(wL) Forums
Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team (/thread-6922.html)

Pages: 1 2

Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - so shut up BOI - Apr 21 2012

I'm in the pop maps server and there is a biiiiiig debate (more like a pointless squabble) over someone being slayed for trying to save an awp.

Why not get the plugin (I've seen it on other servers), that slays all the members of the losing team.

BAM no more issues

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - Assassin - Apr 21 2012

there are cases where saving the awp is acceptable like 1 vs 9 or 1 vs 8, i heard an admin say that, and i dont think thats a good idea to use such a plugin.

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - lin3ar - Apr 21 2012

Plugin is too indiscriminate. We aren't a 16k cash every round server that makes saving obsolete. There are instances where it is perfectly acceptable to save and not attempt the objective.

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - so shut up BOI - Apr 21 2012

lin3ar Wrote:Plugin is too indiscriminate. We aren't a 16k cash every round server that makes saving obsolete. There are instances where it is perfectly acceptable to save and not attempt the objective.

Now I dont use the awp ever so it's really a 'whatever' issue for me, but IF there are perfectly acceptable instances, you guys (admins/staff) should clue Mr Tea in on whatever those might be. He doesnt seem to care about these exceptions.

but again, thanks for taking the time to answer!

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - lin3ar - Apr 21 2012

Interpretation is at the discretion of whatever admin present.

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - Spartacus - Apr 22 2012

Yeap, but as far as I can remember, Tea does a good job of slaying useless idiots.

I can tell whether a last player is gonna get slayed whenever Tea is in the game with me.

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - i cri everytiem - Apr 22 2012

Spartacus Wrote:Yeap, but as far as I can remember, Tea does a good job of slaying useless idiots.

I can tell whether a last player is gonna get slayed whenever Tea is in the game with me.
+1

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - Masterful1 - Apr 22 2012

Spartacus Wrote:Yeap, but as far as I can remember, Tea does a good job of slaying useless idiots.

Another +1

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - Mr.Tea - Apr 22 2012

so shut up BOI Wrote:
lin3ar Wrote:Plugin is too indiscriminate. We aren't a 16k cash every round server that makes saving obsolete. There are instances where it is perfectly acceptable to save and not attempt the objective.

Now I dont use the awp ever so it's really a 'whatever' issue for me, but IF there are perfectly acceptable instances, you guys (admins/staff) should clue Mr Tea in on whatever those might be. He doesnt seem to care about these exceptions.

but again, thanks for taking the time to answer!

First you want me to be Clued in by the interpretation of the rule? 

Most of the confusion comes in on this rule because you can save your weapon, but you have to attempt the objectives.  I.E. Not running away and hiding on a corner of the map.  I know what instant you are talking about.  The bomb was planted it was a 1vs6 and the ct awper just ran the opposite objective and hid in a corner.  After I told him in admin chat that there was no bomb site in T spwn and asked him to do the objectives.

The player wouldn't have been slayed if he would have moved towards the objective (bomb plant).  If he would have bumped into an enemy and fought it out, but then ran to avoid blast damage from the bomb he would not have been slayed.

If players are doing a sincere effort of trying to play the objectives it is not an issue.  Plug-in isn't necessary, people should be courteous of other players. 

There is now a money plug-in that helps a losing team.  When people save there awps it is so they get it next round.  I wouldn't mind a plugin that refunds money if they fail objectives.  To allow the awp savers to lose it.

I would suggest that players get clue into MOTD before playing the game.  Maybe we need a check the box on the motd to allow it to close before entering the game. 
Quote:Ignoring game objectives.
  It doesn't say failing objectives; it says ignoring.

RE: Plugin that Slays the Losing Team - Moriarty - Apr 22 2012

http://war-lords.net/abuse-problems/ruplayer-6249/

This is... oh just read it.