(wL) Forums

Full Version: how to get a HIGHER fps..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i need help guys!
as you can see in some screen shots i took on my steam :
http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561198053...reenshots/
my fps is too low, well i was lagging like 1-2 months ago(im not lagging lately), but some friends told that low fps isnt good;so what do i do to get a higher fps?
ps: fps_max DOES NOT do anything.
                            thanks.
I assume decreasing the video quality in settings would help increase it?
moose Wrote:I assume decreasing the video quality in settings would help increase it?
i tried it once, and it didnt make a big change, like from 30 i went to 50  :-X
and i cant stand it, lol with lol video quality seems like cs 1.6
haha yeah thats true, I have no other ideas though sorry. Mine is usually around 100fps, dont know how though...
moose Wrote:haha yeah thats true, I have no other ideas though sorry. Mine is usually around 100fps, dont know how though...
thanks for trying tho  Big Grin
I am no computer nerd or anything, but is your computer slow? Try disk defragmenter which might make everything a bit quicker.

Also right click on CSS and there is launch options in properties. I cant find anything, but search for commands others have used, which might also help.

Or ctrl+alt+del, task manager, processes, hl (when the game is open) right click, set priority, as high as possible (usually real time). Hopefully these might help in some. Smile
Hi, if you're struggling with FPS, consider using a config, such as Casey's config which is centered around sacrificing graphics to obtain the most FPS. It is a little outdated, but try using it as your autoexec and seeing if it works for you. I use this config with some modifications of my own because my laptop isn't very powerful at all.

Here's a DL link: http://www.pureoverclock.com/download-3.html
what Red said is a great way to get the most FPS from what you have right now, Other than that you just need to get a better PC.
i can donate some of my fps to you Tongue

[Image: 2012011100005.jpg]
-[ex]Spy- Wrote:i can donate some of my fps to you Tongue

[Image: 2012011100005.jpg]
you mean, you want to donate parts from your pc? your video card will be awesome if you have it!
Pages: 1 2