(wL) Forums

Full Version: US man left in cell for five days 'drank own urine'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:US man left in cell for five days 'drank own urine'

A man who was locked in a tiny cell by drug agents for five days without water and food has told of drinking his own urine to survive.

Daniel Chong was swept up during a drug raid in San Diego on 21 April, and placed in a 5ft (1.5m) by 10ft cell, where he was forgotten.

Mr Chong said he lost 15lb (7kg) and was hallucinating by the third day.

Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) officials are investigating why Mr Chong was left in the cell for so long.

"They never came back, ignored all my cries and I still don't know what happened," the UC San Diego student said. "I'm not sure how they could forget me."

'Sorry Mom'

According to the DEA, the student was one of nine people detained as a search warrant was executed.

At the residence, DEA agents say they found about 18,000 pills of MDMA, also known as ecstasy, as well as marijuana, prescription medications, hallucinogenic mushrooms and several firearms.

"The individual in question was at the house, by his own admission, to get high with his friends," the statement said.

DEA San Diego acting agent-in-charge William Sherman said on Wednesday that he was "deeply troubled by the incident that occurred here last week".

"I extend my deepest apologies to the young man and want to express that this event is not indicative of the high standards that I hold my employees to."

During a press conference on Tuesday, Mr Chong said agents had questioned him on 21 April but told him he could go home.

One DEA agent even offered him a ride, he said.

Somehow, instead of returning home Mr Chong was "accidentally left in one of the cells", say officials.

Mr Chong said he heard DEA employees and other prisoners, and he screamed and kicked the door, but received no response.

When he was found, Mr Chong was incoherent and close to kidney failure, his lawyer said. He was brought to hospital where he spent three days in an intensive care unit.

Mr Chong broke shards from his glasses and attempted to carve "Sorry Mom" on his arm.

His lawyer, Gene Iredale, confirmed the student had ingested a powdery substance in the cell, which turned out to be methamphetamine.

According to Mr Iredale, he and Mr Chong may file a lawsuit in federal court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17930812
Holy hell, I thought I couldn't hate the DEA even more than I already do but that is just inexcusable. I feel terrible for the guy. Hope he gets tons of money out of this.
This one actually made the last 5 minutes of CNN lol..........
Oh, and Look it just had to be an Asian man, yup, how much you wanna bet the same thing would ever happen to a white man?
Last time you can see an incident like this get any press, has gotta be either pre-civil rights America or During the Civil rights era, and it woulda happened to a black man then.
Seems like discrimination against the Asian Man is America's new accepted form of Racism these days.

Again, Riser, quit spamming the world news topics, at least this ones somewhat relevant though...
"sorry mom" was all i need. :'(
General Josh Wrote:This one actually made the last 5 minutes of CNN lol..........
Oh, and Look it just had to be an Asian man, yup, how much you wanna bet the same thing would ever happen to a white man?
Last time you can see an incident like this get any press, has gotta be either pre-civil rights America or During the Civil rights era, and it woulda happened to a black man then.
Seems like discrimination against the Asian Man is America's new accepted form of Racism these days.

Again, Riser, quit spamming the world news topics, at least this ones somewhat relevant though...

Shut up. Unconscious racial discrimination is present everywhere against all races. You may not think of yourself as racist, but when you're walking alone at night and a black dude with baggy clothing is walking behind you, you're definitely going to think differently about the situation than if he was asian, white, arabic or hispanic (same case applies to all of these... everyone has their own preconceptions of races and they will be influenced by stereotypes and various forms of media you have encountered in which they are present in). I haven't seen any case of Americans being more discriminating against asians than against african americans, hispanics and arabics...

And how is posting what he considers world news "spamming" ? He finds articles he finds interesting and takes the time to share them with us. What do you do about his efforts ? You whine about it.
General Josh Wrote:Again, Riser, quit spamming the world news topics, at least this ones somewhat relevant though...

No, if you think its inappropriate or spam, just "Report" it. Let the mod decide.
General Josh Wrote:This one actually made the last 5 minutes of CNN lol..........

Do you even know what the fuck are you talking about? Seriously, look at your own post before posting it.

Not sure i get you but i think you've been misunderstood
Riser your an admin so i really can't do anything, even Drunk asked to "hide" the world news topics, i'm pretty sure when he gets that annoyed by it, that people are kind of overdoing the world news topics in general.
ceddeeoo Wrote:

Shut up. Unconscious racial discrimination is present everywhere against all races. You may not think of yourself as racist, but when you're walking alone at night and a black dude with baggy clothing is walking behind you, you're definitely going to think differently about the situation than if he was asian, white, arabic or hispanic (same case applies to all of these... everyone has their own preconceptions of races and they will be influenced by stereotypes and various forms of media you have encountered in which they are present in). I haven't seen any case of Americans being more discriminating against asians than against african americans, hispanics and arabics...

And how is posting what he considers world news "spamming" ? He finds articles he finds interesting and takes the time to share them with us. What do you do about his efforts ? You whine about it.
Gee bro, i didnt know you were 100% right always, and that you even found any facts saying im wrong, or that you had to get so angry about a little analogy, note you left white people out of that little rant there, and from what i can tell about the first 2 or so lines there, you'd be the kind of person that would justify the killing of Trayvon Martin by Zimmerman there because the kid was, black, wearing baggy clothes, and could've been a "threat". I dont mind Fenken getting a tad mad, i guess he misunderstood the analogy, but i mean you are so quick to justify im wrong in some way without even looking at both sets of facts for the argument.
Riser` Wrote:
General Josh Wrote:Again, Riser, quit spamming the world news topics, at least this ones somewhat relevant though...

No, if you think its inappropriate or spam, just "Report" it. Let the mod decide.

As long as it's actually news, it's fine.
Pages: 1 2