(wL) Forums

Full Version: Computer automatically restarts. Need Help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have this problem which makes my computer automatically restarts when I'm playing games.
At first I thought it's a memory problem and I later found out that it isn't.
I suspected that it's the power supply and after a few researches I found out that it wasn't the problem.
So I watch the computer's temperature while playing games and found out that my CPU temp goes up to 50C+.
But my CPU temperature in between 12-20C on idle. So is it possible that my computer restarts itself caused by the high temp because I am thinking of buying a new CPU Cooler.
Edit: I don't get lags/stutters when I play games. When the computer restarts, I don't even get blue screen.

Computer Specs [ Custom Build ]
- LanCool Dragon Lord PC-K62
- MSI A75MA-G55 AMD FM1
- AMD APU 3870k 3.0Ghz (Stock Cooler)
- G.Skill SNIPER 1600Mhz 8GB
- OCZ ModXtream 600W
- Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
Yeah bro get an after market cooler on that beast!!!! it should help also get some Thermal compound as well. that will really help a great amount as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835100005 <--- Good thermal compound.
It's the temperature once the pc has a high temperture it restarts to cool down a bit as Spartan says buy a thermal compound.
First, I would try opening your case and pointing a large fan right at it, and do some stress testing. If this helps the situation compared to without the fan, it will definitely be a heat issue. You may not need a new heatsink, if you are not overclocking the machine the stock heat sink should be fine. I would try using some new thermal paste between your heat sink and the processor though. I very very strongly urge you to use diamond thermal paste, it transfers heat 5x better than the silver one spartan posted and is nonconductive (less chance you fuck everything up).

http://www.amazon.com/IC-Diamond-Carat- ... B0042IEVD8
Usually if ur computer shuts down due to over heating , when u turn it back on it gives u a message sayin that it shut down cos of the high temp ( or atleast mine did ) . and mine usually totally shut down and it dint just restart . i would advice u to try restarting ur comp in safe mode just to rule out the possibility of a software problem A.k.a virus . i used a hp notebook with an a.m.d processor , and i played css for hours on end b4 my comp shut down due to over heating!
naive Wrote:First, I would try opening your case and pointing a large fan right at it, and do some stress testing. If this helps the situation compared to without the fan, it will definitely be a heat issue. You may not need a new heatsink, if you are not overclocking the machine the stock heat sink should be fine. I would try using some new thermal paste between your heat sink and the processor though. I very very strongly urge you to use diamond thermal paste, it transfers heat 5x better than the silver one spartan posted and is nonconductive (less chance you fuck everything up).

http://www.amazon.com/IC-Diamond-Carat- ... B0042IEVD8

but why does it go high only when playing games?
sometimes it happen to me
yeah,your PC temperature very hot
so buy a cooling pad/fan pad
Smile
sometime my game also crash ......
Nah it's all fixed. I got a new CPU cooler, Cooler Master Hyper TX3. Working great now. No crashes, restarts, etc.
Good for you  Big Grin
but why does it go high only when playing games?
[/quote]
because games have high stress levels on ur cpu and gpu. thats why I would suggest using a desktop computer rather then a laptop.