have to know the map well, the "spawns" well, and the popular movements of both teams. Knowing the maps is default, basic stuff, knowing the spawns means knowing exactly where you are when you spawn at your spawn, and, if from that position, you can beat your opponents to another position.

A good example of this is on Office. When as a T, you spawn between the front double doors, you can easily rush to the office area before the CTs and set up your ambush there.

But it doesn't necessarily have to be an out-right surprise flanking maneuver. You also have the option of engaging the enemy directly, being careful to stay out of his crosshairs. Again, on Office, an excellent position for this is the Bathroom at the end of Long Hall. you can successfully guard both the Short Hall leading to Office or the Sniper Hall from the Stairs. (If you're skilled, you can even watch Garage forces, but if not, your team should be able to hold that easily enough).

The cabinets are what provide you the cover you need for the advantage. They guard you from snipers, and remove a firing angle from your opposition. You, however, can shoot them as they enter from the stairs, or as they move into position to assault the Long Hall. Most of the time, you can catch them off guard this way.

You acquire your target by disrupting his timing and using your own to your advantage. Just when they think its clear to come Sniper Hall, you throw a few rounds at'em and rush back to Short Hall as their grenades go off in Bathroom. But you don't stop, because as you round the corner, there's a couple in Short Hall either aiming for you or for Long Hall. You take them out as well, and quickly move back in position. You do this back 'n forth until A.) They're all dead, B.) You're overwhelmed and must retreat or C.) one hall clears.

C is your objective. Say Sniper hall is clear, you move behind the cabinets, flash the stairway (in case of stragglers) then move to the hall junctioning the two and flank the Short Hall force. Vice versa. (There's a tidbit for Jeff who wanted some Office ideas Tongue)

Now that's simply a tactic for holding Office as a T, but it applies to SAFE. SAFE is tactics. Everything in SAFE is interconnected and blends in with each other. But the concepts you should remember are upsetting your opponents rhythm, whether by harassment, surprise, threat 'n danger (as in 'oh fux i have a glock and he has an awp :O') and developing your own rhythm (such as the spawn example).

You can develop your own rhythm in all instances, whether spawn rushing, weapon combos, routes, camp spots, etc. But remember to keep your rhythm fluid and changing, and not stagnant and predictable. Most of all, don't allow your opponent to disrupt you. 
Take comfort in your abilities and know that the opponents you face have nothing to do with whether or not you can take them down.

3.) Fire Ahh, yes. The destruction of opposition. My personal favorite among the SAFE methods -- and it just makes sense. The SAFEst way to keep yourself safe is to eliminate the threats against you. And in CS:S, you can't negotiate the threat away. Oh, heaven's no. You blast it away.

But Firing in CS:S can be a little different than in other games. Again, I'll digress a moment to remind you that my former acronym was Stop, Aim, Fire, Evade. I chose "Stop" because I felt it was integral to not move while you took your shots. But then the aforementioned realization came to me that it's not always the case. There have been many times where I've had to keep moving and shooting, tactically of course, to defeat my opponents. As any of you popular rushers would know, it's and integral feature to SMGs. And lately, I've been experimenting with running shots with the deagle and have had marked success.

But to serve the purposes of better shooting, and as a tribute to one of my favorite weapons, I'll say this about the AK-47. You want to do a 2 round burst MAX at medium to longer ranges ranges. The first shot is extraordinarly accurate, and the second shot is usually the killer. Sometimes it takes up to 4 hits to kill with the ak. That's only 2 bursts.

Be wary even at closer ranges. A fully automatic AK is horribly inaccurate. 5 round bursts... very. 3-4 maybe. And don't jump with the thing for crying out loud. :T

Fire, strafe left, fire, strafe right, fire. 6 shots, more than enough to kill anything that moves. Simple. Powerful. That's why I like the AK. It's SAFE to use.

4.) Evade: Also, in order to survive in CS:S, there will be times when you and your team are overwhelmed, outgunned, and outnumbered. But it's possible that you can not only survive the situation, but thrive on it, and become better for it. I can attest to this personally because I've single-handedly decimated 9, 10, 11, and even 12 players flying solo. Against a well organized team, it's almost hopeless, but since for the vast majority of the time you'll be playing in pubs, hopefully you'll be able to play off their inherent lack of communication.

Always try to use as much cover as possible, or at least unique areas that are unexpected by the opposition. When you fire your shots, move. When they fire at you, move. When you know they're gonna rush, move and get in position to mow'em down. Always keep moving, pausing only to destroy your enemy (ambushes/aiming/firing/etc), whether by walking or running. And 
don't forget to use the sound you make to your advantage. Just like Snake in Metal Gear, lure your opponents to their doom by running or firing a shot, or reloading or something. When strong, appear weak as Sun Tzu says.

When you're being over run, dance circles by running all the way around them (something unexpected) instead of "away" from them. Or when rounding a corner, immediately stop, crouch, hug the wall, and shoot'em as they rush around it expecting you to be long down the hall. Evading isn't hiding. It's repositioning yourself to gain tactical advantage and then taking the initiative.

Finally, that concludes SAFE shooting. I hope it wasn't too much of a disappointment, some of the principles may seem barren or obvious, but really they're overlooked and underappreciated.

I know that was a lot, but to recap:

Sight

- Situational Awareness
- Check camping hotspots intelligently
- Watch Radar
- Listen to Sound
- Pay attention to frag reports on screen
Acquire
- Timing, aiming, & breaking rhythm.
- Win by surprise.
Fire
- Fire intelligently by weapon or situation
- burst shooting for rifles
- up close 'n personal for SMGs/shotties.
Evade
- Keep moving
- Set up ambushes

-----------------
ON TRAINING
-----------------

I know some of you may have been disappointed by the lack of "something-to-do" with the above material, that's coming up shortly. But seriously, read the above if you haven't. It's good stuff. Most importantly, think that I've written this just for you. Don't try to memorize everything here as a guide to gameplay, because it's merely a guide. It can't cover all eventualities. Instead, believe that you've reached these methods yourself -- and improve on them. Don't imitate. You've got the know-how. Think about the concepts behind SAFE shooting and try to implement them into your CS:S gameplay.

Improving Aim (Getting those Headshots!)
Now that you've both aligned your hitboxes and familiarized yourself with the principles of SAFE shooting, you can begin training to improve your aim.

There are a few things you need to pay close attention to. They are: The first shot, reflex shooting, weapons, and recovery.

Below, I go into more detail... (tired yet? lol)

The First Shot...
For learning to make that first shot count, I recommend, no not sniping, though it's good, but the deagle. In essence, you're firing a first shot every time. You have to click and maintain aim every time. I suggest the deagle because it's powerful enough to carry you throughout the round and has the range you'd come to expect from using rifles. Other pistols just aren't strong enough (until you get hs good). You should be able to frag at least 3 people with the deagle per round.

Sometimes using a deagle to practice isn't practical. So try and select the rifle you wish to practice (because they are different). Again, work on acquiring your target first, THEN firing. Because, as Marcinko says, the Fire, Aim, Ready method is bullfeces... and, as I say, its FAR from accurate.

Developing Reflex Shooting...
Sometimes it's better to select the losing team to develop speed shooting, or reflex shooting, or twitch shooting, whatever it is you call it (you'll know you're developing it correctly when others call it aimbot Tongue) The reason for this is because losing adds a sense of urgency to each round, and the potential for danger is high. Threat response trains speed. The knowledge that you have to act faster and more accurate than your opponent demands your nerves to react faster. But in order to train reflex shooting, specifically for headshots, you've got to first practice headshots.

For headshots, select the FAMAS and set it to 3 round burst. This is a natural skull buster if I ever saw. Don't let it's short ammo clip get you killed, it's an 8 shooter.

This is where ASMS comes into play, from the Patriot, Aim Small, Miss Small. Aim for their head, and don't miss. If you have a deagle or famas, there's little room for error. A mistake will cost you your round. But in practice, you shouldn't let this get you frustrated. Instead, when your time comes and you must spectate the rest of the round out, reflect on what you did and what happened.

Actively try to aim for the head. Force yourself to move the cursor onto your opponents face and THEN fire. At first, you'll be as slow as molasses in december. But gradually, you'll get faster and faster. It'll be hard at first. Everything's hard at first. But you WILL get better because you're training your nervous system not just to act 'n react, but to interact and respond under pressure

Weapons...
In order to develop accurate aiming, you'll have to familiarize yourself with the variety of weapons CS:S has to offer. I don't advise randomly selecting any weapon, or a weapon you don't normally use. Instead, do it in a planned, methodical manner so that you can measure your success.

I advise that you choose a set of Core Weapons and incorporate them as your main arsenal. Train in them and only them. For example, master the Glock and USP since they are the default weapons at the beginning of any map. Or perhaps the Deagle.

Also, do weapon combos. Work M4A1/USP action or /deagle. AK/Glock. Get used to switching between weapons in combat, and get used to dropping dry weapons for others scattered around you. This has saved me a number of times.

It's faster to switch to your pistol, or to drop and pick up another weapon than to reload. Investigate this for yourself thoroughly Tongue

Recovery...
Training for better shooting is just like training anything else. You need to give yourself a break from time to time. Most of you can do this easily enough because you have your lives to attend too. When training you'll have to do it rigorously to shock your nervous system into action, but you MUST stop before fatigue. And yes, you can get fatigued playing CS. You can tell when you are getting fatigued when you're not doing nearly as well. When you're getting caught off-guard, having no "luck" or just plain sucking. You'd do more benefit in developing skill by stopping and taking a break than by continuing gameplay.

In fact, every so often, put CS or any of your games off for a week. Yes, a whole week. That'll give your CNS plenty of time to develop the neural networks it needs to produce the results you desire. It's not psycho mumbo jumbo. It's physical fact. When you get back, you'll actually be better.

Conclusion...
As the saying goes, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. And you can only proceed step by step. So don't rush it. Don't try to run when you're learning to walk. Think. Put to practices these tenets today and leave behind the poorly skilled tomorrow and over come the skilled later. When you begin to unconciously take shots accurately, even headshots, in surprise or what not, you will know you're closer to mastering reflex shooting. Remember, until you've internalized these techniques, and until you've investigated them for yourself, you won't get any better.

For now, that's enough. I'll let you chew on that for a little while before I move on to tactics & strategy. It's almost 8 and I've got dinner at the Red Lobster and a movie planned for the evening Big Grin

GL & HF

<3 Saur
(Dec 14 2016, 09:39 PM)Juniorc4 Wrote: [ -> ]I would also recommend to have a sensitivity that suits you and keeping it consistent. You want something that allows you to move you crosshair with a persons head as he run away slowly, but not so slow that you can't turn around if someone flanks you. Try not to change your sensitivity at all if possible to keep aim as consistent as possible because it helps majorly when flicking the mouse to an enemy. If you are to fast you have less of a chance to be accurate and over flick the enemy.

Hey
My sensitivity is around 3.8 with a 1200 DPI its good for spray but difficult to use awp.
I  usually change my in game sensitivity before using AWP.

any other approach/suggestions from you ??
If you have nothing useful to contribute, don't post.

If you want to flame players, do it in the right board.
(Dec 15 2016, 05:00 AM)Riser Wrote: [ -> ]If you have nothing useful to contribute, don't post.

If you want to flame players, do it in the right board.

Well to be clear i wasn't flaming anyone

I thought this thread is to help  new players like me

So just asked a question
Pages: 1 2 3