(wL) Forums
Kill losing team on round end - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Kill losing team on round end (/thread-3333.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Kill losing team on round end - M. Bison - Aug 11 2011

I could make it determine whether they were going away from or towards the bomb site. It can also test the general distance. If you were attempting to get to the bomb you'll be safe. It can also detect general proximity of enemy forces and add that into the equation.

RE: Kill losing team on round end - Mr.Tea - Aug 11 2011

That sounds perfect.

The only thing is they might attempt to defuse, fight a lot and then run away when it clear they cannot defuse (i.e. penetrate the site).

RE: Kill losing team on round end - OwnageHN - Aug 11 2011

M. Bison Wrote:
OwnageHN Wrote:This defeats the point of the round limit timer and gaining money per round.  Mind as well turn the server into a 16k server if we shouldn't worry about money.
Negative, you get 200$$ per kill. It's better to charge in there in hopes of killing someone for money than not doing anything at all.

Try to get $200 per kill or save a $4750 weapon, $1000 armor, $200 kit, and $100s in grenades?  The money you get for the next round after dying still isn't enough to compensate for the money loss.

OwnageHN Wrote:
M. Bison Wrote:
OwnageHN Wrote:This defeats the point of the round limit timer and gaining money per round.  Mind as well turn the server into a 16k server if we shouldn't worry about money.
Negative, you get 200$$ per kill. It's better to charge in there in hopes of killing someone for money than not doing anything at all.

Try to get $200 per kill or save a $4750 weapon, $1000 armor, $200 kit, and $100s in grenades?  The money you get for the next round after dying still isn't enough to compensate for the money loss.

It takes 3 rnds to save for an awp from pistol rnd if you are losing every rnd.  Thats the added dimension on being on the losing team.  You have to manage your money.

Saving $6950 is a luxury to the winners.

RE: Kill losing team on round end - OwnageHN - Aug 11 2011

Mr.Tea Wrote:
OwnageHN Wrote:
M. Bison Wrote:

It takes 3 rnds to save for an awp from pistol rnd if you are losing every rnd.  Thats the added dimension on being on the losing team.  You have to manage your money.

Saving $6950 is a luxury to the winners.

It is not considered "saving" if you win the round without dying...

-Steps Away-

Slay to encourage aggressive, objective based game play.

RE: Kill losing team on round end - lin3ar - Aug 11 2011

joker8baller Wrote:I'd hate it and I think it would be a terrible move. There are times where you legitimately can't complete the objective and if you're money-fucked, it's better to save. There's also times where you get a bad call and you're told it's B and it's actually A.

There's also a reason why no server implements such a thing, and I have never seen anything like this in over 8 years of CS.

What happens if you're actually attempting to defuse the bomb, and but the Terrorists are good at delaying you? Same thing on CT maps? You're doing the objective, you shouldn't be slayed.

Exactly my reasons. No to this god awful idea.
We need to just leave the game alone and stop thinking about over 9000 different ways to "fix" things that are not broken.

RE: Kill losing team on round end - Riser - Aug 11 2011

helmut^ Wrote:Better idea. Eliminate 1 minute off of the round time.
This. As someone suggested earlier(cant remember, probably Ownage), set the time limit depending on the server population.

I always hated servers that slays for not completing the objective. Getting slayed while trying to rescue the hostages isn't cool. Plus it wouldn't really affect the others, since they'll still have to wait for the time to run out.

RE: Kill losing team on round end - M. Bison - Aug 11 2011

hostage Wrote:
helmut^ Wrote:Better idea. Eliminate 1 minute off of the round time.
This. As someone suggested earlier(cant remember, probably Ownage), set the time limit depending on the server population.

I always hated servers that slays for not completing the objective. Getting slayed while trying to rescue the hostages isn't cool. Plus it wouldn't really affect the others, since they'll still have to wait for the time to run out.
If you're trying to rescue hostages then there is no admin who will slay you. You really only get slayed for actively camping and weapon saving and that's why this plugin is up for votes too: http://war-lords.net/cs-suggestions/spe ... t-refunds/

RE: Kill losing team on round end - xFerior - Aug 11 2011

"hostage" saving hostages? Ironic :o