(wL) Forums

Full Version: PlayStation 4 Reveal Event Live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.ustream.tv/PlayStation

Right now they are presenting the new PS4! Any of you guys watching this too? Interested in buying it?
Fuzzy Joggie Pony, post: 86336, member: 15273 Wrote:http://www.ustream.tv/PlayStation

Right now they are presenting the new PS4! Any of you guys watching this too? Interested in buying it?
I can't watch it live... I need all the details at the same time...hitting me in the face!! Its too much to bear! :p
Damn getting it for sure lol really impressed so far.
PS4 event without actual PS4 is not cool. At least they showed a bunch of new games. The new Watch Dogs video said release scheduled for Holidays 2013, means PS4 will be released by November-December and I will buy it.
Moriarty, post: 86354, member: 9168 Wrote:PS4 event without actual PS4 is not cool. At least they showed a bunch of new games. The new Watch Dogs video said release scheduled for Holidays 2013, means PS4 will be released by November-December and I will buy it.

What really surprised me to a negative effect is the "no backwards compatibility to older PS versions".

And too many questions unanswered. Why wasn't Unreal4 engine mentioned with their "super console" speccs, and the fact that mentioned that PS Vita could stream games from your PS4... like how in the world can you stream hardcore demanding games to the VITA...

I am honestly disappointed they didn't have a better showcase...

What about the promise of the super motion sensor they have been bragging about? The one that was supposed to revolutionize the industry again, making us a human joystick that takes it to a deeper level?

XBOX 720 (or name tba) is at least most likely going to be backwards compatible which is what gamers these days are looking for. Now to waste x amount of money every new generation and making the old one's obsolete.

I am neutral towards consoles, and a PC gamer all the way, but I find some things in the presentation lacking. I just hope E3's XBOX presentation will knock our socks off, and be out of this world.

God I hope they are smart enough to use the breathtaking UNREAL4 Engine demo during their presentation...
cucubelu, post: 86363, member: 15378 Wrote:And too many questions unanswered. Why wasn't Unreal4 engine mentioned with their "super console" speccs, and the fact that mentioned that PS Vita could stream games from your PS4... like how in the world can you stream hardcore demanding games to the VITA...
Nothing new there, onlive already does it. Games will be streamed like a video, using vita's buttons as input, it only uses hardware for simple process like streaming video integrated with local input. It can even be done with your phone. And Unreal engine was mentioned by game developers developing for ps4, it just has nothing to do with "specs", it's a software part.

cucubelu, post: 86363, member: 15378 Wrote:What about the promise of the super motion sensor they have been bragging about? The one that was supposed to revolutionize the industry again, making us a human joystick that takes it to a deeper level?
Well, that was just speculation, it was never officially announced, and I don't think it could really replace a joystick. I have no problem paying 500-600$ or whatever it would be once in a decade time.

cucubelu, post: 86363, member: 15378 Wrote:I am neutral towards consoles, and a PC gamer all the way, but I find some things in the presentation lacking. I just hope E3's XBOX presentation will knock our socks off, and be out of this world.

God I hope they are smart enough to use the breathtaking UNREAL4 Engine demo during their presentation...

I like consoles more, with the exception of counter strike for PC. I actually hate PC gaming other then CSS, makes me feel like I work because I'm stuck behind my monitor, I'm spoiled by the whole consolish appearance I guess, so it's just a personal opinion.
cucubelu, post: 86363, member: 15378 Wrote:What really surprised me to a negative effect is the "no backwards compatibility to older PS versions".

And too many questions unanswered. Why wasn't Unreal4 engine mentioned with their "super console" speccs, and the fact that mentioned that PS Vita could stream games from your PS4... like how in the world can you stream hardcore demanding games to the VITA...

What about the promise of the super motion sensor they have been bragging about? The one that was supposed to revolutionize the industry again, making us a human joystick that takes it to a deeper level?

XBOX 720 (or name tba) is at least most likely going to be backwards compatible which is what gamers these days are looking for. Now to waste x amount of money every new generation and making the old one's obsolete.

I am neutral towards consoles, and a PC gamer all the way, but I find some things in the presentation lacking. I just hope E3's XBOX presentation will knock our socks off, and be out of this world.

by backwards compatibility you mean that ps4 can play ps3 games?
I just want a ps console of some sort :3
cucubelu, post: 86363, member: 15378 Wrote:What really surprised me to a negative effect is the "no backwards compatibility to older PS versions".

I think you missed a good portion of the presentation early on. There is backwards compatibility to all other PS consoles, but through the bankai cloud technology that's going to be available on the PSN. Basically you'll be able to purchase PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on the PSN, be able to play them as they're downloading and every game has a 30min-1hr trial period you can try the full game with before purchasing.

And they did show a demo of Unreal 4 engine on the PS4.... you must've missed that.

And they did show the VITA playing PS4 games like Knack or whatever, and for that game especially it seemed to work really well.

I dont think anyone cares about a super motion sensor, they never bragged about having one and there wasn't any rumors about it O.o
ceddeeoo, post: 86393, member: 9052 Wrote:I think you missed a good portion of the presentation early on. There is backwards compatibility to all other PS consoles, but through the bankai cloud technology that's going to be available on the PSN. Basically you'll be able to purchase PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on the PSN, be able to play them as they're downloading and every game has a 30min-1hr trial period you can try the full game with before purchasing.

And they did show a demo of Unreal 4 engine on the PS4.... you must've missed that.

And they did show the VITA playing PS4 games like Knack or whatever, and for that game especially it seemed to work really well.

I dont think anyone cares about a super motion sensor, they never bragged about having one and there wasn't any rumors about it o_O

There was an interview with one of the developers a year ago that was talking about future motion detection on PS4. Was on IGN special, but I can't find it any more! Sad

Must have missed a lot more than, I was watching highlights on Youtube. IT is quite sad that people who own the PS1-3 games aren't able to send them in and get free copies of the cloud thingie my jig.

If Square Enix ever decides to revive and remake FF7 in an new engine (same premises, nothing added or changed) I would buy a console in a heartbeat. IF there is anything I miss it is the FF series more than anything. Last FF I bought was 8 in a big ass box from back in the day.
Pages: 1 2