(wL) Forums

Full Version: Windows 8 proving less popular than Vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[SIZE=12px]December 30th, 2012 at 7:08 pm - Author [/SIZE][SIZE=12px][SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial]Benjamin[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]Data from Net Applications shows that Windows 8 is less popular than Windows Vista, the operating system that proved unpopular with the enthusiast audience.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]Windows 8 usage uptake has slipped behind Vista’s in the same point in its release. Windows 8 online usage share is around 1.6% of all Windows PC’s which is less than the 2.2% share that Windows Vista commanded at the same two month mark after release.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]Net Applications monitor operating system usage by recording OS version for around 40,000 sites it monitors for clients.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]The slowdown for Windows 8 adoption is a bad sign for Microsoft who experienced great success with the release of Windows 7.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]Data was measured up to the 22nd of December, so there is still time by the end of the month for Windows 8 to claim a higher percentage of the user base.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px][Image: windows-8-sales.jpg][/SIZE]
This data reaffirms previous statistics posted by organisations such as the NPD group. They said in the four weeks surrounding Windows 8 Oct 26 debut that 21% fewer PCs were sold to U.S. consumers than during the same period in 2011.
The New York Times have also said that U.S. consumer sales of Windows machines from late October through to the first week of December are down 13% compared to the same period a year previous.
Kitguru says: Our own polls show that the majority of the enthusiast audience are sticking with Windows 7.
http://www.kitguru.net/software/operatin...han-vista/

Double post

well i guess thats one novel idea that they're gonna throw out the..

[Image: horatio-caine-one-liner-o.gif]

window..

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
my desktop is still on vista LOL ive always wanted to get 7 but never bothered... someone tell me how to do it. torrents ?
Its a bloody mess doing it using an illegal version. Get the windows 7 professional for $20 from a student. They get up to 80% discount on Windows products. No hassle for $20 is worth it ...trust me I tried both ways :p
http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/ph/s...ows-7.aspx

As for the Windows 8. Having it look like shit, with all the app stuff is not helping. They knew that it would not work, hence trying to release that free edition of Windows this year as soon as they can. Lets hope they look at what worked with XP & 7 and make something similar. Silly Windows 8 layout...grrr
ceddeeoo, post: 83198, member: 9052 Wrote:my desktop is still on vista LOL ive always wanted to get 7 but never bothered... someone tell me how to do it. torrents ?
Since you're on Vista, all you need to do is to upgrade to Windows 7 right away.

Upgrade Options:
Windows Vista Starter - Windows 7 Starter
Windows Vista Home Basic - Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows Vista Home Premium - Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows Vista Business - Windows 7 Professional
Windows Vista Enterprise - Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows Vista Ultimate - Windows 7 Ultimate

Once your finished, Windows 7 Will download latest drivers and updates.
windows 8 is terrible i bought it for work and said screw this after the 3rd day and went back to 7