(wL) Forums

Full Version: Computer issue!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I was installing a game yesterday on my desktop and all of a sudden it freezes, so I shut it down. Well, when I went to turn it back in, the computer turned on only partially. The on button began to glow, but I didn't hear any sounds, nor did I see the green. My monitor seemed to still say it wasn't connected to the computer, which it is, I checked. Is it something with my hard-drive maybe? I'm not quite sure. Please reply asap so I can do something about it.

Thanks!
Try booting with a recovery disc or a Linux live CD/DVD, see if that helps.
Well, depending on what you mean by, "the green", this could either be a fried mobo, a fried graphics card, or some other broken/loosely placed component. In any case, I don't think this is a hard drive problem. If it were hard drive related, it'd still load the bios and your monitor, which it didn't.  :'(
Well we opened it up and the fan wasn't running when we turned it on.
Fan of the CPU? it overheated..
Had the same problem... fried the MOBO..
I already met this issue before. my PC broke the CPU. lets check that out  Wink
SOP is to check ur pc parts regularly..thats very important..  Wink
yeah sounds like your graphics card is bad...does our mobo have an on board graphics card/do you know someone that you can barrow a graphics card to test it....if you replace it but still have the same problem then its your motherboard. if you still get lights to come on then it isn't your Power supply, your Hard drive should be fine, it could be that your RAM got fried(they are very pron to static shock if you have touched them) but less likely then your mobo or Graphics card.
Naive's easy sometimes solution. Ensure the cable is plugged in correctly, try swapping the monitor and the cpu's power cables. Try a new outlet. Are there any beeps? If so, count them. If not, what noises do you hear? Failing that, if you have multiple ram chips, try one at a time in each slot. If none of these things work try unplugging the optical drives and hdds and everything and see if it just turns on and you get monitor. If none of these things work, I would assume power supply or mobo. 
Pages: 1 2