(wL) Forums
Ranking system - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Ranking system (/thread-6329.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ranking system - Platform - Feb 21 2012

The ranking system on the MG server has turned many players, including my self into more of a competitive player.

Because of this system, course maps are rarely played. If it does get picked, it gets RTVd QUICK.

Smee Tower, Ski mountain, and other similar maps are always chosen.

I'm curious, how many of you guys would like to see it removed?

RE: Ranking system - i cri everytiem - Feb 21 2012

hey platform, welcome to the forum man!
Also I dont really know what could be done for it, but its true course maps aren't being played much because of the points..

RE: Ranking system - Platform - Feb 21 2012

DRUNK_KILLER Wrote:hey platform, welcome to the forum man!

Thanks Big Grin

RE: Ranking system - Cas Beep Beep Im A Jeep - Feb 21 2012

Not really. i think ranking is a great idea, it gives more competition which is fun. courses maps are rarely played, i agree. but it's like that for every MG servers. Most of MG servers only play Multigames maps or smee&ski_mountain.

I'll be honest, i'm addicted to my points, my goal is to be ranked #1 on the MG server. but whenever the map get switched to a course map, i play it, even tough i know i'll loose a lot of points.

i think an good idea would be to turn off points whenever it switches to a course map because you can't gain points in that type of map + players dies a lot in a course map.

on a side note, if you have any suggestions for the MG server or would like to have new maps added.
click this link ---> http://war-lords.net/suggestions/mg-suggestions

RE: Ranking system - Platform - Feb 21 2012

Turning off points on course maps wouldn't be a bad idea really.

RE: Ranking system - Bloodlust Hero - Feb 21 2012

This topic is invalid. The reason we don't play course maps, like prison for example, is because we respawn now. Instead of waiting for the next round after you die and laughing at whose left by the entertaining way that they die, we're forced to constantly respawn and get irritated by deaths.

Not only that, but multiple course maps are broken to a point where everyone will have several hundred deaths at certain parts, instead of the spawn killing you once from closing, you will continue to respawn and your deaths will continue to rise. I usually switch everyone to spectator, except those who are farther and not getting spawnkilled, of course.

You see, in the older days. We all entertained each other and laughed as each other, enjoying our one life per round on the course maps. This goes for the old office map as well. But as I stated before, now that we continuously respawn, the maps are irritating and no one wants to play them. It has nothing to do with points, I know that for sure. Although, there are some players only care about the points. 

Although, course maps should disable the ranking system of course, it only makes sense. I just replied to list the real problem of why we dont play them.

RE: Ranking system - Platform - Feb 22 2012

Bloodlust Hero Wrote:This topic is invalid. The reason we don't play course maps, like prison for example, is because we respawn now. Instead of waiting for the next round after you die and laughing at whose left by the entertaining way that they die, we're forced to constantly respawn and get irritated by deaths.

Not only that, but multiple course maps are broken to a point where everyone will have several hundred deaths at certain parts, instead of the spawn killing you once from closing, you will continue to respawn and your deaths will continue to rise. I usually switch everyone to spectator, except those who are farther and not getting spawnkilled, of course.

You see, in the older days. We all entertained each other and laughed as each other, enjoying our one life per round on the course maps. This goes for the old office map as well. But as I stated before, now that we continuously respawn, the maps are irritating and no one wants to play them. It has nothing to do with points, I know that for sure. Although, there are some players only care about the points. 

Although, course maps should disable the ranking system of course, it only makes sense. I just replied to list the real problem of why we dont play them.
-___- I totally forgot about course maps being broken on this server with spawns. Didn't a CS:S update did this with spawns?

RE: Ranking system - SpartanOnLSD - Feb 22 2012

its a setting on the server that we would have to get fixed i think.

RE: Ranking system - RED7EAGLE - Feb 22 2012

Quote:I'll be honest, i'm addicted to my points, my goal is to be ranked #1 on the MG server.
u wish...jk lol good luck Smile
and i play course maps sometimes when im bored from gun maps so it's not a big deal.

RE: Ranking system - Tomix <3 ♥Madelaine♥ - Feb 22 2012

RED7EAGLE Wrote:
Quote:I'll be honest, i'm addicted to my points, my goal is to be ranked #1 on the MG server.
u wish...jk lol good luck Smile
and i play course maps sometimes when im bored from gun maps so it's not a big deal.

He's always mad when they steal him 12 points.