(wL) Forums
Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Chat (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? (/thread-2583.html)

Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - Shpati - Jul 12 2011

The little icon/picture to the left of your name, it usually is an icon of a terrorist or counter-terrorist.  My problem is mine is different from everybody else.  Not even sure what it is.

Is there a way you can change that picture to the default or any other icon I would like to put.?

I tried searching it on the web, but all they give you is how to make your own spray or headshot icon.

RE: Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - xFerior - Jul 12 2011

You mean on the scoreboard? That icon corresponds to your steam avatar. If you have non-steam, however, i believe it sets it to the default terrorist or whatever :Smile

RE: Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - Shpati - Jul 12 2011

xFerior Wrote:You mean on the scoreboard? That icon corresponds to your steam avatar. If you have non-steam, however, i believe it sets it to the default terrorist or whatever :Smile

Yea on the scoreboard.  I do have a non-steam CS:S, but it still gives me some weird picture instead of the default terrorist/counter terrorist.

RE: Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - xFerior - Jul 12 2011

Not sure what you mean. Take a screen shot.

RE: Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - Shpati - Jul 12 2011

xFerior Wrote:Not sure what you mean. Take a screen shot.

Alright, here it is. The icon I have has a red circle around it. I put a green square border around the default ones (how I would prefer if mine looked like).

Keep in mind that I do not use steam. I tried 2 different downloads of this game. The one given on this website and another a different one (think a Russian uploaded). Both versions, let me connect to the same servers, but both give 2 different icons. On some servers I get the default icon.

Thanks for your help.

RE: Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - M. Bison - Jul 13 2011

It's probably one of the tga files scattered around in the folders. Anyways, I don't think it really matters if you change or not. Regardless of whether you do, other people cannot see the image you set, they instead see that default terrorist image.

RE: Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - mar_heave - Jul 13 2011

yap, i use setti non steam css, and I get that too,
actually I don't mind with that avatar...no problemo

RE: Ingame icon next to name, different from everyone's elses, how to change it? - Shpati - Jul 13 2011

Thank you everyone.