(wL) Forums

Full Version: Back Sig is Bad.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=1684]
xD. Was Bored.
Good lord
I don't know what that implies but thanks i guess xD
Russian font looks kiddish. Yellow doesn't fit well either.
holy shit..
?
Thb, ESEA logo fked it up. Also, as Spartacus said, the color is a bit too much.
scale from 1-10 I rate a 1.1735. colors blow
Interesting ideas, but it doesn't work. I'm going to critique it frankly because I think you'll understand I'm critiquing the logo's appearance, not you as person. Based on my limited experience in video production (I'm no graphics guy--never touched Photoshop or Gimp in my life), here are my uninformed thoughts:

The size of the ESEA logo is far, far too large. Maybe 10 times so. If you want it there, shrink the text down to the size of the "CS:S" text on the right. In it's currenty oversized form it appears tryhard and very cheesy.
As mentioned, the yellow text really clashes. Try black w/white outline, white w/black outline, or possibly red w/white outline (which could have a more "russian" feel, but also be less aesthetic, especially with some fonts)
Speaking of which, the current font also clashes with the flag and text. Try something simpler like Arial , or something badass that actually looks Russian. Also, what do you think of using the Russian letters я and иже instead of "r" and "n". (Яussiaи) Last, shrink its size by at least 10%.
The CS:S logo might work better at either half it's current size (so it fits in just the red section) or maybe 40% larger.
I thought the effects you used on the flag were cool, but the colors were too vivid/bright. Try desaturating it by 30-50% and see what you think.
One point to remember if you decide to tweak this, unless done just right, less [fancy, intense, etc] is almost always more. Cheers.
How about you do it again and take these tips into consideration if you want that is.
Your sig simply lacks proportion and harmony if you just add things like that they become chaotic everything has to be balanced, the text ''Russian'' is too big compared to the over all size of the sig, the logo is too big too.
what ever you have on one side of the sig you need to have something equivalent on the other side to make it balanced the ESEA logo is too big while on the other hand the css logo on the other side is smaller you need to fix that and adjust the size ratio.
Also the text color for Russian isnt suitable because its too bright while the sig is dark you have to make it blend with the background every element needs to be harmonic with the other.
Finally the ESEA logo looks like you just took it out and pasted it there i would suggest you make the ESEA text yourself and blend it with the background to make it look better and it would be good if you used a different font.
Hope that helps Smile