(wL) Forums
Computer frequently restarts. - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Tech Support and Support (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Computer frequently restarts. (/thread-8495.html)

Computer frequently restarts. - Spartacus - Aug 23 2012

My PC frequently restarts nowadays.

Sometimes after resetting, it just makes a beeping sound, shows a black screen and doesn't go back to desktop mode.

If that doesn't happen, my display driver would crash, causing the display to be stuck for awhile, before going back to normal. (I would take a picture and video of both events next time it happens)

I'm not sure whether its a PSU issue or a memory issue.

[U][SIZE=10px]Computer Specifications[/SIZE][/U]
[SIZE=10px]OS:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Windows 7 Ultimate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Motherboard:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Gigabyte X58A-UD3R[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]CPU:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 950 @ 3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Memory:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]6.00 GB[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Hard Drive:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]30 GB ATA KINGSTON SSDNOW, 500 G[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Video Card:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]AMD Radeon HD 6850[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Headphones:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Bose Quiet Comfort 15[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Monitor:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]BenQ XL2420t[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Mouse:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Roccat Kone [+][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Mousepad:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Razer eXactMat[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Keyboard:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Razer BlackWidow Ultimate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]Power Supply[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10px]550W[/SIZE]

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - Sibrox - Aug 23 2012

seems like a Memory or Overheating Problem, Wattage of the PSU is enough.

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - Dre@m$ - Aug 23 2012

Damn you have a small Hard drive on that thinvg o.o

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - i cri everytiem - Aug 23 2012

When I built my PC, I was getting this... I changed the memory positions and it's gone, never happened again. On manual they ask you to put 1 memory on A1 and B1, mine are A1 and A2, but it can't be totally usable, my PC is a 8gb, usable 7.90 because of that.. Nothing really taken away.

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - Anubis - Aug 24 2012

Know what the sequence of the beeps are and if they're long or short ones?

DK, post: 73654, member: 3039 Wrote:On manual they ask you to put 1 memory on A1 and B1, mine are A1 and A2, but it can't be totally usable, my PC is a 8gb, usable 7.90 because of that.. Nothing really taken away.
The memory you're missing is due to the system's own addressing purposes. Also you might check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture#Dual-channel_architecture

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - Fuzzy Izzie - Aug 24 2012

Yeah, the beep pattern can help you figure out what part is faulty if you look it up in your mobo's manual.
If you think it's your memory, try using just one stick at a time and see if you the problem shows up. Be sure to to unplug your power, and first touch something metal to discharge any static electricity... I've ruined several memory chips when I was hurrying to diagnose and forgot.:confused:
It's too bad your mobo/Socket 1366 doesn't have on board graphics. If your display driver is crashing, it might be your gfx card overheating.
Speccy is a free little program that gives you really detailed information on your hardware. You can use it to check the temperature levels on your CPU, MOBO, VGA, and HDDs. Or if you wanna be old school, try shutting it off, opening your case, and quickly touching the heatsinks on your graphics card and cpu the next time your pc restarts. :eek:
DK, post: 73654, member: 3039 Wrote:When I built my PC, I was getting this... I changed the memory positions and it's gone, never happened again. On manual they ask you to put 1 memory on A1 and B1, mine are A1 and A2, but it can't be totally usable, my PC is a 8gb, usable 7.90 because of that.. Nothing really taken away.
In your case, your memory and mobo wouldn't run in dual channel, so I told you to try single. Glad you got it to work. Like it says in the wiki link Anubis posted, the performance loss is probably less than 5%.
Sibrox, post: 73626, member: 14065 Wrote:seems like a Memory or Overheating Problem, Wattage of the PSU is enough.
If you've already been using your computer for awhile when it starts having problems, PSU brand & reliability is more relevant than wattage.

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - pooterking69420 - Aug 24 2012

you should get someting called system repair mechanics its show everything ur using its very helpful for watching cpu and everything percents on running

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - i cri everytiem - Aug 24 2012

pooterking69420, post: 73676, member: 6134 Wrote:you should get someting called system repair mechanics its show everything ur using its very helpful for watching cpu and everything percents on running
Task Manager, maybe? Easy to use and it's already installedWink

Fuzzy Izzie, post: 73675, member: 9457 Wrote:In your case, your memory and mobo wouldn't run in dual channel, so I told you to try single. Glad you got it to work. Like it says in the wiki link Anubis posted, the performance loss is probably less than 5%.
Yeah, and I went nuts that day and you were like "Chill dude" haha... Thanks for the help again Smile

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - pooterking69420 - Aug 24 2012

well you could do this but this find all system idle programs and startup programs also, removes alot of things i did not even know of and fixs alot of problems stores and programers use.

RE: Computer frequently restarts. - Spartacus - Aug 24 2012

Anubis, post: 73669, member: 626 Wrote:Know what the sequence of the beeps are and if they're long or short ones?

2 consecutive beeps, then it stops and doesn't continue to launch.

I should really try get a video ready next time it occurs.