(wL) Forums
US servers - down? [EXPIRED] - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: US servers - down? [EXPIRED] (/thread-12528.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: US servers - down? [EXPIRED] - Sneaaaky Fucking Sniper - Feb 10 2014

Easy way to stop the attack would be to change the servers ip address? Find where the packages are coming from and ban his ip... But he's most likely using a proxy or a vpn. And how do you know its 30gbps? Thats a shit load, it cant be one guy doing it unless he's got a shit load of bandwidth.

RE: US servers - down? [EXPIRED] - Godzilla - Feb 10 2014

I was on that one after I posted this. I mainly posted this to see if it could help the owners know what they are dealing with (although I highly doubt that it helps too much).

Matt, post: 107129, member: 178 Wrote:It's even harder to find out who it is, most likely someone that's got banned or competing servers.
Possibly competing servers spider.

Has wL Experienced a major Ddos attack before?

Ive been playing on wl for over a year (71 days on 24/7 office alone) and I have never seen this before. Only sever resets and changes/updates. No major attacks from my view.

RE: US servers - down? [EXPIRED] - kk - Feb 10 2014

Sneaaaky Fucking Sniper, post: 107136, member: 17123 Wrote:Easy way to stop the attack would be to change the servers ip address? Find where the packages are coming from and ban his ip... But he's most likely using a proxy or a vpn. And how do you know its 30gbps? Thats a shit load, it cant be one guy doing it unless he's got a shit load of bandwidth.

Matt said it was a DDoS attack, meaning "Distributed Denial of Service". The attack is coming from multiple computers, but probably orchestrated by one person, likely using a botnet. This also means there is not just 1 IP to block. Just so you know Smile

kk, post: 107141, member: 4055 Wrote:Matt said it was a DDoS attack, meaning "Distributed Denial of Service". The attack is coming from multiple computers, but probably orchestrated by one person, likely using a botnet. This also means there is not just 1 IP to block.
Yeah i know, that's what i said.

I believe they are DDoS-ing it by un-authorizing or un-authenticating along with (in the words of bison) "just filling up our pipes"
[INDENT]^me trying to seem like I know what Im talking about.[/INDENT]

RE: US servers - down? [EXPIRED] - pTK - Feb 10 2014

Lets ddos all the other servers to get revenge!

pTK, post: 107145, member: 2725 Wrote:Lets ddos all the other servers to get revenge!
lol... This might be a bit of a hassle but maybe change hosts?