(wL) Forums

Full Version: Opinions Welcome On New Server Ideas [Map Pack Inside]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/52549

de_vegas_css. I played this map alot on the DoP servers its a good balanced map! just dont go vents with the bomb....= fail!
Well,tested this map already!
sweet tehn you already know how good it is...first map on!!! ;D ;D
}{@K@P Wrote:marheave: what is zombie escape?
this is a video that shows a popular zombie escape map, well, ze is a normal zombie mod, but the first infected men will be teleported to spawn, and watch this for another popular ze map!
I, The Rival Wrote:I'll just say this again : If there was going to be a new zombie server, it would most likely replace the old zombie server. If ZE is better than ZR, then why don't we just have a ZE server instead of a ZR server?
ze and zr is different gameplay, people can change between those servers if they are bored with one,so don't lose that server!
Def. Going to go with I'm sad that the Full Rotation server was killed. To me, I think that server still sees a lot more action than the minigames server & rightward.

Anyways, I like the proposal so far.

A small 24 man server could be dedicated towards the Soccermod (Super fun!)

And I suggest the creation of a 32 man server for the Full Rotation. This server would host stock maps from CS:S but great maps such as as_oiling cs_747, cs_crackhouse and the such.

No more Zombie servers IMO, I rarely see people in it and they are typically empty.
Full Rotation was basically 0 every day :/. The minigames and zombie server are doing much better.
Matt Wrote:Full Rotation was basically 0 every day :/. The minigames and zombie server are doing much better.
Disagree. During the hours I was on over the summer, I spent a LOT of time in those servers, and a lot of good players played on there.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on that server since people that frequent it are typically more skilled at CS:S as well as more mature. Didn't need to be a 32 man server, but it def. was one of better servers if you wanted actual good gameplay. 

The minigame & zombie servers from how I see it are typically frequented by players that lag a lot or those that don't speak English.
i miss Full Rotation, because this was my first server when i founded war-lords back in april. also, that server brings good memories with rice and chicken, sammy the bull, scorchier.......  :'(
Actually joker, more recently the Full Rotation server has been completely dead. Several times Loks and I went in there to try and populate it because it had zero people in it. It never lasted long though. True, it was populated over the summer, but that's because everyone was off from school, so our servers were a lot more active. Now everyone has gone back, and many people don't play CS:S when they're meant to be studying or whatever.

The MG and ZR servers, whilst being populated by people with high pings, are actually visited more consistently than Fight Yard or Full Rotation was in the end. You can see just by checking your server browser that there are generally 15+ people in each server most of the time. If anything, numbers subside at the same rate that the Sniper server does.

But I will agree with you on this. I think it would only be the same people that are playing our current Zombie server that are the people that would be playing the proposed ZE server, technically halving the population of one server to the other. It would be completely pointless, and I don't see it being as popular as a custom map server.

As for reinstating the Full Rotation server, I'd have to disagree on some of the map choices. The problem with FR was the fact that it was pretty much just Popular Maps 3. The same maps were played over and over on FR, the same maps that are played constantly on Pop Maps. I can appreciate the fact that it wouldn't be a full rotation server without the stock CS:S maps, but honestly, how many servers do we need with de_aztec on? "None", should be the right answer, but unfortunately we already have 2.

I'd like to mention this now; I'd be requesting that cpl maps were also loaded onto the custom maps server. I feel like Tuscan, Mill, Fire and Strike are all good maps that should have been played more frequently. I'm yet to finish testing all the maps with bots, but there are a lot of very good ones.

I'll talk to Dandy about using his server to test maps this weekend.
What about having that wire Pull mod put on them??? i mean i have had like 10+ ppl tell me on steam and in server that would be way cool.
I, The Rival Wrote:I'll talk to Dandy about using his server to test maps this weekend.

If you chuck the maps all into a ZIP I could probably upload them this weekend and have a sort of beta version of the server going.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8