(wL) Forums

Full Version: CS:GO Hitboxes VS CS:S Hitboxes. Whats the difference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WAR OF THE HITBOX

Counter-Strike Source Hitboxes

[Image: hitboxes_0000_CSS.jpg]

Counter-Strike Global Offensive Hitboxes

[Image: hitboxes_0001_CSGO.jpg]

Quote:According to Valve's Officials some of the 'current' changes in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive are visible and some are felt. The developers state that all of the changes interplay with one another.

One change that the beta testers may have noticed, or even missed, and whose impact might be mis-attributed to other factors, is that the hitboxes in CS:GO are smaller. You can see the difference in the above images.

In Counter-Strike: Source, most have grown accustomed to generous hitboxes that expanded on the character’s model. In CS:GO the hitboxes more accurately portray the character. A near miss? Is a miss.,,,No more crying about the server, the player, and the game. You missed, it's your fault.

Well we know some of you are also still CS1.6 players, and so you might ask how does this compare to Counter-Strike: 1.6? The actual hitboxes surrounding the characters in 1.6 are generous, just like in CS:Source, but the models are on a smaller scale, so they’re harder to hit. So this was one change where valve apparently wanted to split the difference between the two games.

They are using the more appealing larger model size but still force players to be more accurate.

Now that we have armed you all with this knowledge, what first comes to your mind about how the shots will be fired in CS:GO? Does this define, or change your opinion on what the weapon accuracy in CS:Go will be?
"[SIZE=12px]Now that we have armed you all with this knowledge, what first comes to your mind about how the shots will be fired in CS:GO? Does this define, or change your opinion on what the weapon accuracy in CS:Go will be?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]nope.... GO is still lame. Cool info though. I'd be more interested in understanding why CSGO has 100 tick while CSS has 66 tick when they're both on the same engine. frankly i don't even know what a tick is, just that it affects registry in some way. I know I could just google this but I figure some of you guys would know some good info on it. [/SIZE]
ceddeeoo, post: 81021, member: 9052 Wrote:"[SIZE=12px]Now that we have armed you all with this knowledge, what first comes to your mind about how the shots will be fired in CS:GO? Does this define, or change your opinion on what the weapon accuracy in CS:Go will be?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]nope.... GO is still lame. Cool info though. I'd be more interested in understanding why CSGO has 100 tick while CSS has 66 tick when they're both on the same engine. frankly i don't even know what a tick is, just that it affects registry in some way. I know I could just google this but I figure some of you guys would know some good info on it. [/SIZE]

Tickrate is just how often a server updates itself, which is the reason why it affects registry. It just costs mo' money to host a higer tick server, as it uses more resources to send data out faster.

Example:
33 tick updates 33 times a second, 66 tick updates 66 times a second, and 100 updates 100 times.