(wL) Forums

Full Version: Cant host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm sure this has been asked before, but i cannot host any games in starcraft brood war where people join them. this is probably a latency issue. anyone know how i can fix this?
Make sure you have your ports forwarded.  The port you need open should be udp 6112.
if you don't know how to forward just go to youtube and search it up, that's how i fixed mine.
If you're running windows, you might also have to put StarCraft on your windows firewall list of exceptions.
some say to do 6112-6119, but anyways you should check out http://portforward.com it gives guides for a lot of different types of routers
o interesting i've been always wanting to try to host a game imma try it
You need to know the password to your router, though, if you want to edit your applications and gaming port forwards. I accidentally messed up my old router trying to reset it and had to buy a new one.  :-\
unfortunately, i have forwarded the ports, allowed an exception for Starcraft, and even enabled DMZ. only a few people can join, if any. im using windows 7 and im getting my internet off the computer i have in my kitchen.
I had the same problem 2 years ago and the same solution everyone said didnt work. One actually did ! I uninstalled starcraft, erased it with the configuration panel, then I went manually in the C:/programfiles, whereever it is. I deleted the starcraft folders I had, all of them and then I went in Start> Search > Starcraft, there was some files left, I deleted them, (yeah starcraft files are hiding everywhere lol) so I reinstalled starcraft and it worked, now I host all games I want Tongue
I know how to fix this there is 3 diffrent ways!

1. throw ur router out the window and use ur cable stright to the wall.

OR

2. find the router in my computer and right click it and there should be something like add in there put name: Starcraft Port from: 6112  port to: 6112 or something like that.
(u have to do this quite often) it like disapears sometimes when u restart..

And then u have to go to regedit and add a line there cant remember what but something like portmapping 6112 in bnet folder. Google it. (there are like 3 bnet folders think it was current user)

OR

3. Check your firewalls. I recommend u try step 1. first and see if that is the problem and then step 2.
Pages: 1 2 3