(wL) Forums
Annoying minigame server chat - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Annoying minigame server chat (/thread-9061.html)

Pages: 1 2

Annoying minigame server chat - Raptor@ - Nov 05 2012

i have noticed that t and ct can chat with each other since more than 1 year during any map.
i am fed up with this and thinks thats its time to do something about it
even when ct and t are dead or alive they still can communicate
when some one die and write something, even the players who are alive can see the message
some will see that as ghosting
then a dumbass admin will come and ban that player for ghosting

When i play on popular map, if i am t, then i can chat only with the t side
When i am dead, then only can i chat with ct team

the minigame server is getting worst each and everyday
There are so many mic spammers due to that reason and also scarce admin..Sad
platform and izzie are doing their best

Most of the time i play awp server
also admin is rare there

long ago we were having this physics problem on minigame
now we have this broken chat plug in problem
please fix this as soon as possible..Rolleyes

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - Spartacus - Nov 05 2012

it could be that minigame doesn't require that much discussion of team strats compared to pop maps/office/dust2.

I always imagined it to be a place where players just chill and have fun. aimirite?!

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - Anubis - Nov 05 2012

Chat on the minigames server is handled differently than other servers, as it's not generally the same type of strategy-based gameplay.

Players generally shouldn't be being banned for talking when dead. If what they are saying is somehow giving an advantage to another player, then that's probably something they shouldn't be doing. Is there a particular instance that you're referring to?

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - Raptor@ - Nov 05 2012

Spartacus, post: 78944, member: 1060 Wrote:it could be that minigame doesn't require that much discussion of team strats compared to pop maps/office/dust2.

I always imagined it to be a place where players just chill and have fun. aimirite?!
It was fun long ago until now
Some bitches playing music and singing
Using abusive language and being racist
Deliberately ignoring game objectives [ wasting time map]
You would like to play in an atmosphere like that o_O

Double post

Anubis, post: 78946, member: 626 Wrote:Chat on the minigames server is handled differently than other servers, as it's not generally the same type of strategy-based gameplay.

Players generally shouldn't be being banned for talking when dead. If what they are saying is somehow giving an advantage to another player, then that's probably something they shouldn't be doing. Is there a particular instance that you're referring to?
Smee tower, Tv tower and lots of map [ t sided maps]
dead people give out alive positions so as to speed up the game

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - Fuzzy Joggie Pony - Nov 05 2012

Spartacus, post: 78944, member: 1060 Wrote:I always imagined it to be a place where players just chill and have fun. aimirite?!
I have played MG for a looooong time now, exactly because of the above reason. I can safely say I know pretty much all the regulars on the server. All of the chat (either dead, alive or mic) shouldn't be touched in any way. I believe that is why MG can be such a fun server to hang out in the first place. Of course you have the occasional ghoster, but it's always the same people doing it. If it happens just point out that he shouldn't be doing it, if they persist get an admin involved. Same story for mic spamming. If you can't handle it, mute them or get an admin in. Btw Reptar, if you open teamchat, type @ followed by your message, and all admins online will see this and will be able to help out.

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - Gonffs - Nov 05 2012

Raptor@, post: 78947, member: 1612 Wrote:It was fun long ago until now
Some bitches playing music and singing
Using abusive language and being racist
Deliberately ignoring game objectives [ wasting time map]
You would like to play in an atmosphere like that o_O

Double post

Smee tower, Tv tower and lots of map [ t sided maps]

Raptor, if your gonna complain about people tell us who. And as for the chat, it's never been a problem, except a few times, where we'll tell that one person to stop. If he doesn't we'll get an admin, yesterday, I got Bison on to stop a few spammers. And I think I'm on the line with fuzzy, I pretty much know all the regs, and there ain't many that spam and when they do I get fuzzy or bison Tongue

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - Fuzzy Izzie - Nov 05 2012

Raptor@, post: 78947, member: 1612 Wrote:Smee tower, Tv tower and lots of map [ t sided maps]
The occasional ghosters in those maps are usually just players upset over getting killed. In such cases, they are usually warned and only given temporary bans after repeated refusal to listen to admins. I have never seen someone disciplined in mini-games for trying to speed up the game by revealing the location of the player camping out the clock when he has objective. I usually beacon them myself. Wink

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - James` - Nov 05 2012

Raptor@, post: 78942, member: 1612 Wrote:i have noticed that t and ct can chat with each other since more than 1 year during any map.
i am fed up with this and thinks thats its time to do something about it
even when ct and t are dead or alive they still can communicate
when some one die and write something, even the players who are alive can see the message
some will see that as ghosting
then a dumbass admin will come and ban that player for ghosting

When i play on popular map, if i am t, then i can chat only with the t side
When i am dead, then only can i chat with ct team

the minigame server is getting worst each and everyday
There are so many mic spammers due to that reason and also scarce admin..Sad
platform and izzie are doing their best

Most of the time i play awp server
also admin is rare there

long ago we were having this physics problem on minigame
now we have this broken chat plug in problem
please fix this as soon as possible..Rolleyes

Why are you trying to change something that works? I don't understand human nature in this context. When something is working DON'T FIX IT. There's nothing wrong with alltalk being on. The reason you have a big problem with this is because people are ghosting YOUR position. Cause guess what, you camp like a bitch. You sit on top of smee tower and don't move. You are constantly harassing other players for your shittiness. "dumbass admins" are the admins that actually give a damn. I don't know who your referring to but the only admins I see in MG are botwalkie the boss, Platform the panzy, and izzie the beast. And quite frankly none of them are dumbasses soooooo.... Yah. You're an idiot. I really have no problem with most players that make me rage like narnia but you take the cake sir. I really hate everything that you choose to be.

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - M. Bison - Nov 06 2012

Raptor@, post: 78947, member: 1612 Wrote:Deliberately ignoring game objectives [ wasting time map]
Ghosting would be beneficial in this case, right? Wink

RE: Annoying minigame server chat - Raptor@ - Nov 06 2012

M. Bison, post: 79031, member: 359 Wrote:Ghosting would be beneficial in this case, right? Wink
If i am dead , this would be fun
But if i am the last players and has 10 hp, then some whore will write raptor = 10 hp, throw a HE Grenade and bitch will die
This would not be fun anyway..:oops: