(wL) Forums
ATB- Stacking teams - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: ATB- Stacking teams (/thread-8314.html)

Pages: 1 2

ATB- Stacking teams - i cri everytiem - Aug 10 2012

the "ATB- Checking teams" is making some really unfair team-balance. I would suggest to take it off.. It's getting all the good player on the winning team, which means the strong guys in 1 team, noobs on the other.

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - M. Bison - Aug 10 2012

DK, post: 72247, member: 3039 Wrote:It's getting all the good player on the winning team, which means the strong guys in 1 team, noobs on the other.
I guess that's one way to balance teams. o_O

Anyway, a quick look at the two servers showed promising results. The scores were dead even. :p

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - ceddeeoo - Aug 10 2012

can you explain how this plugin works bison ? unless I missed a previous thread or announcement...

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - >RiG-Th!S< - Aug 10 2012

It doesnt always stack the better players but yes some times it throws the top fraggers on one team...I like it it just might need a little tweaking if that can be done.

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - M. Bison - Aug 10 2012

The plugin balances based off of GameMe stats. Wink

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - i cri everytiem - Aug 11 2012

M. Bison, post: 72258, member: 359 Wrote:The plugin balances based off of GameMe stats. Wink
Hmm, I think it isn't a good idea because some players are just points hurters, and it didn't resolve the problem in my opinion, it stacks the winning team all the time, not the losing one, but it keeps the winning team with the best players..

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - >RiG-Th!S< - Aug 11 2012

<3 Dk...but that isnt always true the math is wrong......
Quote:The plugin balances based off of GameMe stats.
and some people stack all day...it just needs a few tweaks.

Quote:Yesterday it was like 8-1 on pop maps and spartacus got switched with another player and < joined the team that was already winning, which made team ever more stacked of course.
raw addition...I think Bison can make this better.

Quote:No point switching the good players from the losing team if they are already grtting pwned badly in the game.
ya the gameme stats are false...it should go with the top 5 players on each team for any given map.
I'm not sure if that can be implemented though. I hope it can...but the team scores per-map seem to be pretty even. (with a few exceptions)
I would have to say overall it is working with a few setbacks.

_edit_ 40 man pub is a hell of a lot different then a 10 man pub...

I approve this application.

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - Spartacus - Aug 11 2012

It is working, not perfectly though.

Any teams with DVS or d3vaLL in them is going to be stacked. Unless, there's someone on the opposing team capable of stopping them.

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - George Of The Jungle - Aug 11 2012

Hmm, shouldn't it be better if the players who are doing the best in the server at the moment get replaced? Yesterday it was like 8-1 on pop maps and spartacus got switched with another player and was forced to join the team that was already winning, which made the team ever more stacked of course.

RE: ATB- Stacking teams - Spartacus - Aug 11 2012

George Of The Jungle, post: 72304, member: 3094 Wrote:Hmm, shouldn't it be better if the players who are doing the best in the server at the moment get replaced? Yesterday it was like 8-1 on pop maps and spartacus got switched with another player and was forced to join the team that was already winning, which made team ever more stacked of course.

Yeah that made me frustrated.

However, gameme stats is the closest way to gauge a players skill and team balancing. I think the tweaking has got to relate with the real time team scores as well.

No point switching the good players from the losing team if they are already grtting pwned badly in the game.