(wL) Forums
Anti Camp Plugin - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Anti Camp Plugin (/thread-8819.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - D O G K N O T S - Oct 02 2012

In addition, if it's toward the end of the round, and it's like 10 vs you, you have to camp really.

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - M. Bison - Oct 02 2012

If that ever ends up being the case then you deserve to be slayed. The likely scenarios leading to what you're describing don't look good. The players who find themselves in this situation did one of the following: walked off on their own; didn't follow the push or rush; baited/camped most of the round; took too long to rotate; and, decided on the long scenic route hoping that their team would hold out longer than they did. In all cases, the predicament is still entirely their fault.

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - ALING KURING SARI SARI STORE - Oct 02 2012

the reason people starting to votekick the camper is for the alive players to know that there is a camper and not to kick him. how many times did votekick actually kick the camper? it's a rarity. that's why this plug-in is actually good for the server but needed some time for tweaking and enhancement.

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - M. Bison - Oct 02 2012

ALING KURING SARI SARI STORE, post: 76521, member: 1732 Wrote:for the alive players to know that there is a camper
That's the best part of the plugin. The fact their enemies are aware of their location increases the likelihood of confrontation.

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - leo - Oct 02 2012

M. Bison, post: 76518, member: 359 Wrote:The losing team will rarely get money fucked.

That's pretty funny considering I start with a pistol most rounds my team loses.

M. Bison, post: 76518, member: 359 Wrote:If you're the last alive versus 15+ people, your chances are bad. You're holding up the game. At a certain point it becomes inconsiderate to camp/save considering the amount of people waiting on round_end.

I completely agree, but this situation is not as common on Popular Maps as you might think. Not enough to warrant the inconvenient plug-in, which I might add hasn't stopped anyone seriously since I saw it added.

M. Bison, post: 76518, member: 359 Wrote:I've seen a few campers start moving after it had triggered.

I saw it triggered twice today. Only one of the campers moved, and not very far. The other just moved enough to stop the harassment and went back to his spot.

M. Bison, post: 76518, member: 359 Wrote:Additionally, when it triggers, it informs the enemy of their weapon and location.

Again, wrecking tactical advantage.

M. Bison, post: 76518, member: 359 Wrote:Of course there's the people who still camp, however, they become easier to spot and punish for admins.

If they're really that inconvenient, they'll get spotted immediately. This average inconvenience is trivial.

M. Bison, post: 76518, member: 359 Wrote:I've already spotted a few campers who tried circumventing it in one way or another. I went ahead and slayed them. After doing that, they luckily got it and stopped. If they hadn't, they would've been removed. Their first warning was the plugin.

In all my 12 years of playing CS, I've never understood why people complain about campers so much. It's one thing when they're holding up the rest of the players on a pub (even that really doesn't bother me that much), but when they're playing the game legitimately and some tard feels the need to rush and get killed, it's totally different.

Take my criticism for what it is: a very regular player who dislikes this plug-in and hasn't seen it be effective enough to justify it's inconvenient use.

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - Gonffs - Oct 02 2012

No adding it to mg, it would ruin some of the gameplay.

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - BOTWALKIE - Oct 02 2012

I agree with all Bison's responses on this thread. The Anti-Camp is good and seems like its been tuned a little for the other day (Not sure if we did tune it)

There should be no camping in office, the only time I let campers get away is if the T's are rushing so fast that they are going to destroy them anyways, in which they deserve.

Nobody likes to sit and wait for one guy to run around the map, even if he has a chance to kill everyone. Do the OBJECTIVE and finish the game so we can continue to all have a good time.

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - lin3ar - Oct 02 2012

BOTWALKIE, post: 76539, member: 15037 Wrote:I agree with all Bison's responses on this thread. The Anti-Camp is good and seems like its been tuned a little for the other day (Not sure if we did tune it)

There should be no camping in office, the only time I let campers get away is if the T's are rushing so fast that they are going to destroy them anyways, in which they deserve.

Nobody likes to sit and wait for one guy to run around the map, even if he has a chance to kill everyone. Do the OBJECTIVE and finish the game so we can continue to all have a good time.

I'd say that at certain times it's permissible to strategically camp as long as it is clear that objective can and will be attempted. For example, I commonly camp front stairs on office when in a 1v5 or more situation when I'm flanked until I've taken out the nearby Ts and am still able to make a good attempt at or complete the objective. And as long as there are CTs inside building, it should be permissible for some CTs to watch the rear at garage (of course, people who abuse camping at the back of garage near boxes and long snipe after 1:00 should be slayed)

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - BOTWALKIE - Oct 02 2012

lin3ar, post: 76546, member: 795 Wrote:I'd say that at certain times it's permissible to strategically camp as long as it is clear that objective can and will be attempted. For example, I commonly camp front stairs on office when in a 1v5 or more situation when I'm flanked until I've taken out the nearby Ts and am still able to make a good attempt at or complete the objective. And as long as there are CTs inside building, it should be permissible for some CTs to watch the rear at garage (of course, people who abuse camping at the back of garage near boxes and long snipe after 1:00 should be slayed)

I agree with your statement. I would be ok with someone in the front stairs watching garage if they have other team players in the office still working on the objective but if you are sitting in the stairs at 1 min and your whole time is dead or only 2 guys are left but are far up I may give you a little slap to get you going first. I wouldnt just slay unless it was multiple times.

The anti-camp will kick in only if you are sitting there and not really moving. If you are looking around then you wont get hit by it so check your corners.

RE: Anti Camp Plugin - Lieutenant Josh - Oct 02 2012

You guys do realize there is like a very very simplistic way to avoid the plugin right?