(wL) Forums
The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Flame or Admire (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. (/thread-3901.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. - silly - Sep 15 2011

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlqlQ_lf5x8[/youtube] <-- Seem familiar?
Personally, I don't count bhopping as a legitimate part of css, it frustrates whenever I see it, and it saddens me that it's become so integrated into the game. Summed up, bhopping is just players leaping/semi-gliding around maps, often at speeds which cause the bhopper to become virtually impossible to hit. I find the whole notion ridiculous, and truly can't understand why it's so commonly tolerated, accepted and even encouraged. Does anyone else agree? 

For the bunnyhoppers, I'm not unreasonable, so if you can provide a convincing argument which advocates the use of bhops, I'll be willing to concede the point.

RE: The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. - joker8baller - Sep 15 2011

It's a part of the game and something that hasn't been prevented throughout the updates, =P.

RE: The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. - Bah - Sep 15 2011

L2BHOP Hater.

RE: The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. - silly - Sep 15 2011

joker8baller Wrote:It's a part of the game and something that hasn't been prevented throughout the updates, =P.

Thanks for the fast reply joker Wink

Purposeful teamflashing and abusive mic spamming sometimes take place in the game, but that doesn't mean that they are acceptable. Moreover, In my opinion bhopping is simply the manipulation of buggy game physics. I honestly doubt that it was the intention of the game developers to allow such a feature into css. It probably hasn't been prevented because they are unable to do so without significantly changing/damaging the physics of the game.

In addition, b-hopping ignores the whole point of realism. As far as I'm concerned, css is supposed to be a  a realistic game (yeah I know shooting an awp just after landing would be pretty much impossible in real life, but yeah...).

Hi Bah,

"L2BHOP Hater."

Well, I am more of a strong disliker (I don't mind bhopping in funmap/surf type servers, but I do prefer to not have bhoppers in normal maps). Also, I did try learning to bhop for about 5 minutes, 'though I was pretty terrible to be honest.

RE: The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. - joker8baller - Sep 15 2011

The purposeful teamflashing and abusive mic spamming are simply unfixable. B-hopping is, with the server settings of sv_airaccelerate of 100 or more, b-hop is enabled, not to mention that their is a sv_ command for b-hopping.

RE: The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. - silly - Sep 15 2011

joker8baller Wrote:The purposeful teamflashing and abusive mic spamming are simply unfixable. B-hopping is, with the server settings of sv_airaccelerate of 100 or more, b-hop is enabled

Does changing sv_airaccelerate to 100 or more affect gameplay in any other noticeable way (apart from allowing bhopping)? And isn't the default setting 10?

joker8baller Wrote:not to mention that their is a sv_ command for b-hopping.

Wow, I had no idea :O What is this command, And what does it do?

No. Most servers have it at the default. 100 is typically only found for air strafing on say surf_ or scoutzknivez, both custom maps.

It sets the necessary parameters for bunnyhopping.

joker8baller Wrote:No. Most servers have it at the default. 100 is typically only found for air strafing on say surf_ or scoutzknivez, both custom maps.

It sets the necessary parameters for bunnyhopping.

Interesting. Well, it seems like it is a geniune part of the game after all. But sv_cheats, r_drawothermodels, and noclip are also part of the game.

I have no problem with bhopping in surf maps, although I love scoutzknivez, but I like it most with 800 gravity, and presumedly 10 airaccelerate.

But I know how popular low grav scoutzknivez is!

Pardon, it's sm_bhop I believe, dunno why I put sv_

o0. Scoutzknivez under those settings? You can't even get on top of most places! lol. I can't play it without 200 grav and air accelerate to 100. Otherwise once you go up in the air, you're screwed.

RE: The thread of exceptional dislike which is directed towards bunnyhopping. - Bah - Sep 15 2011

Man, atleast you know MOST bhopping if not ALL is legit because the servers have blocked certain commands needed to make a bhop script.