(wL) Forums

Full Version: Server requirement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys ,

I was wondering what you'd require as a minimum spec for a server that could run a 20 slots css game.
and if u dont mind telling me , how can we optain many IPs from a single server ??

Thanks

CoMmA ,
For one server, a dual core with high Ghz. To get more IP's you buy them from your provider.
Matt, post: 72876, member: 178 Wrote:For one server, a dual core with high Ghz. To get more IP's you buy them from your provider.

hey bro

well , im the provider , thats why i wanna know how can i give more than IP address to people , from a single server ..
Thanks bro <3

CoMmA ,
I'm not quite sure I understand but anyway, you will need to buy more IP's from who ever gives you internet access.
These questions look very familiar... Didn't you ask me on steam?

Unfortunately, there's really no good way to gauge the hardware requirements. The cpus architecture can have a very big effect on performance. On a i7-2600/i7-3930k, it'll be something like 100mhz per slot. If you were to say, use an Intel Celeron for instance, then my numbers wouldn't compare too well. :confused:

Anyway, the CPU & bandwidth requirements grow somewhat exponentially slot to slot. The more slots you have the more you'll need per slot. I recall the bandwidth usage for 20 slots being an average of 5-10 KB/s (40-80 kbps) down / ~15KB/s (120 kbps) up per slot. The server may on occasion utilize more bandwidth than that in short bursts. So you'll definitely want some wiggle room or risk random ping spikes. o_O
What are wL computers specs?
We use only the greatest hardware that I have time traveled to the future to acquire.

But in all seriousness, our new boxes are both

i7 3930k 4.2Ghz
16GB RAM
240GB SSD
1Gbps connection
CentOS 6
Damn nice.. WL's internet bill might be $250-$300 for all of that?

Could you guys upload some pics from them here? Big Grin
We actually don't own these servers, we rent them so we don't have any pics to show. I couldn't find any pics of our hosts datacenter, sorry.