(wL) Forums

Full Version: i5 upgrade..so worth it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i recently upgraded to a i5 6500, 16gb of ram, and a 1tb hdd.

i re-used my gtx 970 sc..and i have to tell you guys. the difference is night and day. if anybody was debating amd vs intel. i will recommend intel going forward. even though the processors are ABOUT the same speed, just differently threaded, this i5 is so much smoother.

btw..i duno how i feel about win10. it's not as bad as i made myself think it was.
(Jan 31 2017, 05:50 AM)_nme Wrote: [ -> ]so i recently upgraded to a i5 6500, 16gb of ram, and a 1tb hdd.

i re-used my gtx 970 sc..and i have to tell you guys. the difference is night and day. if anybody was debating amd vs intel. i will recommend intel going forward. even though the processors are ABOUT the same speed, just differently threaded, this i5 is so much smoother.

btw..i duno how i feel about win10. it's not as bad as i made myself think it was.

Yeah i5 is pretty good i have it, i will always stick with win7 though because im most familiar with it
i wish i could figure out how to load windows 7 on this setup. i mounted my win7 iso to a bootable usb. keeps asking me for drivers whenever i try to install. i put the cd in and nothing happens.

win10 was my only alternative because it has the drivers preloaded in the OS.. with amd i never had that problem
(Jan 31 2017, 05:54 PM)_nme Wrote: [ -> ]i wish i could figure out how to load windows 7 on this setup. i mounted my win7 iso to a bootable usb. keeps asking me for drivers whenever i try to install. i put the cd in and nothing happens.

win10 was my only alternative because it has the drivers preloaded in the OS.. with amd i never had that problem

o_O i actually had the same problem when i put my win7 cd in actually nothing happened either somehow got it working though