(wL) Forums

Full Version: could this be a threat to us?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok i keep hearing that The government is cracking down with all the big gaming companies on Cracked games/w@rez programs,could this be a threat to us?
You've completely failed to mention your sources. How am I to know if it's a threat to us when we don't even know what government you're talking about? There's hundreds of countries all with their own governments.  :-\
M. Bison Wrote:You've completely failed to mention your sources. How am I to know if it's a threat to us when we don't even know what government you're talking about? There's hundreds of countries all with their own governments.  :-\

195ish to be exact. :p
M. Bison Wrote:You've completely failed to mention your sources. How am I to know if it's a threat to us when we don't even know what government you're talking about? There's hundreds of countries all with their own governments.  :-\
Untied states. all i know is that one of my Family friends works with the Michigan government He they talking on a bill that was going to the Washington DC  to start a crack down of W@rez/cracked Promgrams/games.
That's only if you're counting governments which are universally accepted by NATO. There's many more but they are only recognized by a few states and governments.

Its this one Bison. Bill S.978, prevention of video recording or streaming over the internet in the US.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytigOSjJxc[/youtube]
EternalReaper Wrote:

Its this one Bison. Bill S.978, prevention of video recording or streaming over the internet in the US.

It has been "out of committee" for weeks, awaiting scheduling for a floor vote in the Senate.

It will have absolutely no effect on you if you're not "willfully infringing copyright" for "commercial advantage or private financial benefit", as it is currently written.  17 USC s 506(a)(1)(A).

In other words, if your use is "fair use" or otherwise exempt, it's not infringement at all and if you're not making any money on it then you're not liable for criminal sanctions, although you may have to prove the defense of "fair use" if you're sued in civil court for some copyright violation (which seems unlikely in the scenario you present).

Passage of S 978 is almost a certainty, as long as the widespread ignorance of its actual impact and resulting hysteria does not prevail in the Congress.

Edit: Also, under Section 506(a)(1)(B), it has been a felony to do the following since 1997: "willfully infringing copyright ... (B) by the reproduction or distribution, including by electronic means, during any 180-day period, of 1 or more copies or phonorecords of 1 or more copyrighted works, which have a total retail value of more than $1,000;" regardless of whether you personally have any financial gain.
De$ert [email protected]@E Wrote:
EternalReaper Wrote:

It has been "out of committee" for weeks, awaiting scheduling for a floor vote in the Senate.

It will have absolutely no effect on you if you're not "willfully infringing copyright" for "commercial advantage or private financial benefit", as it is currently written.  17 USC s 506(a)(1)(A).

In other words, if your use is "fair use" or otherwise exempt, it's not infringement at all and if you're not making any money on it then you're not liable for criminal sanctions, although you may have to prove the defense of "fair use" if you're sued in civil court for some copyright violation (which seems unlikely in the scenario you present).

Passage of S 978 is almost a certainty, as long as the widespread ignorance of its actual impact and resulting hysteria does not prevail in the Congress.

Edit: Also, under Section 506(a)(1)(B), it has been a felony to do the following since 1997: "willfully infringing copyright ... (B) by the reproduction or distribution, including by electronic means, during any 180-day period, of 1 or more copies or phonorecords of 1 or more copyrighted works, which have a total retail value of more than $1,000;" regardless of whether you personally have any financial gain.

Did you just Google it and copy a sentence from the first five links?
no i  Typed it and got the info off Google
De$ert [email protected]@E Wrote:no i  Typed it and got the info off Google

So you went to google, typed it in, and then pasted it on reply...

EternalReaper Wrote:Did you just Google it and copy a sentence from the first five links?

:-\
Pages: 1 2