Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestions for competitive events this Summer ?
The two things i'd like to organize :

An other classic tournament (like the last winter one).

- with prize pot
- more strict scheduling
- more tournaments admins

An amateur mini-league (like good old ESEA).

- 1 or 2 match per week, 1 map per week (classic maps + scorch)
- fixed teams (minimum 5, for up to 7 players in roster)
- again with more strict scheduling

We could do both (a league season to qualify for the tournament), one of the two or neither (or something you guys suggest).

Whatever we're gonna do, i'd be interested into making short clips for (wL).

For a tournament : it would be a fragmovie showing, the best frags, best clutches and if possible best teamplay made during the tournament.

For a league season : it would be a short weekly top5 for every map showing off the best frags, clutches and teamplay made during matches. And depending if its too much work for me,a best of for the entire season.

For both : 1 short clip per 2 week (to reduce the amount of work) and 1 fragmovie for both the season and playoff.

If neither :

- I'd love to do a monthly clip for best clutches (top5 or 10), only 1vs4 and 1vs5 would qualify.
- I could also make weekly clips with frags made on the private servers/11 rws server (in order to help the activity).

I'm open to any feedback and suggestions  Heart
[-] The following 2 users Like Ben-'s post:
   HamzaAlbeast, QueenCrazy
I think the ideas are great. 

Just make sure we don't neglect to include sub spots, because not everyone has the league experience that teaches you about committing to a team... and strict ringer rules... I like weekly map idea, give time for a team to practice together.

Nice work, Ben!
How about a 2v2 AWP tourney? I played in a few of those back in the day but can't remember who used to host them... i think it would get advertised on IRC #sourcescrim
[-] The following 1 user Likes sosa's post:
   Ben-
(May 16 2017, 01:16 AM)sosa Wrote: How about a 2v2 AWP tourney? I played in a few of those back in the day but can't remember who used to host them... i think it would get advertised on IRC #sourcescrim

Someone also talked about a 1vs1 tournament a few weeks ago, if at least a dozen of players show interest we could always ask for new aim maps in the private servers and organize 1vs1's and 2vs2's, it wouldn't need much, just someone independent to overwatch.

Also a 5 vs 5 on aim maps or gungame maps could be fun (no bomb objectives).
i'll participate in 1v1, and 2vs2.
loving the colors to categorize
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
Lol I doubt this would end/go good but maybe like what Queen or whoever suggested this b4 as sort of a joke thingy. Could do like a tournament style type thing but with the whole sv_cheats thingy... so maybe everyone would have to try more harder in it because of u know walls and stuff... idk.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spiderfreak's post:
   CaliSnipe
(May 16 2017, 02:30 PM)Spiderfreak Wrote: Lol I doubt this would end/go good but maybe like what Queen or whoever suggested this b4 as sort of a joke thingy. Could do like a tournament style type thing but with the whole sv_cheats thingy... so maybe everyone would have to try more harder in it because of u know walls and stuff... idk.

I'm 100% against any comp promoting "cheats", even if it's for fun and temporary, it would send the wrong message to players (I think) and it might give the first taste to potential new cheaters, that would of never even tried it before.

Still if you guys wanna organize something of the sort you'll have to ask bison for the private server utilization and potential modification for it and thats if he's allowing such a thing on wl. The other option, would be to host that on a 1 month server (paid by participants) with more or less protection for obvious reasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben-'s post:
   Drago
Bump
Last bump, im making a more detailed thread tonight with possible dates and other stuff.

Still open to new ideas for other Stuff Smile