(wL) Forums
A simple request for CS:S servers... - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: A simple request for CS:S servers... (/thread-7920.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A simple request for CS:S servers... - Shyatic - Jul 13 2012

Can you guys please put in a ping boot? If you're over 150 ping or something? There are players who have 300+ ping and skip everywhere, making the game really boring to play if you can't hit them.

Thanks Smile

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - joker8baller - Jul 13 2012

Probably not. It's their rates are bad. We have admins and regulars with high ping, they don't lag, and they can play in scrims just fine.

We kick those already who skip.

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - i cri everytiem - Jul 14 2012

I don't believe I'm going to say this but, I agree.. all the servers have some pretty annoying laggers, like people that in 3 secs can go around the map 10 times.. That's ridiculous, +1 for ping plugin, or better called as anti-lag plugin

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - Moriarty - Jul 14 2012

...or better life plug-in

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - khairo - Jul 14 2012

DK, post: 67511, member: 3039 Wrote:I don't believe I'm going to say this but, I agree.. all the servers have some pretty annoying laggers, like people that in 3 secs can go around the map 10 times.. That's ridiculous, +1 for ping plugin, or better called as anti-lag plugin
u dont say....
Sad

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - Riser - Jul 14 2012

DK, post: 67511, member: 3039 Wrote:I don't believe I'm going to say this but, I agree.. all the servers have some pretty annoying laggers, like people that in 3 secs can go around the map 10 times.. That's ridiculous, +1 for ping plugin, or better called as anti-lag plugin
I think that's because of the servers low tic rate or something. That's why it looks like everyone is laggy. I usually don't come across many teleporters. Also, like Joker said its their rates, not ping. Most of the regulars on Office are pretty understanding. I just gotta tell them they're skippy and they'll leave on their own and join back later once its less.. that is if the lag is being caused by them itself(torrents, packet loss, etc).

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - khairo - Jul 14 2012

this idea is like banning 100 countries from the servers. disagree

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - Shyatic - Jul 14 2012

khairo, post: 67542, member: 3934 Wrote:this idea is like banning 100 countries from the servers. disagree
Disagree here... if the game is not playable because some players ping is too high (and thus, cause skipping), then removing them actually makes it more playable. Does it limit people from some foreign countries to play? Yes. But most European countries and Asian countries (whoever might be hitting the server) have pretty fast internet connections and can stay within the bounds of say, 150 ping. If you're over that though, the odds are that you're going to cause everybody else to have a bad time. I know admins boot laggers on occasion but in my experience in the last week or so playing this server, that the reality is that the admins don't do it in a fast amount of time, and people just get frustrated ingame. Thankfully it's a small portion of people, but when that person is the last guy left on a bomb defuse or something, it's *very* annoying.

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - Fuzzy Izzie - Jul 14 2012

Quote:But most European countries and Asian countries (whoever might be hitting the server) have pretty fast internet connections and can stay within the bounds of say, 150 ping.
Untrue. Players in eastern Europe and Western Asia using the fastest fiber optic connections available would all cross that threshold because of the distance and number of servers between them and our game servers.
Just curious, but how did you come up with that figure?

RE: A simple request for CS:S servers... - pTK - Jul 15 2012

War-lords is an international community. It is what makes us great. Deal with it.