(wL) Forums

Full Version: Sound Setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set the ingame speaker configuration to = Speaker 5.1 but it will defaultly changed to Headphones whenever I restart the game. Heres a picture about my sounds setting in the config. Is there anything that I need to change?
CS: Source doesn't have 5.1 setting, I know because my motherboard supports 7.1.

Unless you're talking about CS:GO?
(Dec 02 2017, 10:02 AM)Sibrox Wrote: [ -> ]CS: Source doesn't have 5.1 setting, I know because my motherboard supports 7.1.

Unless you're talking about CS:GO?

Im sure its CS:Source.
i use 7.1

[Image: Im6Ysg0.png?1]

do you have a speaker system that support 5.1?
(Dec 04 2017, 03:34 PM)Cassini Wrote: [ -> ]i use 7.1

[Image: Im6Ysg0.png?1]

do you have a speaker system that support 5.1?

Do I really need a speaker system that support 5.1? Because other games works ok.
No I am using 2.1 and it works just fine
--navigate to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\cfg

--open up config.cfg with notepad and look for windows_speaker_config

this thread says:

"windows_speaker_config 1 NOTES: Allowed values: -1 / 1 / 3 / 4 / 6 -1: Default (2 Speakers) 1: Headphones 3: 4 Speakers 4: 2 Speakers 6: 5.1 Surround"

--either modify the config.cfg file directly (copy and paste a version before you modify it just in case something gets screwed up) or make a new .cfg file in the \cstrike\cfg folder titled autoexec.cfg and add windows_speaker_config "x" x being the number you want as seen from above and save it.

--the commands in the autoexec.cfg folder will get sent to the game every time it is launched. this is preferred over messing with the config file, i believe.

--make sure when saving the file in notepad to file>save as>save as type:All Files and then add the .cfg to the end of the file name replacing .txt. make sure you don't end up with autoexec.cfg.txt. that won't do anything for you.
Thank you very much! I really do appreciate the help.