(wL) Forums

Full Version: War-Lords CS:S going league! We want YOU to try-out.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
http://www.teamwarfare.com/viewteam.asp?team=War-Lords

We'll currently be in the 5v5 ladder until  Season 18 starts.

What to expect:
TWL has 1 match per week, and usually has delays in the matches, making 2-week periods of time between matches.

Week breakdown:
Discuss positioning/defaults/rotations for map - 1-1.5 hours
Learn additional strats (including dry-runs) - 1-1.5 hours
Scrimming - Hopefully no less than 5 hours
Match time - 45 mins - 1 hour

Day 1 - Go over the map, useful smokes to implement, setups, rotations, and situational work.
Day 2 - Incorporate strats
Day 3 - Review Strats/Scrim
Day 4 - Scrim
Day 5 - Scrim
Day 6 - Scrim
Day 7 - Match

I'll also be providing professional demos of teams such as Dynamic and Fully Torqued to the team as additional "homework".  It's not in-partitive to watch them, but it will make you and the team better for doing so.

I've managed a few teams in my time, and I know that conflicting schedules can make it hard to have all 5 on at the same time.  Doing the initial practices though can be taken off of source TV and watched at your earliest convenience.  I'd like to have all the ground work for the week's map done by Day 3. 

Who we're looking for:
Must have a working mic and headset
Must be 16 + (preferably 18+)
Be available at night to play and practice. 
Be willing to learn
Be willing to take criticism
Be willing to take the game seriously. There is nothing more fun in the game than winning

Still interested?  Here's how you can apply:

Copy-paste this form :
  • Name :
    In-game Name :
    Steam ID :
    Brief Description of your Nightly Availability :

Past League Experience :
    Rifler or Awper :
    What do you want to accomplish by playing :

to [email protected] with the subject line "WarLord TWL"

Nobody will be turned down without a tryout.  The 5v5 ladder is open to just about anybody wishing to play, but once league rolls around, I will be looking for 10-12 guys to fill our roster, 4 others to be starters.
One of the things that will be an issue is that wL is an international server and we have players from all over the globe in different time zones. I hope that everything works out and wL makes their mark in the TWL league.
This sounds interesting. There's quite a bit of people who scrim with us on a daily basis anyways. I'm sure that if these people were rounded up and started to practice strategies together, then they'd certainly go pro in no time and become a scary sight for pubbers (hax!!1). I don't think I'd join, though, since I'd be unwilling to use my microphone and the use of which is definitely a necessity.
I having a fking lag issue
BTW Can i join if im not lag ?
Yes very nice idea! im not gonna join due to my 250 ping and im not sure if i can be able to play every night (gf kills me :o ) lol but if im on you guys can hit me if you need some players to play againt you Smile
Merp. Can't join even if I wanted to.

Anonymous

Good Idea about war-lords regulars grouping up, but I'm pass, I don't like you and unwilling to take criticism from you.

Bah Wrote:Merp. Can't join even if I wanted to.
Age...
Yup, 14....

:|
good luck with that, i gonna pass cuz first i dont have that much time and second i have a high ping.

M. Bison Wrote:This sounds interesting. There's quite a bit of people who scrim with us on a daily basis anyways. I'm sure that if these people were rounded up and started to practice strategies together, then they'd certainly go pro in no time and become a scary sight for pubbers (hax!!1). I don't think I'd join, though, since I'd be unwilling to use my microphone and the use of which is definitely a necessity.
yeah actually after a scriming i got better in pubs they are good hax lol
No time. No mic. Not willing to take critism from you. =P
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6