(wL) Forums
Forgetting how to play - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Chat (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Forgetting how to play (/thread-7467.html)

Pages: 1 2

Forgetting how to play - Joe Gotti - Jun 03 2012

Hi, some of you have probably noticed that if you dont play in a while you forget how to play. This is happened to me like two days ago but then yesterday i felt like i was palying like a pro and decent score too. But today its seems like i dont know how to play properly again its like one day im good the other im bad can anybody explain to me why that happens and how to make it stop?

RE: Forgetting how to play - chun - Jun 03 2012

Joe Gotti Wrote:Hi, some of you have probably noticed that if you dont play in a while you forget how to play. This is happened to me like two days ago but then yesterday i felt like i was palying like a pro and decent score too. But today its seems like i dont know how to play properly again its like one day im good the other im bad can anybody explain to me why that happens and how to make it stop?

i used to feel like that all the time in my earlier days of css, a week break made me terrible but sometimes a month break made me great. honestly i think a lot of css turns into muscle memory and coordination. whenever i play and get a quick shot i dont even think about it, my brain just kinda does it... and i myself am quick shocked sometimes. if you want consistency. just continue to play the game and improve! play challenging opponents and get yourselves into 10mans and scrims! start learning to play smarter and better and you will become more consistent ! Work on things like strafe shooting, controlling your recoil and spray, getting good angles and making smart peeks while not overpeeking. play with sound and listen a lot! watch others play and if they do something good, try to mimic it the next time your in the same position. use flashes and nades more and lets be honest, aiming is tough to do sometimes, a lot of my own skill comes from predicting where my enemies are and preparing for the kill. gotta outsmart the opponent and get the upper hand. its kinda like sports, get the high percentage look and you'll get the kill most of the time!

RE: Forgetting how to play - i cri everytiem - Jun 03 2012

^Pro tips right there!

RE: Forgetting how to play - Eternal - Jun 03 2012

Joe Gotti Wrote:Hi, some of you have probably noticed that if you dont play in a while you forget how to play. This is happened to me like two days ago but then yesterday i felt like i was palying like a pro and decent score too. But today its seems like i dont know how to play properly again its like one day im good the other im bad can anybody explain to me why that happens and how to make it stop?

Sit on your computer for a good 72 hours. Maybe an occasional glass of water, small bite to eat, and just maybe, a potty break. No bathing.

RE: Forgetting how to play - Assassin - Jun 03 2012

chun Wrote:

i used to feel like that all the time in my earlier days of css, a week break made me terrible but sometimes a month break made me great. honestly i think a lot of css turns into muscle memory and coordination. whenever i play and get a quick shot i dont even think about it, my brain just kinda does it... and i myself am quick shocked sometimes. if you want consistency. just continue to play the game and improve! play challenging opponents and get yourselves into 10mans and scrims! start learning to play smarter and better and you will become more consistent ! Work on things like strafe shooting, controlling your recoil and spray, getting good angles and making smart peeks while not overpeeking. play with sound and listen a lot! watch others play and if they do something good, try to mimic it the next time your in the same position. use flashes and nades more and lets be honest, aiming is tough to do sometimes, a lot of my own skill comes from predicting where my enemies are and preparing for the kill. gotta outsmart the opponent and get the upper hand. its kinda like sports, get the high percentage look and you'll get the kill most of the time!

I gotta say chun you are a good css teacher, i got better thanks to so first i say thank you for that, and let me add to what you said its also dependent on the mood sometime if the player is  bored from playing the game too much then he wont do good.

RE: Forgetting how to play - Spartacus - Jun 03 2012

Not to forget exercise.physical exercise. Improves concentration and mental endurance.

RE: Forgetting how to play - _RemiX - Jun 03 2012

I'll show you a few things and you will laugh because the answer is the same for them all.

Q - How do I get better aim?
A - Play with your particular sensitivity more. (repetition)

Q - How do I get better with using my grenades?
A - Go to a empty server and practice throwing them. (repetition)

Q - How do I get more consistent with my play?
A - To get more consistent you need to be persistently playing. (repetition)

It's like sports. You won't be the best Basketball shooter the first time you pick it up. It takes time. That's the best advice I could give to anyone about playing this game.

RE: Forgetting how to play - Yuuki <3 - Jun 03 2012

im noob 24/7...  :-\

RE: Forgetting how to play - Cas Beep Beep Im A Jeep - Jun 03 2012

Eternal Wrote:

Sit on your computer for a good 72 hours. Maybe an occasional glass of water, small bite to eat, and just maybe, a potty break. No bathing.

I've heard someone played Diablo 3 for 72 hours straight and died... Wouldn't recomend you to do that Wink lol.

RE: Forgetting how to play - ceddeeoo - Jun 03 2012

Make sure to go in options and turn all the special settings for your mouse off except for Raw Input. Mouse Acceleration is very bad for muscle memory and coordination because how far you turn will depend on how fast you move your mouse. This is bad, as you can move your mouse one inch slowly and turn a small amount, move your mouse one inch really fast and youll get much farther. You want to have an even and consistent ratio with the distance you move your mouse and the distance that your crosshair performs in game for your brain to register a consistent movement.

To get better at accuracy and aiming, you have to find your sweet spot for sensitivity. Most if not all good players i know use low sensitivity, anywhere from 0.3 to 1.25 (it also depends on your mouse DPI). To estimate if your mouse sensitivity is too fast or too slow, choose a static spot on a wall, turn your mouse a good bit away from it, then try to flick one shot that exact spot. If you go too far every time, your sens is too fast. If you go short every time, it's not fast enough. If you're using a high sensitivty (2.0 and up), lower it in increments instead of instantly trying 1.0 (which you will automatically find to be too slow and be frustrated about).

Patience and practice is key. Also, frustration blurs concentration, remember that. It's much better to not care than to rage.