(wL) Forums

Full Version: Database error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok my friend was installing a mod and he said it installed wrong so he uninstalled it.  Everything was going fine but about 2 days later he kept getting this error and its has continued.

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay [1104]

SQL

SELECT a.forum_id, ug.user_id, g.group_id FROM (phpbb_acl_options o, phpbb_user_group ug, phpbb_groups g, phpbb_acl_groups a) LEFT JOIN phpbb_acl_roles_data r ON (a.auth_role_id = r.role_id) WHERE (o.auth_option_id = a.auth_option_id OR o.auth_option_id = r.auth_option_id) AND ((a.auth_setting = 0 AND r.auth_setting IS NULL) OR r.auth_setting = 0) AND a.group_id = ug.group_id AND g.group_id = ug.group_id AND NOT (ug.group_leader = 1 AND g.group_skip_auth = 1) AND ug.user_id IN (2, 73, 107, 185, 87, 93, 85, 60, 114, 143) AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND o.auth_option LIKE 'm\\_%'

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_admin.php
LINE: 2395
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_main.php
LINE: 344
CALL: cache_moderators()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_main->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

anyone know what this means and how to fix it
This is why you should have gotten webhosting instead of forum hosting, so you can fix it yourself Tongue You will have to ask smfnew to repair the database.
Its not smfnew my friend is through another host.  So that means he has to go through them?
Oh, whats the host?
The host is byethost.com
Does he have cPanel access?
He sayed it has cpanel access and php my admin
Ok, try this:

cPanel>MySQL Databases>Repair DB
He said it told him there weren't any errors.
I'm guessing when you installed the mod it modified the query to include some additional data. Unfortunately, there's no way (at least for me) to know what it changed because I don't know it was originally. I would suggest either finding the unmodified query in a fresh install or to put this line before the query: dbal_mysql->sql_query('SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1');
Pages: 1 2