(wL) Forums

Full Version: Space Shuttle Enterprise flies again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: 120427033356-touchdown-2-story-top.jpg]
New York (CNN) -- The space shuttle Enterprise, mounted atop a 747 jumbo jet, swooped across the New York City skyline on Friday before touching down at the city's John F. Kennedy International Airport, bringing an end to its final flight.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/27/us/new-yo ... ?hpt=hp_c3
Re: Space Shuttle Enterprise files again

Well that's sad.
It actually makes me angry that the stupid US gov (no offense) finances massive wars to mess other peoples lives instead of investing it with space colonization, scouting or even waste management research  Projects or other..

MindHACKer Wrote:It actually makes me angry that the stupid US gov (no offense) finances massive wars to mess other peoples lives instead of investing it with space colonization, scouting or even waste management research  Projects or other..

Actually, as a veteran of Iraq, I like to pride myself in the fact that I helped restore order to a nation that was under the sadistic and brutal control of one man who was living the the splendor of luxury as many of his own people starved without the benefit of basic social services... Not to mention the fact that he was also committing racial genocide in that very country.... 

If that is "messing with people's lives", then sign me up for more....

Masterful1 Wrote:
MindHACKer Wrote:It actually makes me angry that the stupid US gov (no offense) finances massive wars to mess other peoples lives instead of investing it with space colonization, scouting or even waste management research  Projects or other..

Actually, as a veteran of Iraq, I like to pride myself in the fact that I helped restore order to a nation that was under the sadistic and brutal control of one man who was living the the splendor of luxury as many of his own people starved without the benefit of basic social services... Not to mention the fact that he was also committing racial genocide in that very country.... 

If that is "messing with people's lives", then sign me up for more....

Really killing more than 1 million Iraqi is some thing to be proud about....
& Just so you know, you have no right to paint other peoples future, it's just not of your business, Iraq was a very advanced country, now it's 50 years late comparing to neighboring countries , & US gov is still stealing the country's oil.

MindHACKer Wrote:Really killing more than 1 million Iraqi is some thing to be proud about....
& Just so you know, you have no right to paint other peoples future, it's just not of your business, Iraq was a very advanced country, now it's 50 years late comparing to neighboring countries , & US gov is still stealing the country's oil.

Right... very advanced country... Obviously, you have never been there... watching children starve and drink from gutters, not knowing that life should be different for them because thats the way it has always been...  Very advanced, my ass... Speak when you actually know what you are talking about...  Until you see it, you don't.... Are you a parent?  Can you stand seeing children live like this, while their "leader" has multiple palaces all around the country? 

And by the way... Ask the Kurds in Northern Iraq about Sadaam sometime... How they were being hunted into racial extinction by Hussein's quest to eliminate them... The man was Hitler on a smaller scale... 

And, as far as I am concerned, this conversation is over... I am no longer going to waste my time discussing this issue with someone who has NOT been there, has NOT seen it, and knows NOTHING of what he is talking about, but just shoots snap judgements from the hip, thinking he is speaking from high moral ground, rather than the shallow cesspool of ignorance that he is really wallowing in....  /end

you know I thought people like you already are extinct, look my friend, let's say that yes he was a dictator (just saying), do you think that problem solved, NO, more than 2 million People immigrated, The only thing you did is making their life even more painful, Before the stupid invasion people used to still have ability to wake up & go to work & have children & pray to their god, while the invasion cities were being bombed randomly, people were getting killed everywhere & do you know who was the criminal killing them? its the stupid bush regime, stealing the American tax payers money to finance his stupidity & ignorance & his lust to kill, & after the war, People started to kill each other fighting for power.

I don't expect you to understand, but this is 0.0000001% from the real hell that Iraqi's are living in because of the invasion.

& btw It is a RULE, Intervention doesn't solve anything, it just makes things much more hard & complicated.

The U.S. caused a huge mess in the middle east post-WW2. Saddam Hussein even worked for the CIA at one point. The dual wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are essentially the U.S. trying to get penance and fix their wrongs. They backed a lot of lunatic extremists and provided them with funding, food, and weapons. This caused a lot of hardship and instability in the whole region. Now they're fighting the very people they backed. The end does not justify the means. The soviets weren't that big of a "threat" to justify the stupidity of these actions. Applause goes to the U.S. for creating the mess they're trying to clean up now. :o

Masterful1 Wrote:Right... very advanced country... Obviously, you have never been there... watching children starve and drink from gutters, not knowing that life should be different for them because thats the way it has always been...  Very advanced, my ass... Speak when you actually know what you are talking about...  Until you see it, you don't.... Are you a parent?  Can you stand seeing children live like this, while their "leader" has multiple palaces all around the country? 

And by the way... Ask the Kurds in Northern Iraq about Sadaam sometime... How they were being hunted into racial extinction by Hussein's quest to eliminate them... The man was Hitler on a smaller scale... 

And, as far as I am concerned, this conversation is over... I am no longer going to waste my time discussing this issue with someone who has NOT been there, has NOT seen it, and knows NOTHING of what he is talking about, but just shoots snap judgements from the hip, thinking he is speaking from high moral ground, rather than the shallow cesspool of ignorance that he is really wallowing in....  /end

Do you think it would be justifiable for the U.S. to invade every single country in the world occupied by a dictator and usurp the regime? You really think it is worth it to infringe on other countries' sovereignties and reprogram their government structure at the cost of hundreds of billions of dollars and countless innocent lives lost on both sides and massive infrastructure damage on the invaded country (which you have to pay to rebuild)? It absolutely stinks of post-colonialism and the white man's burden. Bypassing the UN's disapproval and going in on your own was inadmissible.

You guys are only fighting the Taliban because you are trespassing on their borders. They have never attacked the U.S. outside of their region.

did anybody notice the title?  enterprise "files" again?
pfft what is this? files? i for one am extremely confused and dissatisfied.!  >Sad

I partially agree with masterful, I see it as a morally righteous thing to do (deposing a cruel dictator, whose power they helped to consolidate). But I don't like how they've unfairly capitalized on Iraq's oil.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6