(wL) Forums
Inconclusive Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Player Reports (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Inconclusive Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) (/thread-17054.html)

Pages: 1 2

Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Fireball - Oct 23 2017

Most of these these guys refuse to hear calls (unignore ppl who call everything they can all game), sit AFK in spawn 3 rounds and refuse to make a single call while present and not muted (sauce/cookie), yolo with bomb/yolo solo (avanti) while ignoring everyone, refuse to communicate own location when asked repeatedly so can be covered properly, then go too far out ladder and die to CT trying to get location on, followed by histrionic, gaslighting, blatantly fabricating tantrum (Rabbit). Three of them (until cookie left, who spoke once that I recall) wouldn't comm, give location, or come to cleared site. It is an absolutely toxic playstyle that forces people to either die for them, accomplishing nothing (since several won't follow up), or stay out of their "drowning-person" zone and try to help otherwise. They (3) literally would not communicate or strongly push (OR camp) and pretended after the fact that it was anything but cargo-cult, going-through-the-motions play.

Followed by votekick (requires 7, remember). I was even top of team until people decided to solo pub even harder (and cookie quit out after "griefing"). 

Then I join 5 minutes later and they votekick instantly. While 3 of them are griefing, yoloing solo, refusing to give any callout/info or cover/push/flank. Absolutely toxic playstyle coupled with zero integrity. If you're going to camp, camp. If you're going to push, push. But don't play cowardly-solo unwilling to let anybody do a job for you or cover your flank then throw them under the bus/blame them for 3-4 people playing dysfunctionally.

E.g. I plant the bomb after killing 3 guys, clutching 1v2+ in 2sk-full each of the two, and White Ranger starts abusing me with baseless obscene epithets for not picking up the CT auto sniper 15-20 feet away--while I am just getting through what happened, hands are shaking from hardly any energy--and when I just gave everybody bomb money *and* won the round

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - vivixxcore - Oct 23 2017

Do you say or do anything toxic to them ?

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Caillou - Oct 24 2017

I was in that pug and the initial kick was due to the usual sitting in the corner and talking trash and not playing obj or working with team, etc.  In my opinion, the first kick was a lot more legitimate than the second one, but I think that both were warranted in one way or another (I can see where they were coming from for the second kick but it was probably unnecessary). I can't vouch for  what happened on his team as I was on the other but many on my team agreed with the kick due to past toxic behavior and per request of the other team.

Avanti always yolo/solos the bomb for bomb plant money which can be beneficial depending on the situation, but he usually means well. Cookie was never one who used the mic too often and rabbit can throw fits that appear to be tantrums but most of the time he is just joshing.

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Fireball - Oct 24 2017

You are a toxic, immature, agenda-seeking busybody. You were on the other team, so your word is immediately in question. You speak and do only what serves yourself. Quit making lame, platitude excuses for them, think, and speak intelligently. You have no integrity, and I think anyone with a little experience should see through your childish attempts at manipulation.

Cookie is one of the least restrained players when he wants to say something and will let hardly anything restrain himself until he feels he's said enough. You have practically no part in this and you secretly (look at chat log) vkicked the guy who was leading the team for a long time. That is childish, pathetic, and quite transparently under pretext. These are pathetic, vacuous generalizations. He directly *LIES* about what actually happens and, after refusing to communicate any information he *knows* ("Are you in tunnels?" "I need to know, are you in tunnels, or SA1?"), suicides out of ladder while I am waiting for--of course, YOU; you are completely in conflict of interest and dishonest--to come out of SA1, or at least know where he is so I can peek, then--after people throw each other under the bus, including me, all game--has the wherewithall to announce I am "the last one" every round. Whether by choice or not, that is another story, but getting away from toxic, chaotic, unreliable, uncommunicative, unconstructive play is a "proper" thing to do.

@Viv You are known as a quarrel-seeker, but there is a difference between "speaking toxically" and indignation after asking numerous times for communication, teamwork, information, action, decisiveness (sit or go), to cease fail-baiting and abandoning people who set up to cover one's flank; dying when planting surrounded / "covered" by 4 ppl who won't even watch cat while hiding cubby, etc. Do you all know what body language is? This isn't a unique scrim in the last 24h, people did this last night and some of this team were on the Inferno team I subbed onto when they needed a player--bad mistake. People behaved one way, but spoke as if they were behaving another way. At least Ranger was pushing and trying to accomplish something. We had no plan, even to do something funny to entertain ourselves as a team, and vacillated between things.

No, 1) *always* yoloing * is not beneficial at all except when it's a 45vs45 round and the people he's playing against cannot even outplay him or his team is good enough to beat them anyway, and 2) he doesn't always do this, but lately. Maybe he's tired, or drunk, at least he can tell us what's up and not take bomb up cat alone to die while we clear short and B long. That's beside the point and a very small matter.

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Jesse W. - Oct 24 2017

haha @ cargo cult...

i like avanti but i find his somewhat often impulse to mislead all of his teammates and then run alone to the other bombsite is a rather faggy thing to do.

but yea- it's a shame that the people you are reporting in this thread seem to have chosen to essentially throw multiple rounds/the match & votekick abuse because some of them got a little butthurt over your trash talking. my advice is to not underestimate the mob mentality and breakneck pace at which war lords puggers can just randomly decide to extrajudicially punish and cause abuse to whoever they're feeling like on a whim, ruining the entire match and gaming experience for the person who is the primary target of their misdeeds plus all of the people on the opposing team who are expecting a 5v5 comp-ish map, not 5v1 + 4 griefers

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Crusader - Oct 24 2017

(Oct 24 2017, 01:07 AM)Fireball Wrote: You are a toxic, immature, agenda-seeking busybody. You on that team, you speak and act only what serves yourself. Quit making lame, platitude excuses for them, think, and speak intelligently. You have no integrity, and I think anyone with a little experience should see through your childish attempts at manipulation.

Cookie is one of the least restrained players when he wants to say something and will let it rip until he's said enough. You have practically no part in this and you secretly (look at chat log) vkicked the guy who was leading the team for a long time. That is childish, pathetic, and quite transparently under pretext. These are pathetic, vacuous generalizations. He directly *LIES* about what actually happens and, after refusing to communicate any information he *knows* ("Are you in tunnels?" "I need to know, are you in tunnels, or SA1?"), suicides out of ladder while I am waiting for--of course, YOU; you are completely in conflict of interest and dishonest--to come out of SA1, or at least know where he is so I can peek, then--after people throw each other under the bus, including me, all game--has the wherewithall to announce I am "the last one" every round. Whether by choice or not, that is another story, but getting away from toxic, chaotic, unreliable, uncommunicative, unconstructive play is a "proper" thing to do.

@Viv You are known as a quarrel-seeker, but there is a difference between "speaking toxically" and indignation after asking numerous times for communication, teamwork, information, action, decisiveness (sit or go), to cease fail-baiting and abandoning people who set up to cover one's flank; dying when planting surrounded / "covered" by 4 ppl who won't even watch cat while hiding cubby, etc. Do you all know what body language is? This isn't a unique scrim in the last 24h, people did this last night and some of this team were on the Inferno team I subbed onto when they needed a player--bad mistake. People behaved one way, but spoke as if they were behaving another way. At least Ranger was pushing and trying to accomplish something. We had no plan, even to do something funny to entertain ourselves as a team, and vacillated between things.

No, yoloing *always* is not beneficial at all except when it's a 45vs45 round and the people he's playing against cannot even outplay him or his team is good enough to clean up anyway. Maybe he's tired, or drunk, at least he can tell us what's up and not take bomb up cat alone to die while we clear short and B long. That's beside the point and a very small matter.

Can you post the demo link for the this Pug

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Jesse W. - Oct 24 2017

(Oct 24 2017, 01:07 AM)Fireball Wrote: serves yourself

@Viv You are known as a quarrel-seeker

1- warlords players and self-serving go hand in hand, inseparable, ur in for a rude awakening if you havent realized this yet

2- he will lie & deny, and lie & deny. vivix is a master of circular logic and willful ignorance, i wouldn't even waste any more of your time taking his bait and writing x amount of text addressed to him if i were u

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - sheev - Oct 24 2017

you deserve to get votekicked out of every match... you literally just cry and moan the whole time about your teammates “dumb plays” and contribute nothing, blaming your teammates when something goes wrong or when you mess up. if you’re gonna be a dick at least be good at the game but you’re not even that.

theres a really good reason why something like 2/3 of the regular players in the community have you ignored. is it really any wonder people keep kicking you from matches when you antagonize your entire team in chat and over the mic, and that’s all you do?

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Fireball - Oct 24 2017

Everything up to @Viv was in reply to the prior C. post.

Ben- already set the precedent about single kicks not strictly being "abuse". (There are, however, other admins who hand out bans for giving people justice or a small taste of their own medicine, while these go free.) Doing it a second time, and premeditating a third, however, is not simply single.

That's all this legally boils down to. Personal things you should keep out. If you act like a jerk (C.), troll, spam chat with full-width binds to people who have you ignored, play like a douchebag, don't wonder why people ping on that. Edit: And oh yeah, their 5th quit out, after auto-balance, and as I predicted (and as usual) some 14er joins their side and no balancing occurs. And this was before it was live, iirc. If that was me--and I have done this before--I would have asked to switch with the bottom guy (like Meow or Spider). If i had 5 ping and had eaten that day, even more so.

------

Further from the demo: Rabbit rabidly spams mic hysterically giving no info, so I have to ignore him to ACTUALLY play. Instead of focusing on the game, he continues to focus on THIS--necessitated by him--and then rants, whines, and **gaslights** over mic when I do unignore him. In a great irony, he then squeals how *I" am "not letting him play" because of using voice a few times at their very provocation.

If you know anything about this game and team-based comp games beyond me-solo-I-don't-care-about-anybody play, you know what "tilting" means and how getting near vortexes of this kind of I-don't-care-about-anybody-and-have-no-principle gets you killed for no reason, and you will see we have 50% no-clearances, no team initiation except ugh-me-random-pub-and-anyone-else-is-my-fodder, toxic insanity, no waiting, and then the insane hypocritical blame game--while not making any coordinated steps and forcing people to get away from you or make them fail instead of waiting for the timing (rotation/squeaky e.g.).

Listen to the audio on the other team. They say "Hey I'm down to kick" for no reason whatsoever, then they gleefully chatter to do it a second time when I just join the server. Then they talk about "even losing so I can do it" a third time.

Ranger is xenophobic, spoiled, and baselessly abusive (not entirely unrelated), but at least he was playing. I call people out for not committing to either doing nothing/lulzing or doing something together

----
Even better, Stabbing proceeds to tell them how he would kill me/"beat the shit out of" me if he were to meet me in real life--in deep irony, a few days later after telling me "how nice a guy" he is.

---

I play a *lot* in a very low energy, disabled state, and often so people have a game to play instead of waiting for more ppl, or sub in for losing teams (very lately, and previously all the time). If you want to see relatively normal play with mostly-non-throwing players who *want* to get things done, go back a page and look at the Cache, etc. scrims from last night with Bluefire, Gucci, etc.

If some people are this incapable of trying not to play like cattle clambering over one another to "survive" (whatever that ultimately means), then I simply don't have to start a scrim for them. They can wait and wait and I will go take the dog out, stop the rice from overcooking, use the bathroom (get kicked on 3rd pug b/c have to wee, no sub. Toxic?), and go outside.

---

Here:

https://war-lords.net/pugs/61548
https://war-lords.net/pugs/61547

RE: Vote-kick abuse (re-use after 5 minutes expired and joining spec) - Hamaerox - Oct 24 2017

(Oct 23 2017, 10:11 PM)Fireball Wrote: Most of these these guys refuse to hear calls (unignore ppl who call everything they can all game), sit AFK in spawn 3 rounds and refuse to make a single call while present and not muted (sauce/cookie), yolo with bomb/yolo solo (avanti) while ignoring everyone, refuse to communicate own location when asked repeatedly so can be covered properly, then go too far out ladder and die to CT trying to get location on, followed by histrionic, gaslighting, blatantly fabricating tantrum (Rabbit). Three of them (until cookie left, who spoke once that I recall) wouldn't comm, give location, or come to cleared site. It is an absolutely toxic playstyle that forces people to either die for them, accomplishing nothing (since several won't follow up), or stay out of their "drowning-person" zone and try to help otherwise. They (3) literally would not communicate or strongly push (OR camp) and pretended after the fact that it was anything but cargo-cult, going-through-the-motions play.

Followed by votekick (requires 7, remember). I was even top of team until people decided to solo pub even harder (and cookie quit out after "griefing"). 

Then I join 5 minutes later and they votekick instantly. While 3 of them are griefing, yoloing solo, refusing to give any callout/info or cover/push/flank. Absolutely toxic playstyle coupled with zero integrity. If you're going to camp, camp. If you're going to push, push. But don't play cowardly-solo unwilling to let anybody do a job for you or cover your flank then throw them under the bus/blame them for 3-4 people playing dysfunctionally.

E.g. I plant the bomb after killing 3 guys, clutching 1v2+ in 2sk-full each of the two, and White Ranger starts abusing me with baseless obscene epithets for not picking up the CT auto sniper 15-20 feet away--while I am just getting through what happened, hands are shaking from hardly any energy--and when I just gave everybody bomb money *and* won the round

Nothing described in this post constitutes any type of punishment, Nor does it warrant me to go digging for the PUG you are talking about let alone sit and watch an hour match.  Please refer to our   Report Guidelines and follow them the next time you report a player.