(wL) Forums

Full Version: Download non-steam patch v62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All of us cheap people's csConfused withdrawls may be over, the notorious b00bs has delivered once again w/ a v62 patch for the setti version of non-steam csConfused. I have heard there may be problems, I am going to try it out right now. I will update this thread in a couple minutes and let you know if it works or not.

b00bs home thread/setti patch release progress:
http://css.setti.info/forum/topic/1380- ... team-setti

direct link to patch: CSSource.2010.OB.NoSteam.[Setti].Patch.v37[36.to.37].exe
http://www.mediafire.com/?zyveqehas55z926

If you do not currently have setti release v36, you may have to do a fresh install and then patch to v36, then apply the 36 to 37 patch.. as I do not see a v0 to v37 patch (this patch seems buggy, and this may be necessary even w/ a v36 version to version updated setti).

Update: unfortunately the patch is not working for me. It can't detect my v36 install despite being in the correct location on win7. Others have reported this problem also. You can try it, it works for some people. I'll keep my eye out for a fix. The patch has only been  out a couple hours.

Update Update: After freshly extracting and applying 0 - 36 patch, then the 36 - 37 patch took on win7. Now when connecting to war-lords.net servers I get steam validation rejected, which means we are just waiting on a server patch now.

Update Update Update: I just found a patched server and successfully connected, lets all yell at david/matt/anubis!

You may need:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5743408 : setti base install
http://www.mediafire.com/?9r6fge27gfp2ii4 : CSSource.2010.OB.NoSteam.[Setti].Patch.v36[0.to.36].exe

also: in game name changing is broken according to b00bs. Name changing now works only in rev.ini file, edit "PlayerName=css.setti.info"!
It works, but the nonsteam server patch is broken, so it won't work even if you updated.

naive Wrote:Update: unfortunately the patch is not working for me. It can't detect my v36 install despite being in the correct location on win7. Others have reported this problem also. You can try it, it works for some people. I'll keep my eye out for a fix. The patch has only been out a couple hours.

It might only work on a fresh install. Not sure though o.o

If your on vista or windows 7, you have to do a fresh install and then repatch for it to work.
I looked through the recent threads, and didn't see any of them had this data, which always ends up being the place to go for generally reliable patches. Likely over 70% of the non-steam people use setti's release yet few realize all the patches pretty much come from b00bs in this same thread that he updates then filter out into torrents. I don't like shifting through bullshit to find patches so everytime there is a new patch so I make a thread just like this one for others. Hopefully save someone some time from searching through an 8 page thread full of bullshit w/ 6 possilble update candidates.
i'm still waitin non steam patch to play css ???
Its already up. I assume you mean the server patch?
I just updated my css earlier
now i'm waitin the server patch fixing for non steam players xD
im not gonna reinstall till theres  server patch so ill just have to wait
I would imagine that once there is a more stable v37 patch, that it would be released as a v0 - v37 patch, and a single v36 - v37 patch. It's a bit trial and error at the moment, since most server updates were mentioned by Steam a few days before the server updates actually went through. Steam dropped the ball this time, and have been giving away TF2 to say sorry for not warning server owners that an update was imminent.

I had a few problems using the custom rev.ini that is provided by War Lords (the one that lets you change your clan name, rather than it being set to RevCrew/Setti), the error I got was "Invalid key length". After doing a fresh install, and patching again up to v37, I was able to connect to some updated servers. I'd also imagine that this would be fixed when a more stable client patch is released (unless I am just noobing out and doing something wrong, but I am going to put it down as a patch fail).

Thanks for keeping us updated. Several problems have already been addressed in this thread here
http://war-lords.net/cs-server-news/val ... e-(6232011)/
And I am sure that problems are going to continue to be posted there. I will be keeping an eye on that thread and just try and provide any sort of information that I can (because I have no life and spend a lot of time guessing).

I haven't tried LAN with this v37 server patch, I would be interested to know if that is working, or if that would require a more stable patch.
The latest setti css patch works on war-lords.net servers tested myself.  Wink
M. Bison Wrote:The latest setti css patch works on war-lords.net servers tested myself.  Wink
ur funny
Pages: 1 2