(wL) Forums

Full Version: [poll]should weed be legalized?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
^I just Loled hardcore at that i dont know why o.o. well now that i have time to acly post a good post on all the Responed. well Ceddeoo is right on the dot about pot. and no ruplayer i not going to fight for weed rights for 13yr. i will gladly wait til i turn 18.
Personally, I have been high before and I didn't find any reason to not legalize it. But for the sake of the future I would still vote the contradictory "No".
My personal experience while being high is it's kinda like.. a mellow & happy escape that hurts my motivation to really do anything (work, homework, go work-out)
so.. that's why I like caffeine more than marijuana. (Because I can work more efficiently)
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg[/video]

The reason why I would say "No" is because one day I will have children and I can't tell them not to smoke marijuana if it's legal (especially if I vote to legalize it), but I can tell them that they should do it in moderation. Basically using the fact that it's illegal as a means to an end.
If they get fired from a job, get an F in classes, or just all around become a fat slouching piece of shit, because they're high too often, I will disown them; and I would prefer not to do that.
That's my reason why I would vote "no".
Pot can't be the blame for someone having a shit will. I smoke everyday of my life and yes it relaxes me but it does not demotivate me. It would be your own fault for bad parenting not because they smoke pot.
To each his own I suppose.
Weed effects each person differently. One person could smoke and still be productive, while the other peels over and has a seizure.

Point blank being if you can't handle the high then don't smoke it. Doesn't matter if it's illegal, but I'll tell you one thing. Legalize it and stamp an age restriction and you stop half of the kids from going to their neighbor's house to buy a dime bag.

I smoke weed regularly and I love it. Sure sometimes I get lazy but OMG guess what? I do the things I need to do FIRST then I smoke (sounds crazy right?).

But um to answer the OP..... There are 50 states. This isn't Amsterdam it's the United States of America. Sure it might be legal in some states, but all 50? Nope.
I vote no, IT'S BAD!
KŋÏğĦ‘tRìĐě®, post: 71977, member: 186 Wrote:I vote no, IT'S BAD!
Heretic !!!
Darkanthrax, post: 71944, member: 4038 Wrote:Personally, I have been high before and I didn't find any reason to not legalize it. But for the sake of the future I would still vote the contradictory "No".
My personal experience while being high is it's kinda like.. a mellow & happy escape that hurts my motivation to really do anything (work, homework, go work-out)
so.. that's why I like caffeine more than marijuana. (Because I can work more efficiently)
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg[/video]

The reason why I would say "No" is because one day I will have children and I can't tell them not to smoke marijuana if it's legal (especially if I vote to legalize it), but I can tell them that they should do it in moderation. Basically using the fact that it's illegal as a means to an end.
If they get fired from a job, get an F in classes, or just all around become a fat slouching piece of shit, because they're high too often, I will disown them; and I would prefer not to do that.
That's my reason why I would vote "no".

As a parent it is your responsibility to ensure your children are doing well in school and are not ''fat slouching pieces of shit'', if your kids are 15 and smoking weed every day that would be your mistake as a parent, not their mistakes as individuals (and it would still be illegal as they would be underage). As previously stated multiple times before in this thread, marijuana is easier to obtain for minors than alcohol.

The same rules that apply to alcohol would apply to marijuana, you wouldnt be able to work or drive under the influence, you couldn't just walk down the street smoking a blunt just like you can't just walk down the street drinking from a bottle of malt liquor. There are many regulations to legal recreational psychoactive use, and I would imagine even more regulations would be applied to a drug that had been previously illegal for 80 years. And yes marijuana hurts motivation as long term effects include apathy and lethargy, but it is up to the individual to use it in moderation just like alcohol. The people that would smoke weed every day all day already do.
ceddeeoo, post: 72106, member: 9052 Wrote:As a parent it is your responsibility to ensure your children are doing well in school and are not ''fat slouching pieces of shit'', if your kids are 15 and smoking weed every day that would be your mistake as a parent, not their mistakes as individuals (and it would still be illegal as they would be underage).

Hmm, that's true to an extent. But sometimes you just can't do anything about it. You can do all you can as a parent, but people still have a free will.

ceddeeoo, post: 72106, member: 9052 Wrote:And yes marijuana hurts motivation as long term effects include apathy and lethargy, but it is up to the individual to use it in moderation just like alcohol. The people that would smoke weed every day all day already do.

True

ceddeeoo, post: 72106, member: 9052 Wrote:...just like you can't just walk down the street drinking from a bottle of malt liquor.

You can here. Smile
George Of The Jungle, post: 72111, member: 3094 Wrote:Hmm, that's true to an extent. But sometimes you just can't do anything about it. You can do all you can as a parent, but people still have a free will.

Yes but ultimately your kid is going to come home for dinner and to sleep every night and if you are not involved enough in your kid's life to know that they are smoking weed every day and not doing shit then you are doing it wrong as a parent
Pages: 1 2 3 4