(wL) Forums

Full Version: Black Widow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Anonymous

Here it is, I spotted this cat about 30 minutes ago while I was smoking outside and recorded using my web-cam on laptop=)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWhFHclmMoU[/youtube]

Sorry it maybe unclear but it has shiny body and hour glass mark on it's body(red). Kind of cool, this thing is still chilling here, so I'm thinking how can I catch it to some container or something... any ideas?
ruplayer Wrote:Here it is, I spotted this cat about 30 minutes ago while I was smoking outside and recorded using my web-cam on laptop=)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWhFHclmMoU[/youtube]

Sorry it maybe unclear but it has shiny body and hour glass mark on it's body(red). Kind of cool, this thing is still chilling here, so I'm thinking how can I catch it to some container or something... any ideas?

lol ru if it bites u then u are dead lol  Tongue
how about putting a piece of  cloth or a blank piece of paper and hit the widow with a stick the spider will fall on the sheet and then u can put it inside a container. or u can try to slide the widow in the container while trying to push the spider using a pole or stick inside the container.
hope that helped but be carefull one bite and..... :o

Anonymous

Yea but it's too dangerous with a paper, thinking about pouring some hot water on it, so maybe it will die but it will still have it's original look, idk, it's here every night tho, so I have time to prepare.
First you want some badass gloves. Put on a couple of longsleeved shirts, put the gloves on, and then tape the gloves to your sleeves, so its like one whole unit.

Then you want to get some big tweezers, like the kind that you use for DIY rather than bathroom ones. Just long ones, but small at the end so you can be precise.

Then you get a jar with a lid, and get some tissue paper and a rubber band. You put the tissue over the jar at first, and put a couple of real tiny hole in it. Then you put that tissue on the underneath of the jar lid, so it goes jar, tissue, lid.

You go outside, pick up that spider with the tweezers gently around the body, and drop it into the jar. You then put the lid and tissue over it, and seal the jar. Once you're inside your house, you fasten then tissue around the jar with the rubber band, and take the lid off. The jar now has the tissue paper with tiny holes in as a lid (probably dont even need the holes, air will still be able to get in through the tissue) with a rubber band keeping the tissue on.

Congratulations, you now own a black widow spider in a jar.
ruplayer Wrote:Yea but it's too dangerous with a paper, thinking about pouring some hot water on it, so maybe it will die but it will still have it's original look, idk, it's here every night tho, so I have time to prepare.
so it doesnt matter if its dead or alive lol
then how about spraying it with a glass cleaner with ammonia this will stun the spider.
I, The Rival Wrote:First you want some badass gloves. Put on a couple of longsleeved shirts, put the gloves on, and then tape the gloves to your sleeves, so its like one whole unit.

Then you want to get some big tweezers, like the kind that you use for DIY rather than bathroom ones. Just long ones, but small at the end so you can be precise.

Then you get a jar with a lid, and get some tissue paper and a rubber band. You put the tissue over the jar at first, and put a couple of real tiny hole in it. Then you put that tissue on the underneath of the jar lid, so it goes jar, tissue, lid.

You go outside, pick up that spider with the tweezers gently around the body, and drop it into the jar. You then put the lid and tissue over it, and seal the jar. Once you're inside your house, you fasten then tissue around the jar with the rubber band, and take the lid off. The jar now has the tissue paper with tiny holes in as a lid (probably dont even need the holes, air will still be able to get in through the tissue) with a rubber band keeping the tissue on.

so thats how u get the achievement "black widow in a jar" on CS:Source...
thanks for the info rival...
I, The Rival Wrote:First you want some badass gloves. Put on a couple of longsleeved shirts, put the gloves on, and then tape the gloves to your sleeves, so its like one whole unit.

yeah he can use tweezers but they must be big and i never thought about the air holes u sound like a pro lol  Tongue, and u forgot to say to keep it in a safe place cuz it will be dangerous if it got loose

Anonymous

Yeah, thanks for the info, will try to work it out, I need to get prepared for this one, so tomorrow you will see a screenshot of spider in the jar or this is my last post...  Wink
ruplayer Wrote:Yeah, thanks for the info, will try to work it out, I need to get prepared for this one, so tomorrow you will see a screenshot of spider in the jar or this is my last post...  Wink
i sure hope this isnt your last post cuz i still owe u some headshots and pwns lol Wink
Nah I used to catch bugs when I was a kid, just like every other kid in the world. I just had a system for being more efficient. Also this one time I wanted to catch this giant wasp, and that's how I did it.

But yeah, be real careful man, because that black widow can mess you up real bad. It's either one of two species you found; Latrodectus mactans, which is the Southern black widow, or Latrodectus hesperus, which is the Western widow.

If it's the first, and it's a male, then you don't have anything to worry about because males don't bite. If it's a female, then watch out. The Western widows are pricks as well. Pretty much, just be real careful.

Also, widow bites don't kill people, but you're gonna start feeling REAL sick after you get bitten. Their poison glands are huge, that's why they can affect humans. Call 911 if you get bit, because you're gonna start puking and feeling real bad.

Most of all, have fun Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3