(wL) Forums

Full Version: What's your opinion 'bout 1.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Wut?
CS 1.6 is the most played steam game?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10/
graphics suck( worse than source)
less submissions than CS source in gamebanana
but you know condition zero is on the 24th place while css is on the 4th place.

tell me your opinion about this. Why?
Better game, great strategy, birth of CS, amazing reg.
I heard you can pretty much wallbang everything in that game.
I love 1.6, Bison should set up a scrim server on it :\

I did 50 9 on dm a day ago, most of the servers are either empty or full of fake bots or cheaters :\ Its hard to find a decent pop server.
CS was the 1st I played when I was 8-9 yo. I would like to get on steam, if anyone has a copy to gift, I would accept that  Tongue
cs 1.6 it is still the top of the best Smile ...
I still game Wink.

CROSSFIRE another good game for free
I have about 2k hours racked up on 1.6.  I actually jump in between 1.6 and source occasionally.  I would say 1.6 is more popular than source because it doesn't take a top of the line computer to run it.  1.6 is about 9 years old (not including the mods before it) and anyone can run it with extremely good reg.  On source, you have to have a decent computer to run it.

Not to mention, when source first came out, the mod did not run well at all.  Hitboxes were huge and lagged behind the player model.  It was never as smooth as 1.6, etc.  I actually used to own a css community when it first came out but went back to 1.6 shortly after because I hated everything about source.

If you ever notice, source is finally starting to climb over 1.6.  The only reason for that was the release of css beta and the whole re-worked mod.  That brought a ton of 1.6 players to source.

I would say the more die-hard fans of cs stay with 1.6 while the new-comers generally start at source.  On 1.6 games, it's rare to not see a 5 digit or lower steam id in the server.  On source, usually I have the lowest steam id (7 digit).
1.6 plays a lot better.  Movement and aiming is smooth.  The models are smaller but the levels are the same size as source so you have much more room to maneuver.  There is a much larger skill gap between good and bad also.  You never get running sprayed by a p90 from across the level.  Better player will essentially always win and not get bullshitted. 
I used to play 1.3 every day after school in computer clubs. Good days.
trueplayer Wrote:I used to play 1.3 every day after school in computer clubs. Good days.

No kidding. $5 an hour during my time.
Pages: 1 2