(wL) Forums

Full Version: Server Upgrades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just letting you guys know that over the coming few days our dedicated server will be getting upgraded.

It will be going from:

Intel i7 870 Quadcore @ 2.9ghz CPU
4gb ram
500gb Sata II hdd

to a:

Intel i7 2600 Quadcore @ 3.4ghz CPU
8gb ram
500gb Sata II hd

The i7 2600 gets almost 3000 more on CPU Mark than the i7 870. This will make the CSS servers be able to produce a lot higher FPS and increase the slot count of some of the servers.
Woo this should help a lot.  Servers seem to have been having a lot of trouble the last few days for some reason. 
Hmm really? I haven't noticed anything :/.
yeah i only started playing on warlords cause it has awesome registry and the servers are like less than 20 miles from my house so i get around 15 ping. nice on upgrades!
I'm noticing improvements. Nice work, Matt.
xFerior Wrote:I'm noticing improvements. Nice work, Matt.

Nothings been done yet Tongue.

At this moment in time I am zipping up all the SRCDS servers which seems to be causing quite a bit of load to the server. Hold on tight till its all over, theres about 20GB in files that need to be compressed.

To all the Admins I will have to transfer the MySQL databases over soon as well, bans during this period might not get copied to this server and I will have to manually add them later.
Lol really? Server one seems way better, I thought i noticed some improvements with shots registering while spectating. But lately server #2 has been horrible. Im lagging every 15 seconds, and i only have 20 ping.
There should be no more lag, I decided to not compress the files about 10 minutes into it because it was taking forever and making the IO go through the roof. Just did an uncompressed .tar, made it a lot more faster and no performance drops -_-.

xFerior I have no idea what could be happening, there is nothing we have done server side apart from move the sv_fastdownload to lots of new locations.
Im going to sleep now, so I am not going to test it.  But I guess it was lagging because you were doing stuff.  Lots of rubberbanding, slow map changes.  Everyone was just freezing every few seconds.
The only thing different lately was the crash #1 did. It never came back up after like 15minutes so I had to manually restart it.

I did see something suspicious on its console though, there was a few failed rcon passwords by someone in Russia. It then crashed with a fragmentation error. lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4