(wL) Forums
Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Lobby (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding (/thread-1071.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding - Matt - Apr 12 2011

So yeah it seems we've purchased a new server O_O.

Sandy bridge i7 2600, 4/8HT cores at 3.4ghz
8GB DDR3 ram
1x 500gb sata II hdd
5TB Bandwidth

We couldn't decide what servers to drop/merge for another popular maps server so we decided to buy another server. Post some suggestions on what you'd like to see. It should allow us to host another 8 servers without any performance issues.

These servers don't have to be limited to CSS I guess, but only popular games will be considered.

Right now the definates are:
#10: War Maps

Suggestions/Unsure:
#11: 24/7 Dust2 Deathmatch
#12: 24/7 Dust
#13: 24/7 Office
#14: ???
#15: ???
#16: ???
#17: ???

RE: Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding - xFerior - Apr 12 2011

one word: Awesomeness Big Grin!!!!

RE: Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding - BARCODE - Apr 12 2011

Another reason for me to skip work...hehehehe..im so excited..i just can't hide it.. ;D

RE: Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding - Anonymous - Apr 12 2011

Office - all the way=) #13

But yeah i think a 24/7 D2 should be a definite. But what i want to know is, are you going to allow AWPs on it?

RE: Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding - Matt - Apr 12 2011

Probably how it is on the other servers. 1 AWP and 1 Auto per team.

[/hr]Post Merge: [time]1302614631[/time]
[/hr]
Maybe a server dedicated for a tournament server is in order?

Matt Wrote:Probably how it is on the other servers. 1 AWP and 1 Auto per team.

Maybe a server dedicated for a tournament server is in order?

o_O
Even on a deathmatch server? Where someone can simply choose the option "Same Weapons every time" . That will mean whoever chooses AWP first will have it for the entire game. I think we should allow AWPs for this deathmatch server. If many people complain, then it can be removed.

Sure the tournament idea sounds great to me.

RE: Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding - Sporkis - Apr 12 2011

Could you please make 1 of the new servers a $16000 startmoney, unlimited amount of awps+all weapons to buy server on de_maps...

Like a COMPETATIVE LEAGUE map practice server.

de_dust2
de_nuke
de_train
de_cbble
de_chateau
de_piranesi
de_villa
de_season
de_rush
de_tuscan
de_contra
de_crane
de_cpl_mill
de_cpl_strike
de_cpl_fire

How about another 1 a private War Lords !, w-l.net, and other CLAN ONLY team private server where teams can come to play eachother. Im sure i could get people to come play there. Teams and Clan players only. You wouldnt necessarily need to have multiple of your members in there, but you would need to be tagged with something in order to play there and just have it like a normal rotation? I dont know...just trying to think of what u can do with all these servers. Thats a lot of servers.

Maybe 1 could be an sv_cheats 1 enabled, for you know what O_O!

How about 1 of them you can make like a warmup round server...1 round its all grenades, another its all deagles, another its all knives, another its all ak47, another its all awps, another its all mp5's...and so on...but everyone has them per round and u cant buy anything different...that would be pretty fun i think.

[/hr]Post Merge: [time]1302637248[/time]
[/hr]
i also remember there being some type of battlefield mod too that you could use where u would take certain spawn points and push. kind of like king of the hill but you have to take over as many spots as you can. theres a flag there and u have to hold it for so long and such. forget what the mod was called, i know they had it prior to css, dunno about source tho..

[/hr]Post Merge: [time]1302637402[/time]
[/hr]
maybe put one of them as a normal rotation server but a limited ping allowed...so nobody over like 80 ping can join or something. just throwing ideas out there like i said. or a TOURNAMENT SERVER that offers rewards every few months..weeks, or whatever. could also have an Adults Server. i dunnoo....gogogogogo

RE: Surprise Surprise War-Lords is expanding - vietnameeh - Apr 12 2011

Man war-lords is moving up

so far i like all the suggestions, $16000 start money is always popular

how about some no flash? that can reel in even more people.... like me Smile ( my eyes hurt) haha

Hmmm one of the servers having a $16000? Do you guys mean every round or just at the start of the game?