(wL) Forums

Full Version: Subject: Retro Computer Nerds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many of you own old vintage computers or are interested in them. Obviously there are emulators out there now which can bring back old memories (If you're an old grandpa like me) or maybe you're just intrigued by the progression of computing in general.

I remember a game called ballblazer which basically was 3d split screen and involved stealing a circular object from the opposition and firing it into their goal before they could steal it back from you. A simple scoreboard with more npc's added eventually 1987 lucasfilm atari.

Care to share your growing up memories? what was your first comp's. 486/dx 66? pentium 300's? etc. who remembers blood, original duke nukem 3d, first quake.

I had an amiga 500, commodore 64c, atari 800xl, then went 386/sx and so on till now. ahhh the memories Big Grin

;D your comments r welcome  Tongue
Re: Too many chiefs not enough indians?

Umm what?

-MOVED-
dammit! i just realised this is meant to be in general chat not cs general chat. sorry! Sad
Atari, Colecovision, Commodore 64c, Commodore 128, Compaq SLT/286, Packard Smell (Bell) 486/25 Multimedia system, cost like $4500 at the time... >_<. After that Penitums came around and upgrades became very frequent, every 1-2 years.
I had a puppy...
awesome spiffy! hey remember the c64 game skate or die? the 6502 sid music? wasnt that awesome for it's time. i remember recording it to vcr and listening to it at school on my teac walkman hahahaha.
international karate plus 2 was awesome 2 as well as commando.

Jack tramiels masterpiece commodore although i loved my atari for some reason the titles just didn't have it over the c64. sprites etc. games seemed better.

loved my dot matrix printer tho. also long loading times miss that. was almost like every little thing to be acquired gave so much joy. i take it for granted these days.

Anonymous

This was my first pc game=) Heretic... I'm not so old probably.

[Image: heretic.png]
I dont remember wath was inside my desktop i only remember my first computers was windows 93 and my first game was solitarie!!
omg! man i remember heretic that was an awesome game. raven interplay made that i think from memory. i remember rise of the triads, descent etc dos extended memory area was old school as

Anonymous

Still remember cheat code to it "rambo" for all weapons, my friend in school wanted to sell it to me ahah, google wasn't so popular lol, but I found out without paying for it=)
Pages: 1 2