(wL) Forums

Full Version: Is visual basic worth learning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am interested in learning a language with which I can make actual windows programs. I am fairly familiar with PHP, would it be worth to try to learn visual basic? Or should I focus on c++ or other language?
Visual Studio.NET 2010

Download it, you can choose from C++, C# & VB.NET, that way you can decide what language you want to learn without downloading different things.
I would go with c++, its the most used language programmers use. VB isn't something I would learn yet.
Yes, visual basic is worth learning, you can do some amazing things with it. I have created a site in Visual Basic and it was easy and the site operates very fast, It doesn't really matter which one others go with, it's what you want and if you want to learn it.
Garth Wrote:Yes, visual basic is worth learning, you can do some amazing things with it. I have created a site in Visual Basic and it was easy and the site operates very fast, It doesn't really matter which one others go with, it's what you want and if you want to learn it.
Wow that's cool, you can create websites with Visual Basic?
Canister Wrote:I would go with c++, its the most used language programmers use. VB isn't something I would learn yet.

what he said
if you need it for scripting purposes it is a pretty powerful language but it is quite old so, I recommend you take a look at windows power shell instead.
well it madders what you going to make.c++ is more like java then anything VB is more used and power shell is like windows 95 and it was made for  makeing admins
but when you want to make like a chat spammer it better in VB then c++.
dont get me wrong c++ is good too but good for like programing games and hosting program, and VB is used to make all the starcraft bots.so i would learn VB first then c++
and power shell is good for like account making like my chat room(that died and i had to take down) uses power shell for like login and i use VB for chat and c++ for the hosting with lixux
It depends how serious you want to get in the programming world and what you want to make. If you want to make a profession out of it learn C++ or C#. If you just want to make a couple of programs every now and then like bots or to make you life easier, learn VB.NET.
personally I'd say it's good, you can make some cool little things there if you work at it.
it is worth learning.
Pages: 1 2