Shoutbox archive
@rookoo well for starters we were the og "Canadiens", british subjects from the now US of A came up north, when they lost the war for independence. At the start they kept that title until they (the crown made them) tried to really assimilate "Canadiens" (French settlers descendants), which made us call ourselves "Canadiens français" (French Canadians), because "we" felt the need to distinguish ourselves from the English folks. Much later some independists, separatists or nationalists (whatever you want to call them really) wanted to make that distinction even further, since they didn't feel we were part of the "Canadian" nation (weirdly enough since we were the og ones, but i digress) so they (and now we) started to call ourselves Quebecers, from our province name's : Quebec (only majority french province in Canada now). That move was seen as a sort of betrayal by French canadians outside of Quebec (and i tend to agree with them). You can use any of these appellations to describe "my" people (French Canadians from Quebec), they are all technically correct, the vast majority won't care, if someone is pissed off because you called him canadian/canadien its because they are separatists (not that there is anything wrong with that). Acadians are really distinct from my province and is its own "nation", the cajun's you guys have in the swamps of Louisiana are descendents of a bunch of them that was deported by the crown way back in the war of conquest (7 years war), DO NOT call them Quebecers, from my experience Canadians or French Canadian is fine most of the time (again, if they are mad about it = separatists). There is also a fair amount of French communities in nearly all province and territories (like the Franco-Ontarians), but this has been long enough of a comment for the shoutbox.
me too
Bitches im back
how did Quebecers really become the proper plural?
if you'd read how everyday quebecers talks nowadays, you could probably understand 1/4 of it just because of all the english words and expression we use. Probably an other 1/4 cause most of our words in both language are borrowed from other languages and because english uses a lot of french terms as well.
because in my bastardized version of french, we use af a lot, well fuck in general, its basicly a part of our dialect now. But there is not really an equivalent for ass kisser.
😂
how does ben know what 'af' means but not what ass kisser means
My toes are beautiful Ben :’(
these toes are .... ugly af
@CaliSnipe I almost puked when i saw your pug profile pic Sad
You are fat , Ben aint 😉
Drago you’re fired ! How dare you cheat on me with Ben </3
😡
Stfu cali
How dare you to how daring me to how dare you!!! ;(
How dare you to how dare me ? ;(
Ben how dare you play without me ;(