(wL) Forums
Denied Dr. gkovr admin application - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Denied Dr. gkovr admin application (/thread-8166.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dr. gkovr admin application [REJECTED] - Dr. gkovr - Aug 01 2012

Name: Dr. gkovr (pronouced jee-koh-var, long story)

Steam ID :STEAM_0:1:37330399

Timezone: EST (Atlantic)

Availability: Afternoon to night, and occasionally mid-day

Tell us something about yourself: I have been doing admin stuff for quite a while. I used to host Minecraft servers, of about 30 people, with a staff of 4 including myself. That is where I started learning about detecting various mods that players used to get an unfair advantage in the game. I recently attempted to start up some CS:S servers, however that didn't go to well. I could not maintain a player base to save my life. At least it gave me some knowledge on how to administrate and set up a CS:S server, mostly with mani-admin and SM. I am fairly good at figuring out if a player is using wall hacks, or an aimbot. I am not the best at figuring out if a player is using a modded/illegal configurations or scripts (bhop, enhanced sounds/textures, etc.), however I am not sure on your rules about that. They are very strict about it in competitive. Note: I usually try to get some sort of proof of cheating, such as a screenshot or a short clip so that I can easily prove guiltiness.

About the requirements: I know that I have more than 5 days. I had about 5 in Sniper, which is where I spend most of my time, and maybe 2 or 3 in MG. I have played all of the servers, except for Scrim, so I am fairly familiar with how everything works. I noticed that the rules say that you cannot have wrongfully accused someone of hacking, and if you check the chat logs there is probably some sort of example of me saying something along the lines of, "hax." I would like to point out that it was all in good humor, and I have never attempted (or ever will), to actually falsely accuse someone of doing it. I never voteban unless the person is doing something worthy of a ban. (I have been wrongfully accused however)

Reason For Admin Application: Quite often I get on the servers, and there are no admins on. All I want to do is help out. I am a quiet guy, that just enjoys sitting down and playing some Counter Strike, and I feel that it would be helpful to the servers, and a good learning experience as well. I am a very capable administrator, and just want to assist by filling in some of the time gaps that exist between the various admins logging on. If I had to administrate a certain server, I play on sniper and mini games the most, if that means anything. Thank you for reading this, and I respect whatever decision you may come to. Note #2: I get out fairly regularly, so if not being available at all times is an issue I apologize.

RE: Dr. gkovr admin application [REJECTED] - Alicia Melchiott - Aug 01 2012

Good Luck

RE: Dr. gkovr admin application [REJECTED] - Dr. gkovr - Aug 01 2012

Alicia Melchiott, post: 70495, member: 6952 Wrote:Good Luck
Thanks Big Grin

RE: Dr. gkovr admin application [REJECTED] - Hostage - Aug 01 2012

Good luck man!

RE: Dr. gkovr admin application [REJECTED] - MindGames - Aug 01 2012

Sorry, you don't have the required 5 days (120 hours) of gameplay time to apply for admin.

RE: Dr. gkovr admin application [REJECTED] - joker8baller - Aug 01 2012

MindGames, post: 70516, member: 9776 Wrote:Sorry, you don't have the required 5 days (120 hours) of gameplay time to apply for admin.
Disregard that, you have more than the required 5 days.

RE: Dr. gkovr admin application [REJECTED] - Hostage - Aug 01 2012

MindGames, post: 70516, member: 9776 Wrote:Sorry, you don't have the required 5 days (120 hours) of gameplay time to apply for admin.
joker8baller, post: 70553, member: 835 Wrote:Disregard that, you have more than the required 5 days.

Abusive !

Only looked at his MG gametime, which is only a hour.

My bad!

RE: Dr. gkovr admin application [REJECTED] - Dr. gkovr - Aug 01 2012

MindGames, post: 70558, member: 9776 Wrote:Only looked at his MG gametime, which is only a hour.

My bad!
Hahaha you scared me for a moment. And I know I have more than an hour on MG?

Dr. gkovr, post: 70561, member: 14911 Wrote:Hahaha you scared me for a moment. And I know I have more than an hour on MG?

Said you only had like 54 minutes, according to the GameME