(wL) Forums

Full Version: January 18 Black Out Day.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Imagine a World
Without Free Knowledge
For over a decade, we have spent millions of hours building the largest encyclopedia in human history. Right now, the U.S. Congress is considering legislation that could fatally damage the free and open Internet. For 24 hours, to raise awareness, we are blacking out Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.google.com/

www.craigslist.org
Protest against those SOPA AND PIPA ASSHOLES  >Sad
Oh shit.
but...those 3 sites suck, who cares Sad
henry Wrote:but...those 3 sites suck, who cares Sad
Actually hundreds of sites are doing this today.

I bet henry went to see if his xxx site isn't blacking out...
SOPA and PIPA are both dangerous, but don't forget about ACTA, a global trade agreement that would do the same thing except on a global scale. I spent an entire term writing papers about it. Scary shit.
I THINK SOPA SHOULD BE DONE! THE INTERNET SHALL DIE SO KIDS WITH ADDICTIONS SHALL DO GOOD IN SCHOOLS... lolwut.
Bah Wrote:I THINK SOPA SHOULD BE DONE! THE INTERNET SHALL DIE SO KIDS WITH ADDICTIONS SHALL DO GOOD IN SCHOOLS... lolwut.
Talking about yourself, what?
joker, what is all about sopa, what will it do if they succeed in senate? i heard that google and wikipedia will be shut down, explain please!
}{@K@P Wrote:joker, what is all about sopa, what will it do if they succeed in senate? i heard that google and wikipedia will be shut down, explain please!
SOPA =

S top
O nline
P iracy
A ct

basically, what this does is say you go to google and search for say "Adobe Photoshop CS5 download" and you find a site that has a legit copy, what SOPA does is makes it so that site you found via google is blacked out and you can no longer access it, also if this site is advertising going to said site to download more illegal software(like most people do, ie; bb-warez.org) it will also black out those sites as well, PIPA on the other hand will make it so google completely removes that legit link from its search engine that you found so you can't share it anywhere via the internet.

edit
Pages: 1 2