(wL) Forums

Full Version: A message to all that enjoy playing on War-Lords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello boys and girls. I think most of the regulars on here know me pretty well by now. I've been part of this community for 3 years running and couldn't be more grateful to have a chance playing my favorite FPS game semi-competitively. Before I had found wL pugs, I had pretty much given up on playing CSS after ESEA stopped supporting PUGs for it. I tried playing CSGO and it just wasn't my cup of tea. I think I stopped playing CSS for about 3 years, until I had an injury and stayed home for about 3 weeks with nothing to do, and decided to go play some Dust 2 pubs. It was during that time when i was begging some random pub-stars to get a 5v5/10 man going or something of the like, when a certain player named "chet" pointed me to the direction of wL (good old chet, i think a lot of people on here will know him and his supreme cocaine habit).

So the point I'm trying to make here is, we really have a good thing going here, and it's all thanks to Mr. Brawl Bashin' Bison himself and his support staff. Let's all take a moment to realize that none of this would be possible if Bison had not taken the time of out his day to spend countless hours on coding and coming up with the idea that is now War-Lords. I am genuinely thankful that he had the motivation and the know-how to come up with all of this, and the staggering fact that he did not do it for personal gain, but as a tool for the CSS community to not completely die out.

What prompted me to make this thread, was one of my good friends and wL regular who shall not be named, that was complaining of his high RWS and how long it takes for him to get into a pug when there are other subs. This is where I suggested that he donate at least $5 a month to get donator status and sub priority, to which he answered that he does not donate money to video games. This opened up a pandora's box in my mind to which I came to the realization of how much of his own time and money Bison had spent to make this community a reality, which we take for granted. Let's be real here, if wL did not exist most of us would not be playing this game.

This is why I posted this thread to make sure everybody knows, and a reminder to some, that this community was not made for personal gain, and the only thing that supports it are your donations. I myself very much enjoy playing on here, and would like to make sure that it stays around forever. So please guys, whoever has the means, please don't forget to donate some money to make sure that the guys have the financial support that they need and deserve to keep things moving forward.

Before anybody even asks, Bison, Riser nor any of the roots asked me to make this thread. I am making this of my own accord to make sure that everybody is aware of how things are run. $5 a month is not much money, shit it's a Big Mac meal at McDonald's which you fatasses probably eat 4 of per day, but it will go a along away to make sure this community stays alive.

SO GUYS PLEASE! LET'S DONATE SOME MONEY AND SUPPORT THE GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN SAVING YOUR ASSES FROM BOREDOM FOR OVER 10 YEARS TO MAKE SURE THEY KEEP ON DOING WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

EDIT: I think I failed to mention how important Riser is to this community as well, so I want the point to be made that I'm very grateful for his work as well. 

Even though I have been active for 3 years, that is not much compared to how long this community has been around. I'm sure there were other people as well who helped to make this community, i'm sorry I do not know their names or roles as they have most likely retired already, but would like to thank them as well.
Yeah thx to Bison, Riser, the other roots, the oldies, for everything !

I wouldnt be even playing source if (wL) wasn't around.

I'll try supporting you guys the best i can Smile
I think you also got to understand that you can't force everyone to give money. This is why it's called "DONATION"

Anyways I've liked your speech but I don't spend that much money on to video games either.
(Mar 22 2017, 10:25 AM)Sibrox Wrote: [ -> ]I think you also got to understand that you can't force everyone to give money. This is why it's called "DONATION"

Anyways I've liked your speech but I don't spend that much money on to video games either.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was trying to force anyone to do anything. If you read carefully I state "whoever has the means". 
I clearly understand some people can't afford to give away money at all as they are on a budget, or too young to have finances of their own.
5$ donation if i can ban you bison Smile
(Mar 22 2017, 04:45 PM)vivixxcore Wrote: [ -> ]5$ donation if i can ban you bison Smile

I would donate to Smile
$5 to hear bison communicating with mic in a pug.
This guy is a ninja!
(Mar 22 2017, 06:41 PM)Deadplanet Wrote: [ -> ]$5 to hear bison communicating with mic in a pug.
This guy is a ninja!

Bison would want $1000 for that.
I see donating to WL as something similar to tipping at restaurants or tipping the dealer when you win a hand. I have always been a firm believer in NOT tipping. I constantly go to restaurants and avoid tipping and I also don't tip my dealer when he deals me good hands. Despite my convictions to not tip, I will be donating soon enough to WL and specifically donating for the service of Bison and Riser. If it were for the community or game play alone, I can guarantee that I would not be donating.
(Mar 22 2017, 10:25 AM)Sibrox Wrote: [ -> ]I think you also got to understand that you can't force everyone to give money. This is why it's called "DONATION"

I think that the fact that one offhand comment from a friend made him think so much just goes to show that he cant take a differing opinion and needs others to validate his point of view in order to feel better about himself. Thats just deductions, but I wouldn't mind (In fact, I hope) hes not as i just described.
Pages: 1 2